It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom is brainwashed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I feel really weird listening to a child complain about their mother.
I'm just gonna get out of here and deal with real problems, for instance, I hope
my credit is good enough for the new place I am trying to rent.

Wish me luck big day tomorrow.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

People that assume everyone who doesn't believe what they do are brain washed and dumb may as well be looking into a mirror when they tell a person that they are such.

too many people here believe they are informed because they question everything. But let me tell you, just because you question doesn't mean you ask the right questions. Just because you draw conclusions doesn't mean you drew the right one. just because you assume an enemy doesn't mean they are actually an enemy.

Remember this. Just because you stand amongst a group of people here who spend their time assuming nothing is true does not make you special, it just perhaps leaves you on another side when both sides could be as equally wrong.

Don't be so critical of your mother either. There is sometimes something to be said for experience that we don't understand until we've been there. I'm sure plenty of people here have blamed their parents for at least one thing, and found out it was they who were wrong..

Just some advice. Most of the people on this site are just as gullible as the people not on this site.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

13 is a young age.. I would suggest that the experience you gain in your teenage years must be a logarithmic function..

Just live. You will find out the world is not so simple.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In
reply to post by Silend

You don't. Stop paddling upstream. Let her stay in her illusion. Create your own without worry for hers.

Sadly, Iv'e learnt that this Is the best, maybe only way..
I spent 3 year's trying to inform people (Wake them up) to people at work and family, and all you get is comment's such as "You smoke too much Dope" or "Stay off the Internet".
Iv'e now learnt to just leave them be, why waste my voyage In making myself upset and frustrated, because a the end of the day that's all that happens when people are that asleep.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thank you for the reply.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chevy369

Sorry too everyone who tought she believes the movie, no she doesn't but, she when she sees how the world is ending, but she is like this ''people will be asking the mountains to fall on them'', she makes those Bible comments, not that i mind, i read the Bible, i believe in God and Jesus but sometimes she goes a little bit to far.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..

Originally posted by Silend
I think you will be schocked, i don't like lieing about my age, i am still 13, but please, don't say like, go play with your friends, i have alot of friends, but i am different than the other kids, they are all so ''temporarily''
don't now how to put this, but i know alot of stuff for my age, alot.

You age is working against you. It sucks but adults think the know more than teens even when it is they who have been blinded by decades of lies and deception by the establishment.

You can't save the world.

I have to admit,it was my son who sort of pointed out some stuff for me to look at...he's not 13 ..but was in his early twenties at the time. He did it with gentle suggestion,and I am grateful to him for it.

Considering the rocky years we went through when he was a teen,I find it incredible how close we are now.
I love him more than words can express..and have to admit, that his love for me ..is what keeps me going on days that this world gets me down.

I have learned from both my children,and hopefully will continue to do so. I've made my mistakes in life ,before I had children,and after I had them. Their capacity to forgive,and see beyond my faults is something I treasure dearly.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

When I told my mom that money is an illusion, she asked me not to say this in front of the peers. They would call me nut.

I never opened my mouth again.
So you are on the spot.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I feel really weird listening to a child complain about their mother.
I'm just gonna get out of here and deal with real problems, for instance, I hope
my credit is good enough for the new place I am trying to rent.

Wish me luck big day tomorrow.

lol, No.

You should feel even weirder making asinine comments like that.

How pathetic.
Like your problems are any more "real" than anyone else's.

They are not.
Get over yourself.

"Credit".

edit on 22-5-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

you can barely explain yourself. how should you expect to explain anything to someone else?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Mate sometimes I feel the same way when I try to talk to my Mum, she has her way (also christian btw) and she is not open to questioning anything. To me it is annoying because religon should not be an excuse for ignorance. But I also understand ignorance is bliss. At the end of the day it is my selfishness that I want my mum to see the world like I do - She has her way and that works for her, so I should be happy. It is simply because all my life I looked to her for the answers, and now her answers seem so um.. out there!
IMO who are we to judge it- was their way that got us this far, maybe it is natural to for the 'new model' to see flaws in the 'older technology'. But they must have done well during their time

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Don't let these other posters make you feel bad.

