It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom is brainwashed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Just like people dislike when others try to push different religons on them... it's the same when you try to push your views on others...
You can tell people whatever you're views are, but if they don't believe you or agree with you're views, leave it at that. People have their own brains, ideas, lifepaths and freewill. Nothing is more annoying then someone who constantly trys to push their beliefs on someone else. I know you mean well but maybe you should leave your mom alone for now.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wait, doesnt this site have a age limit??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
OP, you are 13? Man, go out and do something fun, go enjoy life... Don't come back until you are 18 or older.

AboveTopSecret and all conspiracy websites are the worst brainwashing things in the world. They cause you to brainwash your self....

Sure you may find truths in here, but 90% of the time you will find twisted facts and far out theories that only have the illusion of truth but are not the truth, and it can easily lead you on the wrong path. A LOT of things appear true at first, but you will find out the hard way that nothing is as it seems.

Conspiracy websites will bring out the bitter side of you, and make you see only the darkness of the world.... and it can bring a lot of anger and hate towards others, and cause paranoia, and other unwanted thoughts, including depression ... You really don't need that at your age...trust me.

There might even be a time where you will learn something you wish you never learned, and you will actually need someone like your mom to support you. You may even wish you never even read a conspiracy website to begin with.... In the future, you will probably find comfort with your mom's logic and wisdom no matter how brainwashed you think she is right now.

What you think you believe now may not be what you believe 5 years from now.... You might even end up saying, "Mom, you were right all along".
edit on 24-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm 16 and my mom is the same as well. She comes up with absurd arguments with me on every aspect of 9/11 and Christianity. I argue with her mainly for an entertainment purpose on my own behalf, if she wants to believe everything thats spoonfed to her then so be it. Unless a day comes where we're being thrown into FEMA camps she will never side with my opinion on what's going on around here. I have only come up with my opinions by doing months of research.. ATS is good because of the numerous sources people provide on the same type of topic. The way I look at life's events takes a bit of critical thinking. Anything that happens, unless I physically saw it with my own eyes, can't be 100% true. You are only able to be told about past events, or watch them in video format, or picture format. There is also documentation, but unless reading the actual documents in the vault, how do you know if they've been tampered with or not? Be very skeptical on your sources, and never take anything and directly fix your opinion immediately. You can only come up with an opinion on what really happened on 9/11.. I know I was in 2nd grade when my parents picked me up from school. I had the slightest clue what was going on , even though my older brother tried explaining it. I remember watching the TV and seeing smoke, and seeing my parents really stressed out.. So i assume you don't even remember what was going on during 9/11. Don't push all the conspiracy sh!t on your mother, let her realize herself.. which is exactly what I did. I still can't believe anything 100%, but I can say i've come up with a rather solid opinion on what happened on 9/11, and how i feel about aliens. I'm nearly 17 and consider myself young, but trust me enjoy your younger life as much as possible, the pressure will soon come on.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think you, like many other people here on ATS, are what the bible refers to as "Watchmen". I'am not one to quote the bible. Nor do i read the bible as some do on a daily or even yearly basis, but when something hits me like this.. i read. This may or may not help you, i have no idea. Here we go.

ISAIAH 56:09
The Lord has told the foreign nations to come like wild animals and devour his people. He says, "ALL the leaders, who are supposed to warn my people, are blind! They know nothing. They are like watchdogs that don't bark-they only lie around and dream. How they love to sleep! They are like greedy dogs that never get enough. These leaders have no understanding. They each do as they please and seek their own advantage. 'Let's get some wine,' these drunkards sat, 'and drink all we can hold! Tomorrow will be even better than today!

EZEKIELL 33
The Lord spoke to me. "Mortal man," he said, "tell your people what happens when I bring war to land. The people of that country choose one of their number to be a lookout. When he sees the enemy approaching, he sounds the alarm to warn everyone. If someone hears it but pays no attention and the enemy comes and kills him, then he is to blame for his own death. His death is his own fault, because he paid no attention, he could have escaped. If however the lookout sees the enemy coming and does not sound the alarm, the enemy will come and kill those sinners, but I will hold the lookout responsible for their death.

