It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mom is brainwashed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hello everyone, i need your help.

I am sick of this, my mom is such an brainwashed sheep. she believes almost everything what the government says.

tonight my mom was watching the movie '2012' and she is taking the movie way to serious!
Unbelievable, i don't now how to say this but its so freaking annoying!

Shes a baptized christian, i am a Christian to, but shes so.. ahh!! stop it!
Shes like, when we were watching the movie 2012, she makes those stupid comments like, ''the world will not know what to do that day!, Mhuahaha!'' well i am not the best really not the best in explaining stuff

When i am trying to explain her about 9/11, project blue beam, Ufo's, aliens, shes like get of that pc and read your Bible more!

You guys may seem this as a joke, and i now its kinda funny, but how can i explain it her the right way?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

You don't. Stop paddling upstream. Let her stay in her illusion. Create your own without worry for hers.

+11 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
1, How old are you?
2, Why do you need her to believe. is it self validating.
3, She is a person of her generation
4, The normalcy Bias is a Biatch
5, If she is happy, then leave her be.

Some people are just designed that way. And it isn't necessary for he to believe the things you do. Just as you don't believe the things she does.

So let her get one with it. and continue your own journey. That's what part of growing up is about (nb)

(nb I answered question one myself, as it just seems to fit the type of question(and use of language(far too many "likes")))

edit on 22/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

What evidence do you have for aliens, 911 and project blue beam? My guess is you just have a whole bunch of anecdotes, stories and research you've found on the internet. The support for these ideas are pseudoscientific at best. Now there ALSO is no good evidence for Christianity but that's another topic altogether.

Point is don't be so arrogant as to call her a sheep just because she doesn't accept the same things you do because you could easily be wrong about these things.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Your mom sounds like she was enjoying a movie and making comments about it.

Your mom sounds normal. You bringing up 9/11 conspiracies, UFO's and aliens make me think you are the troubled one in the household. The public school system is a great brainwashing tool, and she is far past that stage. You might want to think for yourself then realize who is more prone to the brainwashing.

Hint: It's not your mom.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 second edit rule

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You can't. Telling her to drop her bible and instead read ATS would cause her to reach for her bible even more and get you one too! Reading the bible does not prevent someone from seeing the truth about government, the two are completely different animals in my opinion. It is possible to believe in God and not trust the government.

Further, what does her belief in 2012 the movie have anything to do with the government?

You can not forcibly show someone the truth. Continue to counter her arguments in a non- confrontational manner and provide articles to back up your point of view whenever possible. The more intelligent and knowledgeable you are, the more open she will be to seeing your point of view.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think you will be schocked, i don't like lieing about my age, i am still 13, but please, don't say like, go play with your friends, i have alot of friends, but i am different than the other kids, they are all so ''temporarily''
don't now how to put this, but i know alot of stuff for my age, alot.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Also be careful. A lot of this material on this subject is very powerful psychologically,. It too can be brainwashing. Always validate everything (lesson for myself too) you read, as just because it is anti establishment does not make it true.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just let her see facts for herself instead of telling her what you think you know. If she doesn't want to talk about it don't pull and alex jones and shout at her, just wait for another time.

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

My Mom is brainwashed

Be glad you still have a mom. My mom was raptured. :'(

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Did she ..... ? i am really sorry, i am still very glad with my mom though, i love here and i couln't live without here, but sometimes i think shes really annoying, maybe it's just puberty

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wait it out.

My parents are brainwashed, and I've had to listen to their idiocies for years before finally being proved right too many times for them to stay stuck in la-la land.

It took years trying to get my parents to learn. In your case, you just don't have that much time.

So wait it out.

