It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only the Beginning - The REAL Reason behind May 21st, 2011 and the Rapture Prophecy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A very interesting perspective! The boy who cried wolf syndrome. I have another hypothesis that I'd like to present: a couple of years back, I was doing research into the Mayan and Hopi prophecies of 'the time of the 5th sun' and as is typical when doing internet research, I read many wild and wacky 'channellings' and found myself wondering down many diverse paths. One thing that stood out and stuck in my memory was how the New World Order would stage the '2nd Coming'. I've learned to sit up and pay attention to information that comes out of nowhere and sticks. One of my favourite sayings is: 'Your soul recognises the truth'.

Consequently, when religious crackpots spout such fantastic news, my radar goes up. We all know that the masses are ruled through fear, imagine for a moment the mayhem that would ensue should Jesus return: the wars between all the religions who believe that theirs is the only right path; the unification of all the cristian religions and their subsequent control, to name just the obvious. I watched a video a few weeks back of recent ufo sightings, and last year, a bright light was recorded over Jerusalem, shooting down from the sky, lighting upon some holy-of-holies,then it shoots back up into the sky and disappears. That in conjunction with this religious bigot, makes me slightly queasy..what if.....?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It always surprises me that the average American is more likely to believe Rapture Prophecy as a reason for natural disasters and global catastrophes than the reason given to them by practically every scientist in the last decade. Global Climate Change. I guess Jesus coming back is more convenient for our lifestyles. No reason to change our carbon footprint for that! Let's all pile in the H3 and head to First Crazy Church USA!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

Freestone,

My thinking is along the same lines as yours. I too think the Camping ordeal was a means of preparation but to what extent remains to be seen. Something I would like to bring into the scenario within the 2012 subject being discussed is...the Cern-LHC.

www.shareutubevideo.com...

www.lhcdefense.org...

This "Atom Smasher" is believed by some in the scientific community and myself to be a problem maker instead of a solution to finding the "God Particle". It seems plausible to me that since the creation story man and his curiosity has lead us to great discoveries as well as not so great.

Where I am going is this?

WHAT IF this Atom Smasher's energy in our Earths core is doing more harm than good in regards to our shifting of plates?

And...on another note..What if the government knows of some impending gloom and is trying to come up with a solution, via black hole? I have read so much on the LHC and its so confusing when thinking of ALL the what ifs with it. Its a danger to the human race when there is a risk of that magnitude. Messing with our Earths magnetic field may just be the curiosity that killed the cat.

I think its (2012 stuff and all that relates) ALL tied together and the mass energy we find on earth (humans and the like) MAY sadly be taken for a ride they (we) did not ask nor want to be on.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Who exactly are you talking to? You say you guys beleive anything etc. But the posters on this thread never believed what Harold Camping said. So either you didnt read the thread or you're just being an antagonist. Either way your audience is not here on this thread. Move along.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Fortunatly for the main stream Christians this did not discredit them. Camping is viewed as an outsider or fringe clergy. If it was TPTB trying to discredit Christians it didnt work. I do not think that is the case. This guy made his own bed. His money was spent ( or donations to his organization) on the advertising. He put this out there, not MSM. They just picked it up. Human interest and all that. Even on ATS most Christians were quoting the book of Matthew No man will know the hour stuff. I didnt read one post on here supporting Campings claims.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Yes, I think you are absolutely right! Please take a minute to read this, because here is what I think "they" may have planned. While convincing us that the earth will be destroyed by solar flares, Niburu/Elenin or PlanetX, and even selling us places in underground "shelters", and perhaps announcing that 1 million people have been "chosen" to survive in these shelters, or that our children will be taken away to spaceships to colonize a new planet or something, or that we should allow them to "gas" our children to spare them the horror of planetary destruction (see "The Tree of Life", "Knowing" and "Melancholia" movies), "they" have been busy preparing to evacuate themselves to the SEA, in glass submarines, undersea bases and tropical islands. They plan to destroy only some of the LAND, by using hydraulic fracking to form links between all the vast underground gas deposits, and then set fire to them, causing the kind of apocalyptic explosions seen in the film "Knowing", which will convince us all that it's really a comet (isn't that why all those people are hugging each other on the beach in the film "The Tree of Life", and Penn falls on his knees, helplessly waiting for the "cometary impact" to destroy us all?) This plan is luciferian, and we can stop it, but we must renew our faith in our Heavenly Father and Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Please, please, I beg you to listen to me, and think about it! Please watch those movies, and please watch this YouTube video about the hydraulic fracking (www.youtube.com...) Thank you for reading this.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Althoughwe will certainly not have some biblical type of acapocalypse where God raptures and all that Bull#, what I do believe is that the Power Elite are planning something. Why would they allow a lunatic advertise a multi millionaire dollar campaign claiming the end of the world in virtually every mainstream news paper and network? Its obviously a distraction - to let every one causally laugh off the next end of the world prediction.

Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Dark times are ahead for mankind...

