It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can these photos explain my sisters behaviour?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You took the photographs with a digital camera with flash!!!!! Most likely a compact format camera where the lens and flash are close together. What you are seeing is the flash reflecting of particles, usually water vapour.

Some people will tell you they are "Orbs" with links to some mysterious other world and/or beings trying to communicate with us.

If you want to create millions of orbs in a photo, pick a cold night with a damp feel in the air and photo your garden. I did and the creatures from another world appeared in their millions.......

I've been doing photographs for years, from way back in totally black darkrooms and colour photo chemicals (smelly and warm) to today's digital. I have seen and reproduced soooooooo many effects, artifacts and mistakes that I must be the centre of attraction for UFO's and paranormal phenomena......and I doubt I am alone.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hi Fish, yes since I was very young, but I see the balls and ribbon type anomolies a lot.

Under water, thank you for your post. I know there will be many assuming these are fake and i'm lying, but there must be so many other people out their with similar experiences. I just want to share mine and read about other peoples.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
I bet you this thread will continue and the dust particle theory will be rejected or ignored because it isn't
"interesting enough", a common trend in a lot of ATS picture threads and even more common in the Aliens forum.

A dust particle floating in the air is possible. But I would expect the dust images to always look a little different from each other, sometimes a thin line, sometimes a ball. Take images outdoors without flash to rule that out. I still say if it's fake, it was done via photoshop, not in camera.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
LOL segador, I don't reject the dust particle theory, it may well just be coincdence, and I am open to accepting this, but I can't reject what myself and others have seen with our own eyes.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by manda2011

This is a reflection, likely from dust or water vapor, it happens in a lot of photos and is often misinterpreted as something paranormal when it really is quite simple.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

What you are seeing is the flash reflecting of particles, usually water vapour.

Hmmm, i didn't think of that. Have never had that situation before, and i've shot in many different environments. Guess that could be a possibility.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by manda2011
Hi Fish, yes since I was very young, but I see the balls and ribbon type anomolies a lot.

Under water, thank you for your post. I know there will be many assuming these are fake and i'm lying, but there must be so many other people out their with similar experiences. I just want to share mine and read about other peoples.

Just wanted to make it clear, i am not out right calling you a liar. I just wanted to state that if it was faked, that this is just my opinion of one way it could have been done. But I don't want to call you a liar since i'm not there with you to witness this in person, and i've seen strange things myself. (shadow people to be exact).

I would like to see a video of what you are seeing in person. How it moves and reacts to people. Take a video next time, and since there is no flash on video (and please don't use a video light) then there should be no issues with dust or water vapor reflecting off of a flash.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't usually comment in these threads and I don't know much about this sort of thing. If people who know more about cameras than me say its a flash reaction, then maybe it is...but something about the pictures and your description certainly gives off a creepy vibe to me at least, on first impact.

If your sister is acting weird, there may be other explanations besides paranormal stuff; you might want to think about it. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Its dust.

Take pictures of other people in similar conditions and you will wind up with the same thing.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
If you want to create millions of orbs in a photo, pick a cold night with a damp feel in the air and photo your garden. I did and the creatures from another world appeared in their millions.......

Exactly!
I've done this test last year in my backyard, throwing talc powder while taking a photo with the flash fired, and here's what I've got:

All you want to know about orbs can be seen here

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That looks like a orb. Good or evil don't know.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Cool, kind of what it looks like when your flash is on while it's snowing outside. Nice. I'm a little surprised i've never dealt with this on a job, but i'm betting it's because i never use on camera flash. I either shoot in natural light or use off camera lighting.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
To me i see a orb like in so many pics b4 you. Maybe they are attracted to your sister as that happens quite a bit. good post and i hope you find the answers you need.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I find it odd manda,that as a brand new member (I just welcomed you this morning on your introduction),you have managed to start a thread??

I was not allowed to start a thread until 200 posts, like the rules of this site state.

hmmm...and you have managed 200 posts in less than a day??

something fishy here??

(why do I get the feeling that perhaps some in control get quite a chuckle from starting stuff,and seeing reactions)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

gabby its only 20 posts to start a thread, its 200 for the chat

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420

gabby its only 20 posts to start a thread, its 200 for the chat

oops..my bad (blushes)

she's managed to make 20 already??

sorry..I knew that..just remember it being days before I posted....and confused the two

Thanks for setting me straight..and my apologies to manda (you're much quicker at posting than I was )
edit on 22-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
No worries, I posted a few one liners to get to the 20 posts. Thanks for all the replies everyone. I will look into the video technique and if I ever notice anything unusual I will post it online.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Under water thats ok I didn't think you were. Would love to hear your shaddow person experience!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
reply to post by elevenaugust

Cool, kind of what it looks like when your flash is on while it's snowing outside. Nice. I'm a little surprised i've never dealt with this on a job, but i'm betting it's because i never use on camera flash. I either shoot in natural light or use off camera lighting.

Good explanation, I was wondering why a pro photographer hadn't encountered orbs, the talc experiment by the poster above is the first time, in nearly 10 years of casual observance of the orb phenomena, that I've seen them replicated deliberately, thanks.

Well to me that's the closing bell on any paranormal phenomena being observed, the easy replication and the fact that the pro using a different flash and lighting rig never experiences them, up to this point I'd been firmly and comfortably on the fence regarding orbs and I'd bothered to create a separate album of my orb photo's, lol.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

That is what alot of people due here gabby it is research. Some call it trolling. Create something and create profiles of people.

I can go and read every one of your threads and create a profile from it. Then ask specific questions and gauge your response.

Due you recall the other thread about survival and you commented on my post. Sometimes people can be rude about it to draw a strong reaction.

My post and response was my opinion from my own experiences. Though you may not agree we can both agree to disagree.

Now this post is a total hoax and someone is trying to get us to believe their sister is possesed. Lets see if they come through with a video.

Question everything ... Believe absolutly nothing mainstream puts out as it is political fodder and mainly BS with about 3 percent truth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join