It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is going to take your guns and place you in a fema camp?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Here is a little from the palms survey you suggested we read or more a analysis of some of the answers,

"The U.S. government declares a ban on the possession, sale, transportation, and transfer of all non-sporting firearms. A thirty day amnesty period is permitted for these firearms to be turned over to the local authorities. At the end of this period, a number of citizens groups refuse to turn over their firearms.

Consider the following statement: `I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government'."

The question was then posed as to what degree the individual Marine agreed with the Statement.

According to the results given in Cunningham's thesis, a total of 88 percent, or 264 Marines, responded to the question.

Of the 264 who responded, 26.34 percent, or 79 Marines, indicated they would be willing to "fire upon U.S. citizens."

Of that total, 18.67 percent, or 56 Marines, indicated they "agree" with the statement, and 7.67 percent, or 23 Marines, indicated that they "strongly agree."

A total of 61.66 percent, or 185, indicated that they were opposed to firing at citizens.

Of the total, 42.33 percent, or 127, indicated they "strongly disagree" and 19.33 percent, or 58, indicated they "disagree."

More interesting information and statistics can be found here...www.ssrsi.org...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
they already rounded up and put 20,000+ african americans into the super dome during katrina. where they were given little access to food, water or medical help.

and on top of that, there were reports of massive gang rapes of women, numerous stabbings, theft and fights.

the place was covered in urine and feces, littered with garbage, and makeshift tents and shelters were scattered all over the place.

it was a mini SHTF scenario. so don't think it won't happen. it already has.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I also remember hearing about a cop that shot a family under an overpass. It still doesn't make sense, but then does that anything the US government do , make any sense? I see the way disasters up here are handled, and then I see the way the US handles disasters. It's completely different. I would be very afraid to be a US citizen.

I have to stop looking at logic, and sensibility. I have to look instead at how the US government is tearing apart the country, spending like they know there is no tomorrow, I even heard that part of the spending cuts were to be the tornado warnings, and now look what's happening...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I didn't realize this was a pissing contest... I would have drank more water. I only bring up the 29 Palms Survey because it shows that the OP's question has been posed before. I wasn't saying that the Marines questioned would fire on us, I only said that the results were interesting... and they are.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

This study is interesting, but raises more questions than it answers. I'd really like to know how many of the remaining 3/4 would be willing to do anything about the marines who were willing to violate posse comitatus, my guess is virtually none. A quarter of the marines is still a lot of marines. I also wonder how many veterans would side with the active servicemen and how many would be willing to take arms against them. Military loyalty is an onion with many intricate layers.

I'd also expect very different results from raids on predominantly black urban neighborhoods than against small town white "good ol boy" types.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

They didnt "round them up"...the worthless mayor nagin neglected the orders to force evacuation until it was too late,then they opened up an unprepared dome for eveyone of the project 8 housing dones that had no place to go and then refused to ask or FEMA help for 3 days after the strike..the upshot was the same of course,a bunch of low income,low self esteem drones with no food,water or supervision..that same thing will happen again in any super disaster....dont blame the Katrina debacle on FEMA...that one was the mayor and governor of La's fault(blanco)
edit on 5/24/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cointelprofessor

the military commission act of 2006 and 2009 took care of posse comitatus
so they would not be violating anything

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

even if it was not fema's fault, they took advantage of the situation and they were quick to "mess up" just about everything

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
reply to post by cointelprofessor

the military commission act of 2006 and 2009 took care of posse comitatus
so they would not be violating anything

Neither commission act took care of Posses Commitatus. All those acts did was support the Presidents ability to hold military tribunals, classify enemy combatents etc. They were a direct result of a Us Supreme Court decision (Hamdi V. Rumsfeld and Hamden V. Rumsfeld).

Posse Commitatus applies to active duty military personnel and prohibits them from taking a direct role in civilian law enforcement functions. Posse Commitatus does not apply to the state military units who ae under the control of the Govenor and adjutant General.

The onlytime state guard unitscan be federalized is to enforce a federal law (civil rights) or when a state / city is in a state of rebellion / insurrection. There is a very good example of this issue during Katrina, when the Govenor of Louisiana refused to place state military under federal command. The only option Bush had left was to declare New Orleans and Louisian in a State of rebeliion, which he decided against for obvious reasons.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

Were you there?..I was.45 miles to the East..and I say again,the crap heaped on FEMA and GWB wasnt fair...they did a wonderful job in my area....for several years....I just dont buy Katrina as a FEMA failure...now some other things...yeah...they aint saints....but dont blame New Orleans on them....the "citizens" of NO had a lot to do woith what happened to them

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

People dont understand what role FEMA plays in disasters. Nor do they understand the role the PResident played in that disaster. People are ignorant in terms of what FEMA is, how it works, its role in disasters, how its activated and under what terms they can deploy.

They also are ignorant in terms of how a massive disaster like Katrina works, who is responsible for primary response etc etc etc.

We are going on +5 years now for Katrina, and people are still too lazy to learn how it works, so trying to explain it in forums is going to be a waste of time. They want to blame Bush / FEMA because it plays into their conspiracy theories...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Agree....My governor requested FEMA response and they came thru AT ONCE...sugar ray nagin and blanco screwed around and FEMA was delayed(BTW,Katrina didnt hit New Orleans...it hit Hancock County Mississippi....NO got a storm surge that blew out its levees...we got the eye of the bit*h)less than 24 hrs after the winds died,planes of supplies were landing at Stennis Field near Kiln Ms,just off I-10,and we were getting ice,water and MRE's...not fantastic but hungry people were getting fed....it took 2 more days before sugar ray and blanco decided La needed help....Im tired of hearing GWB left new orleans to dry because they were mostly blacks....Thats BS....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join