It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions and gunfire at Pakistan Airforce base

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I think you are right on the money. Uncle Sam has "bidness" in the neighborhood.

Zardari is a pretty sharp guy though. His big problem is to get all the tunnel vision madmen in his country to see the big picture and not sell him out for half an acre and a stack of greenbacks.

edit on 23-5-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I was reading this thread last night and just couldn't respond because I was so tired I couldn't move. Anyways, this morning on Sky News they said 7 soldiers captured 5 dead, that's 12 yes? Then it was 7 dead 3 captured. 10 yes? Then the last one I seen was... All 11 dead. From what I gathered last night they cornered them and held them in a 5 hour gunfight. Then somehow ambushed the people inside the hangar. Then took them off somewhere (jail I presume). Next thing they said they killed them INSIDE the hangar. I know live stories can get messed up but this was as if M. Night Shyamalan had directed it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Pakistan as a whole is just a pawn in a very high stakes game between the major super powers... The frightening implications of that, and the potential outcome here will likely change everything.

Chasing the irrefutable proof and intelligence gathering is a top priority now for the CIA in Pakistan, second securing their nuclear facilities and weapons... Later comes occupation and regime change possibly.

The Chinese will be very displeased.

I'm sure other Arab nations would be more than "displeased" if such a thing occurred. Can you imagine?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

One of the public lessons from this whole fiasco at the base here that is going to be stressed in the Media now, is that If Pakistan can't secure its own military base from this kind of attack.... How can we (the USA) trust them to secure their nuclear facilities and weapons?

Enter the US security forces, no invitations required...

There are many overt and covert payoffs from this incident.

Next move...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

The whole thing is a "B movie", (with real corpses, unfortunately).

One of the major problems in that part of the world, IMHO, is that virtually every local headman with his own private army of relatives and clansmen, hates the US but would love to further US ambitions for the region, i.e., to partition Pakistan. As a matter of fact they would love to partition the partitions.

The big picture is of no interest whatsoever to them. They make freedom loving Americans look like gerbils in a cage.

edit on 23-5-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm sure other Arab nations would be more than "displeased" if such a thing occurred. Can you imagine?

On the contrary, most other "Arab" nations could care less about what happens in Pakistan... China on the other hand is very concerned, and they should be, for numerous reasons, not just the proximity of Pakistan to the mainland of China.

Arab "nations" don't care, Muslim people in those nations may have strong opinions on it, but really it's not going to be much of a factor here.

India is also intently monitoring all of these events as well.

Bottom line, secure the nukes, find out if any have "fallen into the wrong hands" and go from there...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
According to a report on France24, (with film),

www.france24.com...

the attack was at a military base a dozen miles outside of Islamabad in the north of the country.

Apologies. There was apparently only one attack on Monday the 23rd. The reference to Islamabad in the report from France24 was in connection to the Seal attack on the bin Laden compound, which was the stated reason for the attack in Karachi.

I'm not keeping up with my French homework obviously. Sorry.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is just come out yesterday from WikiLeaks as reported in the Times of India:

ISLAMABAD: Contrary to Pakistani military's persistent assertion that it will not allow foreign troops to operate within the country, US special forces were embedded with Pakistani troops for intelligence gathering and were also deployed on joint operations in their territory, according to secret US diplomatic cables.

The cables released by WikiLeaks said that US special operations forces were embedded with Pakistani troops for intelligence gathering by the summer of 2009 and deployed with them on joint operations in Pakistani territory by September the same year. The issue has gained heightened sensitivity in the wake of the US raid against Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad.

The revelations go against the Pakistani military's claim that it will not allow foreign troops to operate within the country for operations to flush out the Taliban and other militant elements. "We have created intelligence fusion cells with embedded US special forces with both SSG and Frontier Corps (Bala Hisar, Peshawar) with the Rover equipment ready to deploy," then US ambassador Anne Patterson was quoted by Dawn newspaper as saying in a cable to the state department in May 2009.

American Planes, in the main base seems very likely US forces/assets were in that compound somewhere.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

TPTB stand to gain more if no one survives to tell the real story i.e who they are and what agenda they are working too. If there are lies, would you want it to come out.

You could not get a superinjunction to silence it ha - although it appears neither can Mr Giggs (couldnt resist, sorry)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Not doubting you, but is this truly confirmed?

source: Wayne Madsen, Former US Navy
and retired NSA.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I say we bring all of our troops home. Start taking care of domestic needs, send our soldiers down to the southern states that have been hit so hard by all these storms. Forget the rest of the world, start worrying about ourselves for a change.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crumbles
reply to post by Thepreye

We are no threat to China. We make all of our money from China and China make a good chuck of change from us as well. If anyone thinks this will stop anytime soon they are crazy.

Haha China doesnt make a penny from the USA since it's up to it's eyebrows in debt with China.

They have ALL THE REASON in the world to have a beef with the USA.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The 'terrorist' if captured ALIVE, have either had a quick burial at sea by now (to respect their customs), or have been jetted off to Saudi Arabia, to live in luxury, until the next time they are needed by the CIA.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by Crumbles
reply to post by Thepreye

We are no threat to China. We make all of our money from China and China make a good chuck of change from us as well. If anyone thinks this will stop anytime soon they are crazy.

Haha China doesnt make a penny from the USA since it's up to it's eyebrows in debt with China.

They have ALL THE REASON in the world to have a beef with the USA.

There's your star. i said it before, if the Angelo-American regime doesn't back out of
the area and PRONTO, China and Russia are going to just call in the markers. Not a
single round needs to be fired, we'll all be sucking on really watered down soup in
two months.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by felonius

Or . . . Did China just pull an "en passant"?

While I can certainly agree on the CIA angle, what if this was a Chinese/Paki false flag. They claim those killed or captured are Americans? America will deny this, but China will back up the story through embedded hostages. Huge black eye for America in the global press and shuts up the US mouthpiece and his agressive tone towards Pakistan.

Would give the upper hand to China in the MidEast and still keep them out of the actual "fighting" going on in the region.

After all, they are the nation of Sun Tzu.

Excellent points you've made.

second line. immediately following the first line, which would preceed the third if their were one.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by Gregandgemma

I'm going to hope this turns out to be nothing..
and no one has been hurt

you and me both

if this was an attack by the US,
you can expect retaliation from
both Pak and China.

Obama could not be that stupid.
Can he ???

Boon, many thanks for that brief analysis on 'stupid like a serpent'.
These guys are literally getting away with mass murder by feigning
ignorance; and pushing the can full of C4 the rest of the way in.
When Katrina hit, I saw too many dropped footballs like "We
screwed up, ..." and "Great job, Brownie!" from Dubya for me to
believe anything other than a setup for the inevitable gun grab.
The only thing that sweats me is how much smarter the Chinese
PTB are than the majority of Americans when it comes to deflection.
From a strictly business standpoint, my lack of comfort level about
Pakistan is based on how little China would have to lose by hitting
the 'sell' button instead of even 'launch'.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Now its a couple of days after this attack. There has just been another attack in Pakistan.
This is the headline.
BREAKING NEWS: PAKISTAN BLAST 14 hurt as huge blast hits police station in Pakistan's Peshawar

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, the chopper has been returned:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Here is the link on the recent blast that destroyed a police station in Peshwar:

Reuters

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If there is a conspiracy, it sounds to me like the U.S or allies would fund black ops to lead attacks on critical Pakistani targets, exposing their weakness. This will put the country in turmoil, eventually, and it will spread their forces thin while creating confusion. This will lead to ill decisions, forcing probable cause for invasion.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join