2013 will come around and she's just going to feel a bit foolish if she's still stuck on the culture-fad.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
I think you will be schocked, i don't like lieing about my age, i am still 13, but please, don't say like, go play with your friends, i have alot of friends, but i am different than the other kids, they are all so ''temporarily''

This (like) explains everything. You are (like) 13 years old. You may know a lot, but you sure don't know how to (like) spell it. Public schools are (like) the number one brainwashers in this country, they are better at this than actually teaching. Just look at your sentence structure. Ugh, (like) what a mess. Sentences (like) are not suppose to run on forever, commas are not your friends.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

OK, No I am not going to say go play with your friends. However work / life balance is very important. I'm 33 and my work life balance sucks. BUT social interaction with your peers IS vitally important to your own development mentally and spiritually.

I was never one to fit in either, but I remained focused on my life mantra. This above all to thine own self be true.

And I don't mind saying that for the last few years I have ignored this for various reasons, However I can never escape it.

OK so what am I saying.
1, For the love of the gods, enjoy this time. it sucks now, but it DOES get better. Trust me. (you'll know when you hit 16-17)
2, Start reading some classic literature, (Charles Dickens, Edgar Allan Poe, Tolstoy etc) Reason. It give perspective on life challenges and where we came from as a society.
3, look up Bax Luhrman, Suncreen on youtube. Listen to it. it is the most trith I have ever head compacted into 3 minutes ever in my life.
4, Treat the likes of this, as your work. Do you own research, don't take anything on face value. cross confirm everything.
5, If it works, use it.
6, Parents can be a pain. they will continue to be, and one day you will be to your kids! that is the cycle of life.

and above all. Take it easy.
Yeah, that's about it for me.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Sentences (like) are not suppose to run on forever, commas are not your friends.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

I think you should take your mum to the next 2012: The Next Chapter when it comes out and ask her if she's related to any of them.......

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

In all honesty, you and your mom are different sides of the same coin.
You critisize your mom for being a brainwashed sheep, yet from what you said you believe 15 year old theories that have no basis in fact (Blue Beam). Doesn't that just make you a different kind of sheep?

Let your mom be the person she wants to be. You be the person you want to be.
edit on 22-5-2011 by SatoriTheory because: typosaurus

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Silend

This (like) explains everything. You are (like) 13 years old. You may know a lot, but you sure don't know how to (like) spell it. Public schools are (like) the number one brainwashers in this country, they are better at this than actually teaching. Just look at your sentence structure. Ugh, (like) what a mess. Sentences (like) are not suppose to run on forever, commas are not your friends.

Lol!
As if you're any better, with this sorry post?

Please.

Silend,
You don't need to make her believe anything.
I am 30 now and my parents are JUST starting to come around to the illusions and BS of this world.
Everyone will know what they personally need to know, precisely when they need to know it. (if they do).
Everyone will wake up and remove the chains called "society" from their minds when they are ready.
Or they won't. But it doesn't matter.
Just share what you feel you need to share with who you feel you need to share it with.
Plant the seeds, if they grow, Great!,
if not.. You still planted them.
and not all seeds grow when planted.
But you did your part.

Just be aware of all the BS, but don't focus on it too much.
That can destroy you just as living a life of illusions can.

Come to know that everything,.. and I mean everything..
all the beauty, all the ugliness, all the suffering and poverty and wars, all the kindness and love,
all of it is happening just as it should, for very good reasons, regardless of whether we understand them or not.
. It can be no different.
It will be different , surely...
but not until its supposed to be.

Be well, Have fun, enjoy this brief time here on earth as the person you are,
and Give your mom a hug! lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Take it from me, bless every moment of every day your spend with your family, the good times and the bad. And for god sake enjoy being 13, stop taking the world so seriously forget about conspiracies and just enjoy life.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was visiting my mum a while ago (she lives on the other side of the world) and she mentioned that she thinks that "the media tells us way too much about what's going on all the time".

I had a long chat with her about other stories behind the financial crash of 2008 other than what was reported in the media just to give her an example. She's seen the light now

The best part of the whole conversation, is that we were visiting a CHURCH at the time ! We were waiting for some family members who decided it was a good idea to climb the clock tower stairs.
edit on 22-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join