It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Pressures Cmd Sgt Maj to Shut Up about UFO Battle!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
An interesting radio interview on Kevin Smith Show by a Cmd Sgt. Maj. James Norton regarding a "battle" with Aliens in 1977 at Fort Benning ...

Some kind of event like the Dulce War www.abovetopsecret.com... and in the same years?

Cmd Sgt Maj James Norton tells about being detained and having the NSA tell him to stop talking about a battle in 1977 at Ft Benning between UFOs and the U.S. Army. He says he is now under surveillance.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
For some reason, this guy didn't strike me as sounding like a Command Sgt Major, based on the CSM's I have talked too in the past. Doesn't mean he isn't but I just didn't think he sounded "right" for having that rank. And no, it's not because he has a southern accent, it's just there is a certain "air" of authority and professionalism CSMs tend to have to their voice, and I didn't seem to feel that. Not saying the guy isn't, just my opinion.

Are we sure he is command sgt major? Active, guard, reserve???
edit on 22-5-2011 by SrWingCommander because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

And no, it's not because he has a southern accent

Hmmm... really interesting and decisive point!

You are joking of course... Or not?

Are we sure that you are not who you tell you are?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I lived in Columbus, Ga For most of my life until 2001. I have never once heard of this.

And agreed, living in Columbus most of my life, I dont think this guy speaks like a CSM.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
I lived in Columbus, Ga For most of my life until 2001. I have never once heard of this.

And agreed, living in Columbus most of my life, I dont think this guy speaks like a CSM.

I know several CSM and they speaks right like Cmd. Sgt. Maj. James Norton.

Oh: different accent of course!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Having listend to this this, here is what I think, and this is based off of my knowledge of the armed services and how command functions work. (My partents were a part of the military either in it, or working as a civilian contractor.) I do not believe that this is a real command sergent major or that this event really did happen. And here is the reason why.
The NSA could not just call and talk to someone in the military or apart of a military base, without the persons immediate superior giving permission for. It would be a breach of protocal and if anything the military is loaded with redundent protocals. If they wanted this hushed up or supressed, then all they would have to do is classify the entire event as being secret and then the person would be forbidden to say anything under pain and penalty of imprisionment and or fine or both. All the NSA would have to do is call their connections in the Pentagon, that would issue a direct order, and it would go out and this guy would be under a gag order. If he violated that order, then he could loose alot more than by speaking. It does not make sense and sounds fishy.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

This isn't always true, although I totally get what you are saying...

I know of lots of times when some angry person calls some military persons' commander and makes a telphone complaint, thus getting that soldier into a lot of trouble..

Even the NSA could simply call this guy's commander and give him a lot of guff on the phone, getting the same results, without going through the pentagon to do it...

There is no 100% rulebook on what the NSA can do, this I do know..The NSA does whatever the 'f it wants, unfortunately..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Found this info regarding James Norton :

Here is the latest update on Command Sergeant Major James Norton, the active military man ( who claimed to have possession of a piece of debris from an unidentified flying object and has it buried at his property. ) CSM James Norton has been told to keep his mouth shut, the NSA (National Security Agency) wants to talk to him and he has been detained and now released. Below, are the comments of CSM James Norton.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Regarding that incident :

In September 1977, during the Joint Attack Weapons Systems Test (JAWS) at Fort Benning Georgia, the entire base witnessed a UFO invasion. As many as 1300 troops were involved in the event. Most were left with severe psychological trauma and “missing time” gaps.
Command Sergeant Major James Norton, who is now stationed at Fort McClellan, Alabama. He was a buck sergeant (E-5) at the time when he witnessed an eerie encounter with UFOs and the military on September 14, 1977. He was sent to the range a little before midnight along with 12 to 1300 troops to perform live fire with their new weapons systems called JAWS (Joint Attack Weapons System). The Secretary of the Army at the time was actually at the range..

www.oomeflippinhead.com...

www.youtube.com...=15

edit on 22-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
He's supposedly stationed at Fort McClellan in Alabama now, any way someone could check on that? How would you go about it if it was possible?

There's a thread here where someone posted with his name : www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I think that's one of the links I posted.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
He's supposedly stationed at Fort McClellan in Alabama now, any way someone could check on that? How would you go about it if it was possible?

There's a thread here where someone posted with his name : www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

He can't be stationed at Fort McClellan because it's been closed since 1999.

www.mcclellan.army.mil...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

I think that's one of the links I posted.

