It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom is brainwashed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is the reason I try and avoid any media program, I also limit my television intake; stick to books, music and art.

They are trying to dumb down our society, the less people who know what is going on, the less who are aware, the more they can destroy our beautiful world and control everything we do.

It is a hard thing to try and wake up the people, we just have to keep it up, keep fighting the good fight, it is indeed annoying but if the end, the results will be worth all the blood and tears.

PEACE

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hey kid .. love you mother ...dont stay too much on net on this age ..go out ..enjoy the life feel the air and the sun

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You're 13, enjoy being that age and start to live a lot outside of the web.

You're of a completely different generation to your mum. So what if you think she's brainwashed, she has her own idea's about things as do you. I'm quite sure that some of your friends and family think this website is brainwashing you. Until your an adult and hell even as an adult what you believe to be of utmost importance today could be total codswallop to you tomorrow, it sure as hell has been for me and I'm 40 and I'm sure it'll continue until I die.

As others have said leave your mother to her own beliefs, only she can find her own enlightenment as will you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

"tonight my mom was watching the movie '2012' and she is taking the movie way to serious"

It's 'too' not 'to'. Sorry but it bugs me.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Planting the seed can be done this way as well not for your mom only but to whom ever you want to wake up. Never behave like a "conspiracy nut", behave as if you were part of the herd and ask questions about the subject ,pretending you believe the official story, one example would be "why do they keep using explosives to demolish buildings if we all know that regular office fires can demolish a building just as well or better? Just look at building number 7 on 9/11"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's hard to explain something to a parent. Especially if it is about science and religion. The way they were raised will also make things difficult and if they aren't open minded it will make everything a bit more challenging. My mother is sorta like that as well. While my dad is more open minded about stuff. Just don't bother I guess explaining stuff...it will get rather annoying trying to always make someone understand if they just won't change their views.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Your mom is in of need help if she believes in that movie.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm gonna give you some advice because I pretty much see myself at thirteen in your posts, and I'm gonna try to save you some trouble.

Your mom's not dumb. Your mom probably sees a lot of the same things you do, but she doesn't know how to deal with it any other way than reading the bible, or watching TV, and otherwise burying the sense of "oh frig" as deeply as she can. (This is true for a large majority of "sheeple"...) She's a mother, which means by default her life isn't easy even in ideal socioeconomic times, and the times clearly ain't ideal. She doesn't really need you making her more uncomfortable about things. So please give the lady a break.

Another thing that's a hard to learn lesson is that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink. The meaning of that is this: you cannot make anyone do something they don't want to do. With "waking up" particularly, they have to be there on their own without your assistance, waiting for whatever triggers it. That isn't to say you shouldn't talk about what you believe and what you see. Talking is fine. What I mean is don't preach, and don't treat people badly because they don't see it yet.

Take EVERYTHING you read on the internet with a whole pound of salt, not just a grain. You have to weed through a whole haystack of lies and bs to find that one needle of truth in amongst it, don't forget that.

And most of all, do go play with your friends. Don't waste your teenage years on the internet. If I could do thirteen over again, I'd chuck my computer in the closet and have my mom cancel the internet subscription. There's so much you miss that you really, really need as a human being when you waste your life in front of a computer. There will be more than enough time for that when you're chained to an office desk all day as an adult, anyway. So go out with your friends now while you still can, kiss girls, skateboard, eat icecream, and whatever else you kids do these days, and have fun in the real world instead of letting yourself rot in front of a computer screen.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

I know exactly what you are talking about. Its odd really. My mom sounds much like yours and she has passed on now. Don't be too judgemental of her. People need to believe in something Her religion keeps her safe from the troubles of the world. Age doesn't have anything to do with any of this. My grown children act much the same way. When I try to discuss anything they sort of roll their eyes or laugh. The truth or insanity much of us share is not for everyone so I am careful about what I say or who I say it to. Everyone tells you right about not believing everything thing you see or read even here for many people will lead you astray. Above all else don't allow this to get you discouraged or get the feeling of hopelessness. It really isn't as dark as it sometimes seems. I have been a conspiracy nut as some call us for over 50 years. I have found that it really helps to understand what its all about it and keeps me ahead of the game.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Did she ..... ? i am really sorry, i am still very glad with my mom though, i love here and i couln't live without here, but sometimes i think shes really annoying, maybe it's just puberty

Parents are supposed to be annoying, just like kids are supposed to be to parents.

