It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions and gunfire at Pakistan Airforce base

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by murphy22

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by murphy22
Or is it a U.S. C.I.A. Operation making it look like someone else? Just saying, know how they work.

It's got to be US Forces or CIA doing this.
The Taliban or insurgents do not have
this kind of sophisticated weaponry
and tactics.

edit on 5/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Yeah, Roger that. My thoughts also.

Are you kidding?

Do either of you have military experience? Do you know how the Taliban fight in respect to their conventional and unconventional warfare?

There is nothing in this article that they haven't done before / don't have the experience and willingness to do.

Do yourself a favor, and don't post stupid statements unless you know what you're talking about.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Perhaps keeping a watchful eye on the US to start another war with Pak, and while there at it.

The arch enemies may very well plan some tactical sneak attacks on US to destabilize the military operations. Perhaps with the intention of weakening the US militarily by covert means.

Then eventually lead to an all out invasion on US by either China or Russia.

Just a likely scenario that comes to mind...

Peace

edit on 22-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Maybe, maybe not the tactics part, but they are and were known to be trained by the C.I.A. Also I doubt the sophisticated weapons were bought from a third party by this group.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
pakistani taliban claim responability but that could be merely to frame them for local justice.
on a geopolitical level i'd assume this means somewhere along the line they were contacted by x gov't agency to attack the base and hold it, but perhaps they came to them as insurgents themselves.
set up... to set up another setup along the line
ahah damn. all in theory. could be a couple average joe talibans, which is perfect for the gov'ts because no work involved, and a good story to roll with for their credential.

this is NOT Taliban tactics or weaponry.
IMO

Taliban do hit and run attacks,
not hostage negotiations blowing
up planes and laying siege to a
military base.

Further to my last, here's just one example to counter your claim that the Taliban can't do more than throw sticks at their enemy.

Taliban attack NATO base

Posts like yours get my back up - basically because you are claiming to know tactics and SOP's of an enemy which you have no familiarity with.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by Gregandgemma

I'm going to hope this turns out to be nothing..
and no one has been hurt

you and me both

if this was an attack by the US,
you can expect retaliation from
both Pak and China.

Obama could not be that stupid.
Can he ???

It's not a matter of him being stupid. It's more of a question of how evil he might be. His endless lies and his bold endeavors lately may be the Coup de gras for America. I would personally like to thank all of the women who swooned over this guy and voted him in simply because he "played them and pulled on their romatic heart strings. I hope your personal schoolgirl crushes were worth sacrificing our country for. Everyone was warned about this guy even before he became president and many have defaulted afterwards by admitting that they were wrong and should have listened. many will defend him until the death of America and even their own families.....simply because they can't admit they were wrong. The internet is full of proof of his misleading lies even on video out of his on mouth, congress has been ignored, he has gone to war the same as Bush and ignored a country's sovreignty by entering the country and murdering someone on their property while uninvited.....which is an act of war. Now, before anyone says, "Well he got Osama and now we are safe".....don't be foolish. There is no evidence of anything that the government couldn't have made up over a weekend. No video of death, no body, nothing but another "trust me" from obama.....the same obama who has told 39-50 lies depending on how people twist his words to support their faith in him. despite all of that, even 39 is a lot of lies.

He has made Executive Orders that mimic Bushs' and some that even supersede the black-hearted nature of Bushs'.

Executive orders such as:
Obama signs Executive Order barring the realease of his Birth Certificate

Caption for below:

NEW YORK – "President Obama today issued an executive order that permits ongoing indefinite detention of Guantánamo detainees while establishing a periodic administrative review process for them. The administration also announced it will lift the ban on bringing new military commissions charges against detainees that don’t already have ongoing cases in the substandard system."

President Obama Issues Executive Order Institutionalizing Indefinate detention even if declared innocent.

