It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions and gunfire at Pakistan Airforce base

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It's a serious event but not that serious to trigger some bigger events
edit on 22-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

It's a serious event but not that serious to trigger some bigger events

lol, undoubtedly you and i are not reading
the same news reports.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I agree with your assessment that a 15 man team is not going in there to take something out. And your old run of the mill terrorists don't blaze into airplane hangars with rocket launchers....they go into heavily populated areas with crude bombs attached to their chests.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie

I agree with your assessment that a 15 man team is not going in there to take something out. And your old run of the mill terrorists don't blaze into airplane hangars with rocket launchers....they go into heavily populated areas with crude bombs attached to their chests.

to me, sounds more like Delta Force
dressed as insurgents.

wonder what their escape plan is???

Negotiations with the Pakis to allow them
to leave with the tail section of the helo ??
In exchange they release all hostages
(Pak military personnel).

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'd go with a hostage negotiation...and who knows maybe they have some kind of blackmail material that can be used against a high ranking official to ensure cooperation

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thosse security breaches are always highely suspicious

It is believed the terrorists entered the base through a Pakistan air force museum next to the base, which has lower security.

news.sky.com...
edit on 22-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There will be ZERO hostages. ZERO evidence. With that said, what do you think is next, suicide? not likely. I say the compound will get bombed by you know who and will take anyone left alive out.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Seems too well organised and coordinated to be your avrage rag tag taliban

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Come on,this is too obvious...first the OBL Raid in a Military Town...now "Terrorists" (almost) take over a Military Base?

The Goal with this attack is only to make the Pakistani look even more incompetent,so as to show the World that they can´t be trusted to stop "Terrorists" taking over WMD´s...

Its so simple,thats its not even funny anymore...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Very much doubt it is any kind of special forces. Whoever they are, they are stupid beyond belief and most likely the majority of them are already history.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is all crazy It maybe a an attempt to cut China off from some serious exports.I can not remember where i read this if was on ATS or another book these are all most the same methods they used on japan before WWII to kind of De-stabilize them before An attack

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
what they're gonna need is a major distraction...a big earthquake would come in handy right about now

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Seems too well organised and coordinated to be your avrage rag tag taliban

YOU are absolutely right. With that in mind, china said that an attack on pakistan would be war, right? So they said. So, what do you think china will do? Now with that said, If china does nothing or just warns some more then you will know EMMEDIATELY that it is the ELITES doings and the countries are only puppets to their end means. This is not the peoples of china's fault or usa peoples or russia peoples. IT is the ELITES who are orchastrating this whole thing and we the people are funding the whole sherade. did i say PEACE.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
so basically what this boils down to is,

the CIA with the authorization from the US President
is blatantly attacking Pakistan's military infrastructure
and personnel by an Al Queda proxy.

Same exact thing happened in Libya.

This is the reason why Gen. Betray-us
was sent to the CIA.

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's friend's enemy of theirs.

Who said the president authorized this one?

This wasn't an attack on Pakistan's military infrastructure, it was an "instigated" diversion.

There is an extremely urgent need to gather more intelligence on a serious threat that has originated within the Pakistani military, and yes, surprise, the Chinese are involved as well, you can expect as the CIA gets closer to those involved, and/or capture military officials involved, that the Chinese WILL be much more forceful with their saber rattling.

But, go with whatever you want to believe.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Another spokesman said that one P-3C Orion, a maritime partrol aircraft, had been destroyed. "The attackers are still inside and intermittent firing is continuing.
"They were equipped with sophisticated weapons," navy spokesman Commodore Irfan ul-Haq told Reuters

Destroyed aircraft

What could be that sophisticated weapons ?

ca.reuters.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Could it be a attack on a base where nukes are being stored??

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

An official speaking on condition of anonymity says at least 4-5 terrorists have been shot dead, but the aim of the operation is to catch the militants alive.

be interested in what nationality they "say" they are

link tribune.com.pk...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OoohLaDeDa
Very much doubt it is any kind of special forces. Whoever they are, they are stupid beyond belief and most likely the majority of them are already history.

although i'd be willing to bet they are on a government payroll, quick use asset for such an event.
wouldn''t be the first time, won't be the last. local militias(loosely) are perfect for these kinds of PR stunts, if you will.
many variables take shape afterwards when the dust settles, some will be beneficial to whomever enacted this.
this is a game of chess, simply put, the two players are moving their pawns, and have been for sometime.
one of the players was even willing to sacrifice some of it's pieces to get an upper hand in the match.
only difference is now the Queen is becoming involved, ever increasing.

The war in Pakistan is becoming a proxy war against Communism alongaside it's enemy of an enemy is my friend, Islamic Terrorism. and the front is opening up. Georgia/Russia, N/S Korea, Afghanistan/Iraq/Iran.
China will not directly engage, but will allow it's subordinates to act out on it's behalf until it has no choice but to move it's own pieces, a mistake America has made by putting itself out there in such a way as to make it an easy target without any strategy it seems.

edit on 22-5-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Video here with interview with a pakistani guy about whats going on... worth a watch

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

interesting quote from your link:

Irfan ul Haq, a spokesman for the Pakistani navy, told AFP news agency: "One of our officers and one Navy personnel have been martyred."

I thought it was the terrorists that referred to dying as martyrdom...not the military!
www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join