She's normal as you and I. Anyone who claims someone else is a sheep or saying to wait it out and eventually she'll come to your way of thinking....sorry but continuously talking to people about that kind of thing is brainwashing in itself to your way of thinking.

Leave her be.

You're close minded for calling her insulting names for not "waking up" to stuff you read and she's close minded for telling you to reach for a Bible all the time.

Most of all, you're 13, enjoy your childhood and don't worry about conspiracies or anything until you're mature enough to embrace them without worrying.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Your mom sounds like she was enjoying a movie and making comments about it.

Your mom sounds normal. You bringing up 9/11 conspiracies, UFO's and aliens make me think you are the troubled one in the household. The public school system is a great brainwashing tool, and she is far past that stage. You might want to think for yourself then realize who is more prone to the brainwashing.

Hint: It's not your mom.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 second edit rule

...and you would be the expert on truth and what is brainwashing ??

pfffft

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Silend

I know exactly what you are talking about. Its odd really. My mom sounds much like yours and she has passed on now. Don't be too judgemental of her. People need to believe in something Her religion keeps her safe from the troubles of the world. Age doesn't have anything to do with any of this. My grown children act much the same way. When I try to discuss anything they sort of roll their eyes or laugh. The truth or insanity much of us share is not for everyone so I am careful about what I say or who I say it to. Everyone tells you right about not believing everything thing you see or read even here for many people will lead you astray. Above all else don't allow this to get you discouraged or get the feeling of hopelessness. It really isn't as dark as it sometimes seems. I have been a conspiracy nut as some call us for over 50 years. I have found that it really helps to understand what its all about it and keeps me ahead of the game.

What a beautiful ,well thought out response ,full of wisdom.

Hope the Op really takes to heart what you have tried to convey in your post.

I know I will.

edit on 22-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hey man, first off, you're really young to be worrying so much about the world, but i understand what it's like, i too can't handle it when everyone seems so brainwashed.

In regards to your mother's comment's on 2012, just let her know that the bible says that the world will end when God decides it's going to end. Not before, he has the final say. It also say's that no one will know the hour, and it will come as in a thief in the night.

But i'm sure your mum probably knows this.

In regards to conspiracies in general, you can easily be brainwashed by the conspiracy theorists, so be careful that you always keep an open mind on both sides!

Anyway you sound like a good kid!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dezire2011
reply to post by Silend

"tonight my mom was watching the movie '2012' and she is taking the movie way to serious"

It's 'too' not 'to'. Sorry but it bugs me.

Get a effing GRIP man!

Seriously, Mr. "Professor"...
No one cares if it "bugs you".

Add something of substance or go away.
You "bug" me. "Sorry"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
I think you will be schocked, i don't like lieing about my age, i am still 13, but please, don't say like, go play with your friends, i have alot of friends, but i am different than the other kids, they are all so ''temporarily''
don't now how to put this, but i know alot of stuff for my age, alot.

You age is working against you. It sucks but adults think the know more than teens even when it is they who have been blinded by decades of lies and deception by the establishment.

You can't save the world.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Try having an open dialogue with your mother. She has her own beliefs about the nature of the world and it's your responsibility to try to understand where she is coming from.

You do sound like an intelligent young mind. Listen first.....then make your own decisions.

You will only have one mother......try to understand her and be free to be who you are. You are not bound by the beliefs of your parents. You have your own mind and your own way of understanding.

Just give your parents a break. They come from a different point of view than you understand.

Let me tell ya...almost all of us were embarrassed by our parents as tweens. That changes when you grow.

Best Regards.
edit on 22-5-2011 by brilab45 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join