Once again. I'am not too crazy about the whole religion thing in the first place but this did hit home for myself, and i am a watchmen of God.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My mom's totally awake and I thought she was a sheeple. I'm 14 by the way. Telling her to drop the bible and read conspiracy will get you a trip to the mental ward; and baptized.
Introduce her slowly to the concept, if she doesn't sprinkle you with holy water. You are doing dang good, cheers.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Everyone always thinks everyone's brainwashed except for them, it's kind of funny
Who's really brainwashed? We may never know.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Anyone else puzzled by the 13, 14 and 16 year old here? I mean...they are....13, 14 and 16 years old...only...yet...still...you guys got a long way to go to comment on stuff youve yet to exoerience or understand...yet...still...in a while...yet.

PS And do we ATS regulars here realize that sometimes we are arguing issues here with 13 year olds...and perhaps dont even know it? Isnt there an age linit here?
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: surprise

PPS No disrespect to you kids.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hi there,

Many of the posters, are right on this thread.. You cannot get upset with someone because they do not share the same views as you do. That being said, I know how frustrating it can be when you are trying to have a conversation with someone like your mom, and it usually ends up in an argument.

When that happens, you just need to breathe, and agree to disagree. If it continues to be an uncomfortable situation, or when she brings up the topic... just calmly say that you'd rather avoid talking about it.

Eventually, the person will get the message that nobody wants to talk to them about the topic, and maybe...just maybe, they will learn that they need to be more accommodating and open minded.

Good luck, and don't worry- you still have a lot to learn, maybe not "info" wise... But how to tolerate the mass majority of "brainwashed" people on this planet.

Everyone learns at a different pace- Give them their time to adjust to, and digest new information.

x

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

PS And do we ATS regulars here realize that sometimes we are arguing issues here with 13 year olds...and perhaps dont even know it? Isnt there an age linit here?

There are many things one can learn from a kid or a teenager. Especially in the age we are living in.
Do you forget how quickly kids grow up these days?

Personally, I would rather my kid be participating on ATS, (if I had a kid) rather than roaming the streets bored and getting into trouble.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Op your not alone,my mum is also a sheep, she watches one channel for the news a reads a local news paper, thats it, no research on the internet,no books, or different opinions.

This is the new generation that wont take things lying down,

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Anyone else puzzled by the 13, 14 and 16 year old here? I mean...they are....13, 14 and 16 years old...only...yet...still...you guys got a long way to go to comment on stuff youve yet to exoerience or understand...yet...still...in a while...yet.

Too bad both the 16 and 14 year old were way more well-spoken than you. I don't know half.. of ..what ..you just ..half of.. said

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Its always an interesting thing, when belief in things that require imagination are met with concepts that include an element of death and destruction. The "doomsday" belief is kind of like an ultimate expression of our imagination, as well as its counterpart "ascention" or "rapture". In simple terms, it is an extention about the question about the afterlife, heaven and hell.

In terms of getting your mom to wake up to these things, most people are caught in the dellusion, they are involved in the game even when people like you and I know that it is all a product of computers, it is their imagination that makes it "real" as they can tie various aspects of thier life experiences into the computer model, even if it was not relevant, they make it releavant by making up thier own "story". You will find that most people are on thier own little "trip" and its very difficult for the average person to share thier imagination with others.

In terms of what is going on, there is definitley something that is going to happen, and some attempt to either resist or enhance its effects.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry but she is not the only one. And she is not a sheep and it's also not brainwashed. Just accept it, many people aren't that open-minded about this, and don't even try to believe anything else or even doubt it. She has the rights to believe anything. truthful or not.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
JUST CONTINUE TO TRASH HER!

I do the same with my parents. I trash them with evidence. I throw it in their face and I won't stop until they wake up. The relationship has gone terrible but I do not care, because I know what is coming. I will not tolerate their gullible ignorance, their silly counter arguments that have no intellectual basis. I will continue to trash them until the very end, no mercy, never.

Truth will prevail.

I think this will have the opposite effect if you are intending to open their eyes,and minds.