I really don't have the time to drudge up all of the mud on this guy, look it up for yourself. For those true believers in an obvious liar, well, you are content with the guy no matter what he does and you deserve what you get. I just know that this guy is NOT ANYTHING that he promised us he was going to be. but then....are any of them? I can't believe that any American votes for anyone these days in the advent of sequential evidence of our government being hijacked and consistently pissed on and sold to the NWO. I can't say Obama led this assault to antagonize an already hot situation for instability.....but i certainly would not put it past him. Every President since Woodrow Wilson has done nothing but play compartmentalized theatrics in service to the NWO (we know the names already of the leaders).....and to placate us on trivial matters using the media to lie to us and to attempt to dumb us down by patronizing us daily with stories about Britney F*'n Spears and lady Gag Gag while distracting us from major matters that mold our very lives, and those of our children....who they would sacrifice at the bat of an illuminati eye.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Phenomium because: .....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If Al-CIA-da is responsible for this attack like others have mentioned it would be to "stir the pot", not as a trigger for an invasion/attack of Pakistan...not just yet anyway.

I beleive this is to rustle the feathers of those in power not only in Pakistan but also China.

The fact that there are Chinese nationals supposedly held hostage tells me "they" knew the chinese would be there and used as a political statement/pawns.

The attack of Pakistan-proper will come as soon as they can put together the fabricated case that the pakistani leadership (maybe with some Chinese knowledge thou I doubt it) knowingly hid/protected Osama for the last 10 years (even thou we all know he died in 2001).

The first you/US public will hear of any invasion is when Obama interrupts your favorite tv show for a message to the public along the lines of -

"Ladies and gentlemen - at this point in time it is my duty to inform you that I as President of the United States of America have taken the decision to launch a massive shock and awe campaign against Pakistans political leadership and military infrastructure as retaliation to protecting and hiding Osama bin laden for the past 10 years which we now have all the supporting documentation to prove this was the case and which will be printed in summary form in all media news outlets in the coming days to justify the actions I have chosen to take".

Or something along those lines...the sheeple will fall for it hook line and sinker. Obama will have his support and who is going to stand in his way in congress against this?

Ive also mentioned in other related threads thatI beleive the first sign of this occuring or about to occur would be the buildup of Indian troops near the border. I beleive India will be used to cover/support the US shock and awe campaign and cover the Special Forces being dropped in to deactivate and secure nuclear tagets within pakistan.

China can like it or hate it its up to them, but they will have India to deal with aswell as the USA in this scenario.

If China makes a move in retaliation to a Pakistani attack you can be assured that russia would support them.

Pretty much everythings on a knife edge......but....thats just my point of view.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
Are you kidding?
Do either of you have military experience?

that is classified and waaaaaayyyy
above ur pay grade.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Use TOR for the link.
www.dawn.com...

KARACHI: An overnight battle with militants at Pakistan’s naval aviation base erupted again after dawn on Monday, with blasts ringing out and choppers hovering overhead as security forces launched a counter-offensive.

“The operation still continues. It is not over yet,” said one security official, eight hours after a group of up to 15 militants stormed the installation with guns and grenades, killing at least five people and blowing up at least three military aircrafts.

More than 30 troops entered the PNS Mehran base in the southern city of Karachi as the battle resumed and eight blasts were heard in the space of 30 minutes.

Eleven people were wounded in the attack on one of the country’s most heavily guarded military installations, where jet fuel tanks appeared to have caught fire and exploded.

“They were carrying guns, rocket-propelled grenades (RPG) and hand grenades. They hit the aircraft with an RPG,” Navy spokesman Commander Salman Ali said earlier.

“They have destroyed three P-3c Orion aircraft,” he added.

It was not immediately clear who was behind the raid. But Taliban militants, who have vowed to avenge the killing of Osama bin Laden by US Special Forces, have carried out several attacks since the al Qaeda leaders’ death on May 2.

The assault started at approximately 10:30 pm on Sunday.

The dead included one sailor, three firefighters and an Army ranger, Yasir said.

A spokesman said one P-3C Orion, a maritime patrol aircraft, had been destroyed and that intermittent gunfire was continuing.