Gah, sorry. I just searched around and didn't notice anyone had mentioned Fort McClellan.

Originally posted by cripmeister

Yeah this came up in the thread that was linked too, but the poster named CSM Norton said : "Ft.McClellan has several new traning sites like CDP where we train new personnel in NBC.We train them in Full Mop Gear."

No clue if that's true or not.

Just checked and wiki mentions Center for Domestic Preparedness (for CDP in the quote above.) :

The grounds of Fort McClellan continue to be operated by the Alabama National Guard[2] for field training, as well as a notoriously difficult officer candidate school which was briefly shown in the film Brüno. Fort McClellan is also home to the Department of Homeland Security Center for Domestic Preparedness.

And :

Work is underway to restore the environment from the ecological problems introduced by the army's continued presence at the fort.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-5-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I haven't heard his ufo battle story, but if he thinks a couple of buddies is all he needs for protection from the Agency he's in for a big surprise. I can't believe he is in the military and not know that when he joined he gave up his rights as a citizen and belongs to the military. That includes free speech, when you are told to shut up that is an "order".

I worked as a paralegal for the Air Force and this just sounds too bogus. All this sitting outside is house in black vans is too TV, they can know everything going on in that house without using man power to sit outside and do what just watch. F&S I want to hear his ufo battle story.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Now Vasquez, I believe. But Norton is the way they discredit Vasquez. Can ETs block thousands of peoples memories, yes. Why is Norton so more out spoken and has this evidence he says buried on his property? Right, that no one has seen. If he really had something believe me Stan Friedman would have already been on his doorstep.

Something probably did happen that night, just like in the UK, Bentwater incident. Look how many years it took for the truth to come out. Oh, and it was the UK that released that info. Since this happened in the US, they will just get someone like Norton to make the story so unbelieveable it will discredit Vasquez. It's a wicked game they play.

There is another thread on ATS just tonight about the US shooting down a UFO here in the US. I bet they are mad because our government used all the technology they gave them just to kill people. I want my free energy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I too have to question the CSM's claim Arken. Why, at the end of the interview does he say he hasn't done anything wrong under `general law´. I would have thought that a CSM would invoke the UCMJ. He should have said he didn't do anything wrong under the UCMJ.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

If/when this guy delivers I'll listen but until then I file him under "attention seeker" or "possible huckster".

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by robhines

Wrong, certainly has NOT been closed since 1999. I was there for training as recently as 2005, as have been thousands of other soldiers since then.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If you go t his original interview part five here :-

Read comment below video on YT !

Peace
edit on 073131p://05America/Chicago23 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I was in the Navy & met many base commanders, & other high ranking military folk, & just like snowflakes, they're different. I will agree a lot of southern boys are in the military, so much so I've lost my northern acent & adopted a southern one

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Found this info regarding James Norton :

Here is the latest update on Command Sergeant Major James Norton, the active military man ( who claimed to have possession of a piece of debris from an unidentified flying object and has it buried at his property. ) CSM James Norton has been told to keep his mouth shut, the NSA (National Security Agency) wants to talk to him and he has been detained and now released. Below, are the comments of CSM James Norton.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Regarding that incident :

In September 1977, during the Joint Attack Weapons Systems Test (JAWS) at Fort Benning Georgia, the entire base witnessed a UFO invasion. As many as 1300 troops were involved in the event. Most were left with severe psychological trauma and “missing time” gaps.
Command Sergeant Major James Norton, who is now stationed at Fort McClellan, Alabama. He was a buck sergeant (E-5) at the time when he witnessed an eerie encounter with UFOs and the military on September 14, 1977. He was sent to the range a little before midnight along with 12 to 1300 troops to perform live fire with their new weapons systems called JAWS (Joint Attack Weapons System). The Secretary of the Army at the time was actually at the range..

www.oomeflippinhead.com...

www.youtube.com...=15

Thank you for this post, the OP doesn't give me a sense of what happened but this is a story of suspense that gets me on the edge of my seat.

This is not like the Dulce Wars, but this is an amazing story. With the battle in Colares Brazil in the same year I am likely to believe these men. The Colares war is so widely documented that it is fact, not fiction.

The solder said they were fired upon with an unknown weapon - this is a beam. The reenactment show the solders getting on the ground and shooting, and the way the solder said about the firing, leads me to believe the solders began firing upon the UFO first. We do not know what would have happened if the solders did not fire upon the UFO, perhaps the UFO was not hostile, but we were.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join