It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...
coto2.wordpress.com...

Strange! After the report of two suns out of China, now there is report of two moons. What could possibly explain this phenomena? I'm guessing chemtrail.

Well, in the wee hours of Thursday, May 19, 2011, Ft. Lauderdale had a double moon. My cheap digital camera could not capture what my eyes – and those of my father – saw. I saw it at 2:30 AM ET; he saw it at 5 AM ET.

The “second” moon appeared as a ghostly superimposition on the real moon, but slightly lower and to the left, covering about 80% of the real moon. The perimeter of the ghostly moon was slightly darkly pigmented so that, even tho it lay atop the real moon, it could be clearly seen. The luminosity of the real moon was stronger, but not by much. We could see through the ghostly moon.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

this requires a lot more information, looking like a light and a moon so far!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The second moon has been added using some kind of image software

Its as fake as a $3 bill

EDIT: I wish people would do some analysis before randomly flagging posts....this isnt Youtube guys and girls
edit on 22-5-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Didn't someone recently post about seeing 2 moons? They uploaded a picture too, i think.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Complete garbage. There are no such things as "chem"-trails, and that photo is as fake as can be (already mentioned above)....

ETA: Considering Phage below...."fake" in the sense of it being presented as "real"...if that makes sense. Also, the *personal* accounts tried to leave the impression that the 'effect' was also seen with the naked eye....THAT is the "fake", and the deception to lead readers down the primrose path.....

edit on Sun 22 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
Didn't someone recently post about seeing 2 moons? They uploaded a picture too, i think.

I saw 14 moons last night....i too have a pic....believe me??? I can produce it for you if you like....as long as you take it as face value you should accept mine as truth too

Whatever you do....dont use your brain lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
SORRY DOUBLE POST

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Not fake. Simply lens flare.
Another example, a bit more obvious.

Another:

edit on 5/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

I saw 14 moons last night....i too have a pic....believe me??? I can produce it for you if you like....as long as you take it as face value you should accept mine as truth too

Are you serious? You read my post and got that out of it??? Are you smoking something?? All i did was point out that I think someone already posted this..... wow, so desperate to attack someone, you didn't even realize you attacked a fellow skeptic.

Anyway...........
I agree it's probably a reflection, but it's so perfect i'm not ruling out photoshop either.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here is the give away.....

My cheap digital camera

Stop taking pics with phones and crap cameras.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Are you serious? You read my post and got that out of it??? Are you smoking something?? All i did was point out that I think someone already posted this..... wow, so desperate to attack someone, you didn't even realize you attacked a fellow skeptic.

Lol sorry i quoted you instead of the OP

A simple mistake

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
nevermind

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thank god for people like Phage or ATS might end up being being overrun by people who are too easily swayed into believing that there is more than one sun or more than one moon.

Regards , Phage.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Lol sorry i quoted you instead of the OP

A simple mistake

Well in that case.....carry on.

Although, i interpreted the op as being facetious in his remark, especially about the chemtrails causing it... sounded like he was poking fun of thing by making fun of another thing.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Under Water because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I remember when I was in 5th grade my teacher showed us something that he said we would never see again. He took two projectors on either side of the room with a different color, one green and one red light. He aimed the lights at a picture cutout. There appeared two shadows.

I think it might just be light bouncing off and causing two images instead of one. But what would the second light source be?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
www.activistpost.com...
coto2.wordpress.com...

Strange! After the report of two suns out of China, now there is report of two moons. What could possibly explain this phenomena? I'm guessing chemtrail.

Well, in the wee hours of Thursday, May 19, 2011, Ft. Lauderdale had a double moon. My cheap digital camera could not capture what my eyes – and those of my father – saw. I saw it at 2:30 AM ET; he saw it at 5 AM ET.

The “second” moon appeared as a ghostly superimposition on the real moon, but slightly lower and to the left, covering about 80% of the real moon. The perimeter of the ghostly moon was slightly darkly pigmented so that, even tho it lay atop the real moon, it could be clearly seen. The luminosity of the real moon was stronger, but not by much. We could see through the ghostly moon.

This picture is not the sighing being talked about...it is different then the overlapping moon they are talking about.

"My cheap digital camera could not capture what my eyes – and those of my father – saw. I saw it at 2:30 AM ET; he saw it at 5 AM ET" there is no picture...
The Weather Network hosts an image by Karen Perreault taken on April 17, 2011. Her double moon image is quite different from what we saw:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

There is a single light source, the Moon. The "second" Moon is a reflection, internal to the camera, of the real Moon.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I just don't understand how people can think that "suddenly", out of the blue...*poof* 2 moons or 2 suns.......don't you think the whole world would notice? There is ONE moon and ONE sun......Planets and stars don't just "appear" one night. Photos can be faked very easily and it's getting harder and harder to tell.....and then camera anomalies as said above.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A picture used to be a thousand words as the old say goes but now day they are almost worthless. With cameras being able to see things the naked eye can not and with all the camera lens flares and other camera anomalies there are and photo shop I do no care what you see with the naked eye you might as well forget taking a picture of it because the picture will be useless as proof to what you seen. And even if you do not take a picture of it but just tell what you seen people will still bring up the camera problems even if no camera was involved (I know that from a fact). So I do not care who you are or what you see taking a picture of it to show others is all but pointless. In fact the picture you try to use as proof may just backfire on you like it has so many others. To be truthful about the mater pictures are no longer valid as proof of anything. We have depended on pictures as proof for some long what are we going to do now that has been taken from us. If pictures can not be used as proof any more what can we use in there place?

This question needs a thread of its own.

Pictures as proof?
edit on 5/22/2011 by fixer1967 because: Add link for new thread I made

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

You just need to believe in people who can spot fakes from their years of experience in this field.
Second line

top topics

<<   2 >>

join