Interior Minister Rehman Malik said earlier the militants had attacked from the rear of the base. “We have been able to confine them to one building and an operation is underway either to kill or capture them.”

He said that terrorists sneaked into the base from three of its boundaries bordering civilian populated areas.

“A building in the premises is still under their occupation from where they are exchanging fire with our soldiers,” he said.

“The situation is being tackled delicately to secure assets, minimise human losses and defeat the terrorists completely,” Malik said, adding that Al-Qaeda and the Taliban had become a danger to the existence of Pakistan.

“It is not just an attack on a navy establishment, it is an attack on Pakistan,” Malik said, warning that those who sympathise with the Taliban and al Qaeda should realise the gravity of the situation and “join hands with us to save our country”.

Malik said the Taliban had vowed to avenge the death of bin Laden by attacking Pakistan’s military and civilian interests.

Media reports said the attackers had made their way in through a sewer line, but that was not confirmed. The military’s goal is to capture as many of the attackers alive as possible, Pakistan television reported.

Man this part really tells you how Pakistan is with terrorist.

“It is not just an attack on a navy establishment, it is an attack on Pakistan,” Malik said, warning that those who sympathise with the Taliban and al Qaeda should realise the gravity of the situation and “join hands with us to save our country”.

So they want them to come and hold hands with them? Are the going to sing Kumbaya ?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

wow, great post
I wish I could give ya a hundred
stars for that post

spot on

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Tin Horn, you know nothing about me. One thing? I've seen both sides of the sand box. Which just happens to box Iran. My job required extensive knowledge of enemy SOP. Just because you show Kangaroo Cav. Coat of Arms don't mean you know what your talking about.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Obama is puppet on a string, and that is the fact.

Here is a true US president that was assassinated because he stood up against the puppet masters.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

he was the last true president as well!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
C.I.A. all over it! Or at least, knowledge thereof.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

I was at a local restraunt the otherday eating sushi. I was in the middle of the "Overton Window" book with the TV going above me. It was on the Communist News Network (as opposed to the Fascist News LOL).

They were talking about Pakistan, threats, lack of cooperation, yada yada.

I looked up and started listening. I felt a cold chill going down my back.

Pakistan could be the modern Sarajevo.

Who will be the Archduke Ferdinand?

I'm smelling black flags.

this could get real weird boys and girls.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They arrested two trying to flee the seen. Did they say who they were. And im sure China will release statements because they had people being held hostage inside the building.

epaper.dawn.com...

The militants also took some Chinese personnel hostage in a building inside the base, which was subsequently surrounded by naval commandos, the sources said.

The sources said that four militants were killed and two injured suspects were arrested by law-enforcement personnel while they were trying to flee from a seminary located near the Karsaz flyover.

edit on 22-5-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Aight let's say the CIA and US are all over this...
what could be the first possible targets on our mainland?
East Coast? West Coast? Hidden nukes in the Heartland?
F.F or not if TPTB mean to get things started then its gonna happen here,, where?
Chinese nuke subs?
one of the many missing nukes from our arsenal?
If this is the work of TPTB then be ready for the STHTF on our land,
likely scenerios?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Check this out...

tribune.com.pk...

Very interesting!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primal Scream
Aight let's say the CIA and US are all over this...
what could be the first possible targets on our mainland?
East Coast? West Coast? Hidden nukes in the Heartland?
F.F or not if TPTB mean to get things started then its gonna happen here,, where?
Chinese nuke subs?
one of the many missing nukes from our arsenal?
If this is the work of TPTB then be ready for the STHTF on our land,
likely scenerios?

who says it's gotta be nukes.
we just had a tornado in Joplin Missouri
that wiped out 75% of the infrastructure.
Why not use HAARP ???

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanProdigy
Check this out...

tribune.com.pk...

Very interesting!

I'm getting page not found . . . what did it say?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out
that China and Russia have upped their
alert status on the military.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join