It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Minneapolis chaos after tornado destroys urban area!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

North Minneapolis chaos after tornado destroys urban area!

www.kare11.com

KARE 11 reporter Jana Shortal arrived near the intersection of West Broadway and Penn just before 4 p.m. and described the scene as "devastating," and "complete chaos." Jana spoke of church and house roofs being torn off, large mature trees being ripped out of the ground, and more than a dozen ambulances lined up with crews to care for those injured.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I live in Minneapolis, one city north of north Minneapolis and this is the worst storm damage I have ever seen. The news is not reporting the deaths but I have family members who have neighbors that have been killed. The northside of Minneapolis is an area high in crime and they are without power...NOT GOOD! I have lived here my whole life and this is something unimaginable to us. Hoping for the best!

www.kare11.com

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

My friends are saying they are shooting and looting already! This is scary! It pissed me off that people have to be so damn ignorant!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

If this were to happen to Japan people would help each other.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I hadn't heard about this, thank you for sharing.

Here's to hoping not very many people died...as for the looters...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here is a link from the newspaper in the minneapolis. The pictures are just devastating. I feel bad for the families down there whos homes have been destoryed

www.startribune.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have friends in MN and lived there for a year. Not exactly sure where
this is located - is there a name of the community. It looks bad, hope
everyone is alright.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm

I live in Minneapolis, one city north of north Minneapolis and this is the worst storm damage I have ever seen. The news is not reporting the deaths but I have family members who have neighbors that have been killed. The northside of Minneapolis is an area high in crime and they are without power...NOT GOOD! I have lived here my whole life and this is something unimaginable to us. Hoping for the best!

www.kare11.com

I live just about 2.5 miles from there and the sirens were going off and the wife says...Let's go for a walk!! NO, I don't think so, she said not to worry as they went off yesterday afternoon too. The one siren pole is right outside our house. LOUD!! Doesn't look too bad from what I have seen here locally in North Minneapolis.
edit on 22-5-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i can not believe the news is not reporting the deaths. dont they care? of course they dont care,

now i know why their station is titled KARE, cause if they spelled it properly "care" they'd be sued for false advertising, cause they dont care!

report all angles is the mark of unbiased news, not reporting the deaths is not reporting the truth.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

yeah, they would.

meanwhile back in the west people are more bothered about the damage to their car and their own well being while others are grieving and in need of help. it is obvious in japan they vaule human life/eachother more, in places like america possesions and what ever extra possesions can be gained from the choas are far more important.

i can actually visualise people stepping over a injured person to get to the t.v. in the shop window as not being far fetched. but i bet some people are helping eachother, it's just the ones who are not that give everyone else a bad name and turn a situation that is bad into a worse one.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Looks as if this storm system is
heading right for us here in Indiana.
Stay safe everyone.

stormpulse.com

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
i can not believe the news is not reporting the deaths. dont they care? of course they dont care,

Nope, they are too busy providing cover for covert operations and "terrorist attacks" in Pakistan at the moment... But they will be on this one soon.

Nature seems angry these days, almost disproportionately so.... Wicked weather everywhere!

I can't help but feel bad for all of the people affected by the weather and climate this year, it always seems to hit the poor the hardest.

Thoughts and prayers to those who need it most.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

I totally agree. It is ridiculous how people take tradegy and make it worse. There are 100's of homes damaged. They are saying one death so far but I have personally heard of more. This is very close to my house.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The tornado struck from the lower end of north Minneapolis, like the Theodore Wirth Park Area all the way up to 694 and the mississippi river area. Hope this helps!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I think they may not know. I am not sure though. I am concerned about the fact that they are making people go to the NE Armory regardless of choice. They are not saying this on the news yet but my family is saying police are everywhere not letting anyone in or out.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I can visualize the same thing and it pisses me off!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thank you - I know where that is located now.
A bad disaster - I hope the community can
come together and and that the looting stops.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If there were some people in their that voted for Bush and the iraq/afghan war, then this is their karma. Since the iraq/afghani people cant strike back with bombs, the Lord sends tornadoes.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I HIGHLY doubt ANYONE in North Minneapolis voted for Bush. Almost ALL of the Northside is poverty stricken and according to history has one of the lowest voting turnouts period in our state EXCEPT for the 2008 election for Obama =( It is definitely the area with the most violence. Rupublicians....ummm NO!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Wow! That's some reasoning you got there! I'm sure "the lord" will destroy hundreds of peoples' homes because someone voted for Bush.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join