But in the story about the boy who cried wolf, no one believed him in the end and the wolves got the sheep. What is the point of being believed to be a liar? No one listens to or believes a liar. How does this benefit TPTB exactly?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

I dont think the word swindle is appropriate here. He didnt swindle these people out of their money. They dontated it and he used it to advertise his beliefs. To swindle would have been to obtain their money through lies and decpetion and then use or steal the donations for something else.. He told them what he would do with their donation and he did it. No swindle involved here. Just a misguided soul and his minions.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm so surprised this had sooo many flags when a majority of atsers make it seem like they don't believe anything out of the ordinary is going to happen what so ever.
Anyway in regards to what you say yes I believe most of what you are saying is true. After this May 21st thing I feel a little more at ease with 2011 2012 or whatever is coming. The future really doesn't look that bad and I can see how this might have been a trick by the PTB to lull people right back to sleep. Frankly I don't know what to believe anymore.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hard to say what Camping was really up to - he spent a lot of money on advertising that he could have spent on limos, gambling, material goods... but he spent that money on a message. He either sincerely believed he was right and therefore slightly delusional or the only other explanation is that he was just a tool being controlled by TPTB to put out a false message to condition the masses not to panic for what is really going to happen. I personally find alien disclosure and other far out theories that have no historical basis to be wishful thinking or plain delusional. What is more likely to come is going to much less glamorous. More war. More economic turmoil. More predators peddling fear. Much of what we see today is nothing more than the result of population explosion and technology - 50 years ago we may or may not of heard of a volcano erupting in Iceland, and if so it would be days later at best. Now that news is instantaneous along with live news and internet coverage so it seems like things are getting worse with respect to earth changes when in fact it is just a change in perception. Same thing with Camping - 50 years ago his message would not have had the ability to spread virally like today, so maybe he is just getting way too much attention...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm South African, not American. And it's not that I believe in Rapture theories, I just believe in not automatically discounting anything.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

how much money and how much advertisement does even a false prophecy need to be spread in order to create some sense of worry or paranoid reaction? Someone has his figures

Well a lot more than they spent on this obviously .
Because I knew no-one who was actually worried about the world actually ending or their mates being raptured.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yes, the world is going to end...and do you know how? A HUGE LION.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceto
Anyone that says they know when the world is going to end is either a liar or crazy. This has been proven over and over again..

And if you are Xstian, you are going against the bible every time you buy into one of these false prophecies.

And if you think Jesus is coming read Luke 21, where he states that the people he is talking to at that moment will bare witness to the change.. those people have been dead for two thousand years.

I'm not usually one for defending The Bible, but it strikes me that He actually talks about the devotees as a group. Not the persons present.

However. The best help you get from this line:
"But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass;"

Which basically means that as long as we have the Middle East, Afrika and not least USA, then there will always be wars, and we should only get worried if we get world peace.
And what is the risk of that, pray tell?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

I had to create an account to reply to that. Well, my friend Holger, the risk of that is that the Bible do predict that there will be a claim of world peace right before the end of the world.

"While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:3)

So you should expect, Middle East or no Middle East, the wars to stop some time as God's purpose advances towards its fulfillment.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Only god knows whats going to happen. Let faith speak for itself.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Thanks for this post, F&S for sure. TPTB must retain a healthy
killer fog of events to maintain their momentum toward what they
have always professed for an End Game on their terms-- without
the interference of focused and informed dissent.
I can only wonder how much of psychology has been morphed
after it's adoption into just another tool in the box of tyrants to
chill everyone out of the debate arena.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Could it be that all failed predictions are lessons in seeing the value of being wrong? To teach us that being wrong is okay, we can learn from it? In fact, in my many years of teaching, I've found that students learn a LOT more from being wrong than from already knowing the answer.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hmm I think that this 2012 thing will actually be Israel launching a big war under the false pleading that the new arab revolutions are going to attack them. When in reality it is actually covert operations causing turmoil in the middle eastern countries. Israel will make it seem like they are under threat by all these new muslim governments that they will be forced to launch an attack when the temperature is just right. Then the dollar will crash, then the antichrist will rule the world from Israel. This is in my opinion the 2012 situation as we are faced with it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tib50

So, let me get this straight. The BAD GUYS are Lucifer(ian), (A Latin Word, means "Light Bringer") and the only one thing that all of Humanity really needs to do is "trust in the Lord Jesus," and each and everything will then just be hunky dory, and we will all be "saved." Is that correct, friend? What you have done here is take a really big thought and shrunk it down to the size of a pea, with just a black and white tunnel view of the entire thing. Take off the blinders, friend. The one you really need to trust in is yourself. It is fully up to you, your own conscious choice, whether to Ascend or not. That which you call Heaven, and Hell, and simply different aspects of the self same energy field I like to call the Nexus. It is a place of rest, and regrouping, a place of reflection, and enjoyment to the fullest degree, or, a punishments of the fullest degree, but you have the choice, not another thing, God, Machine, or Alien decides your Afterlife. I am grateful to have had a few looks beyond to that world, and all is grand there. All that you desire is there, for the asking, or rather, for the thinking, you can stay here for as long as you like, and leave anytime you want to.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join