Constantly trashing someone is most likely just going to produce serious resentment against you...and a very closed mind to anything you have to say.

Sounds like you have some serious anger issues against your parents (perhaps for some other reasons) , and I can understand if you're pissed that your loved ones can't see what you see ,and you want to warn them.

Please..if you are trying to make them see the truth,gentle persuasion will work better ,along with intelligent questions that make them think for awhile.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
reply to post by mysterioustranger

There are many things one can learn from a kid or a teenager. Especially in the age we are living in.
Do you forget how quickly kids grow up these days?

Personally, I would rather my kid be participating on ATS, (if I had a kid) rather than roaming the streets bored and getting into trouble.

I so agree with you on what you said....and commend you for posting it.

Going "outside" to play can lead to a whole mess of trouble these days, wether the kid (or his friends) ,were looking for it or not. Its a different world then what we grew up in.

I would much rather have my kid,on the net reading this stuff,and learning how to sort out what he wants to believe,and why he chooses to,.then spending countless hours on facebook, or watching silly sexed up music videos.

There is some great research on this site,and if you learn how to sift through and seperate what you want to keep,and what you don't find trustworthy, its great practice for dealing with what is considered knowledge and truth, in the real world.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Quite true....but in these cases lets hope that there is indeed another person in their life who can be that rock.
This situation seems to be a simple case of generational differences, which you should accept when it pertains to someone you love dearly.

Awareness is a journey for ones self to take.....It cannot be forced.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
reply to post by gabby2011

Quite true....but in these cases lets hope that there is indeed another person in their life who can be that rock.
This situation seems to be a simple case of generational differences, which you should accept when it pertains to someone you love dearly.

Awareness is a journey for ones self to take.....It cannot be forced.

I agree with you totally...everyone needs the freedom to find their truth...but it does not mean you can't love those who may disagree with you.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

she is not brainwashed she's just an idiot if she wants to be like that let her....i used to be like her until i started researching

Knowledge is power if you have knowledge you have nothing to worry about dont let anyone tell you other wise
oh sure the morons and douchebags can mock the geeks for being smart
but
let the idiots party until 4am their lives will most likely turn into hell when they're 35...

dont take this the wrong way im not trying to insult your mother im telling you what she is
edit on 26-5-2011 by CrazyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Hey, man, I know you said you were leaving the thread, but maybe you'll read some more.

I understand you got treated pretty rough in this thread, but some of it is good to hear. The most important is about conspiracy theories and zealotry. Everyone can be an evangelist, a fundamentalist and a zealot if you go around preaching and seeing your path as the true one.

Another thing to remember is that you're at the age when you're going to start getting a lot of new ideas. There's a movie called "El Topo" that starts with the narration, “The mole digs tunnels under the earth, looking for the sun. Sometimes, he gets to the surface. When he sees the sun, he is blinded.” When you find a new idea, don't believe it just because it's new. Then you're just the same person you were and the same person you would criticize. And I know that quote implies that the sun is the truth, but I still thought it was fitting.

If I were you, I'd shape your worldview with books that aren't trying to push an agenda on you. Every book has a point of view, so I don't know exactly what to recommend for you personally. But, I'd try "Breakfast of Champions" by Kurt Vonnegut as a starting place. Not everyone likes Vonnegut, but I think he has a solid worldview and a lot of interesting ideas. If you want some philosophy try the book the "Tao Te Ching." No gods, no rules, just ideas.

Finally, people don't think young people are dumb as a rule. They just know that the teen years are a time that are a lot of fun, but it's also a time when you're figuring things out. I don't think anybody doesn't have things that they look back at and cringe. Oh, I can't believe I thought that. I can't believe I did that. The embarrassment and sometimes pain can vary in degrees. I think most posters don't want you to look back and think, "I can't believe I yelled at my mom over conspiracy theories."

Hindsight can be painful and nobody can give it to you. So, I guess you have to do what you do. Just think about things outside of yourself the outside of the new ideas you're finding and remember that there's billions of ideas and theories out there. Are you sure that you've found the right ones so soon?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join