You are only 13, and already you are not eating up the crap that we are fed on a daily basis.

This is a good thing. Don't ever stop questioning everything.

As for trying to convince your Mother of anything, believe me, such things are impossible.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I know what you mean man. I've opened my mom up a little. But in the end she will believe that people hate Obama because he is black. The Japanese was punished by God with Fukushima as vengeance for what they did to the Chinese centuries ago, and that as long as she has food stamps when the dollar crashes everything will be fine.

I'm trying to break the illusion myself and make her see. She knows I'm smart and that I know things. However, she thinks its all radical non sense because she been alive for decades (its normalcy bias). Don't tell her that, you'd probably get smacked like I did lol.

But don't give up bro, that's your mother, get GOOD grades in school and show her how smart you are, get some real research done, and go back with a stronger argument. In the end she may just go back into her illusion because doesn't know how to cope, but at least she has understanding.. Read the Bible and use little quotes to have her hear you out on a more serious level.

As someone else said, she may already know and just puts faith in the Bible for comfort. But if your mom is like my mom then she probably has a reason for everything due to her "lifetime experience."

Hey, but listen to some of the other on the thread man... I'd give a lot to be 13 again or at least FEEL 13... those were good times. I didn't wake up until 16, and it seems like since I woke up, time has glided at an amazing rate. I'm 20 now, savor your youth man. You have plenty of time to wake up your mom and friends. Oh yea, don't believe everything you read man. Go look for factual basis first then sever truth from lies.. We all don't have complete understanding here on the forum. Some of them are agents targeting the weak minded. So watch yourself man. Knowledge is power, don't let them cripple your power. Stay in school please, and never outshine your master, meaning your mom in this case.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Mizzijr because: Corrections of course.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

The 2012 scenario is a Mayan belief so please remind your to not ransack it as a Christian/Catholic one. She's pretty much lived her life and I'm assuming that she has lived it pretty well seeing that she has a child, a house, a job possibly, a husband and the internet. Let her live her safe haven life. I'm pretty sure she deserves it. You've only just started your own life so don't waste it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think not even the CIA with over 50 years of brainwashing experience can de-brainwash someone out of a deep religious conscience.

You can't force people to change, change has to come from within.

I can know, my grandma is catholic and thinks government is just below god.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I have a son close to your age. Like you are, he is extremely mature for his age. Even so, I slowly make him aware of things, a little bit at a time. Why? because a lot of this is to much for even adults to take in large doses.

My concern with your age is that it makes it difficult for you to tell when people are pulling your leg, being sarcastic, are mentally unstable, or feeding you bad information.

On ATS you have weed out a lot of the posts to get to the good, factual and enlightening stuff.

Remember the saying, "you can prove anything with enough 'facts'."

Discernment is somethign that comes from age and experience.

Even at my age, I am still trying to learn not to fight with my folks about it. I am slowly learning the art of inserting comments with the right words at the right times, that make them think without making them think I'm nuts.
I hope you can learn this technique quicker than I did, because it will save you a lot of the frustration that led to this post.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sorry OP if this sounds strange, but where are you from?

As far as the mommy thing. Good luck with that! One thing I have learned in all my years is that thier minds are made up and that is all there is to it. You just have to accept, honor and love them for bringing you into this world and leave it at that.

Good luck!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Do you fancy swapping her for mine?
My mother believes everything supposed spiritualists tell her, thinks she's had her guts ripped open by shouty abusive little grey aliens, seen them in their UFO's (you know, the old skool ones with the perspex domes) and claims God appeared to her with his eyes ripped out screaming in her face.

I love my mum..But she don't half go on about some tripe sometimes.

It's not that I can't or wont have the odd conspiracytypethingymajiggy convo with her but it's sooo hard. I mean most the abduction stories you hear are pretty uniform right? The way my mother goes on about her's, them pesky little grey bugger's would make pinhead look like a lavender smelling fop.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

There's nothing to do. My Dad and his wife are true believers in Glenn Beck and TBN. I think at last I convinced him that the masons are demonic, but I can never make any headway regarding zionism. If people are resistant to material from the horse's mouth, you have to say "Go, fly, be free!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join