It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can dreams affect real life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i was going to sleep and i had a odd dream there was this weird like a radio guy voice and it said its daylight savings time so turn your clocks back one hour and i woke up thinking what the heck was that then my mom busted in and told me it was 15 till 9 i had to babysit at 9 a.m. then i said
no its not look at my clock and my clock had been set a hour back and i was really kinda freaked out that day everything just felt weird.

thanks for reading!

[edit on 3-8-2004 by jerseydev]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
it just felt like a how can i put this... staticy day.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I dunno, perhaps dreams do have an affect on real life.

Ive had this thing, were I go to bed and am wondering about something, then I have a wierd dream about it, then after in the morning I wake up and have this real good solution for whatever it was..

anyone else had that???

maybe my special abilitie is in astral solutions

But dreams could be real life
....Just in another dimension

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sometimes something similar happens to me. If my brain knows I will not be getting enough rest, I will turn my alarm clock off in my sleep, causing me to oversleep till someone wakes me. Or I will have a dream that incorporates my alarm in it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think dreams could affect RL to some extent. The people who believe that dreams do affect real life will most likely consciously make decisions in accordance to their dreams. People who do not believe that dreams affect real life will probably still to some extent subconsciously do it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Of course. People get terrorized from nightmares all the time. Look at 3 year olds.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
yes they get terrorized but can it affect objects in real life because my friend had a simaler experiance he had a dream that he had a fight with his parents and he took out his clothes and messed his room up and when he woke up all his stuff was scattered around.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sometimes we tend to lose the sense of time and in other occasions we just get confused about what�s a dream and reality, as long as these things happened during stress and lack of sleep is somewhat ok but if these things occur often then it may be some medical problem.

One of the things I hate the most is that while I am teaching my mind will go blank and the students just look at me and tell me that I look funny. I guess it has to do when too much information is our mind at one particular time.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerseydev
yes they get terrorized but can it affect objects in real life because my friend had a simaler experiance he had a dream that he had a fight with his parents and he took out his clothes and messed his room up and when he woke up all his stuff was scattered around.

Sleepwalking, acting out your dreams. I do it all the time, which can sometimes end up slightly dangerous so if it happens a lot he might want to contact a sleep disorder place.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
one of my friends took 12 hits of acid once and then took a bunch of sleeping pills and had this dream that happened in real life about a month later.

top topics

join