It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 22nd: Obama pushes "1967 borders" to Pro-Israeli Lobby at AIPAC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
nobama has no authority in Israel, he just thinks he his the king of the world which he is not....

this will not happen he is just talking to make himself think and others that what he says goes....u silly americans who voted for him

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
reply to post by bluemirage5

I live in Texas, and no I wouldn't mind if an Arab lived next door to me, would you?

I find it kind of funny that on one hand you complain about the administartion offering up a solution to another nations problems, but yet your response is for Britain to solve another nations problems.

I don't know one Jewish person who cares what the borders are, the only people I know who care about it are over zealous christians who believe the key to their own salvaltion is making sure isreal exists.

I have no problem with Israel existing, but to support it only because you think it's your ticket into "heaven", is crazy to me.

Isn't it ironic that you live in Texas, cause Texians dont even like for the Mexicans to come across the border to escape their horrid living conditions, now keep in mind that Texas used to be a part of mexico,so using your logic, it should be perfectly acceptable if the Mexicans decided that they wanted Texas back, or just a part of Texas back after they lost it, how would you feel if the Mexicans decided they wanted the land that you lived on?

and yes it is the same stinking smell.
edit on 22-5-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Sometimes to be fair, we have to be merciful; if we compromise our principals it's a sign of weakness. Thats exactly how the average Arab mindset thinks. The more you give them, the more they want.

You probably know about the Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit. Once negotiations started, Hamas made demands and Israel accepted most of the ietms on the list. Then Hamas decided well, we got this far, so let's see what more we can squeeze out of the Israelis, then the deal started falling apart because Hamas saw a weakness in the Israeli and German negotiators and demanded alot more.....when Netanyahu comes to power.....he says this is what you get, take it or leave it.

No matter how much land you give the Palestinians, it will never be enough and they will demand more. They don't get what they want, the rockets started firing and so does incoming suicide bombers!

A nation of Palestine can not exist geographically in two separate quarters - Gaza and West Bank. It's not fesiable nor could it be fully independant. The Gazans won't give up Gaza, Fatah won't give up the West Bank and Israel won't give up Jerusalem! Fatah and Hamas are always at odds politically and religiously. Hamas is more militant and Islamic, they have already made Sharia Law as law; Fatah are more liberal and increasingly becoming more progressive in business etc. Although there is a present "hudna" between the two factions, it won't last long because they are too extremes. Israel is prepared to negotiate with Fatah, but not Hamas. The only way now is to disarm Hamas and the Islamic Jihad in Gaza.....but that won't stop them, there are 100s of smuggling tunnels in and out of Gaza and new ones are dug each and every day to bring in everything, from cars to contraband but mainly weapons and firearms.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

Yeah, and Hamas and their Islamic Jihad branch makes the Mexicans look like child play.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This whole controversy is stupid.

Do you really think Obama will do this? By his own words, in the end the process would be up to Palestine and Israel. He says he simply said what was always said privately. Why does it matter now with him saying this? Will it magically happen? Or will it simply be another news story for the next 6 months until negotiations fail and they go back to killing one another again? BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW EVERYTHING POLITICIANS SAY IS TRUE AND FACTUAL IN EVERY WAY AND THEY STAY TO THEIR WORDS. ESPECIALLY OBAMA.

Honestly at this point, I think the citizens of Israel and the Palestinians should combine as a force, lynching both Hamas, the current Israeli government, and all other organizations at all hampering the peace process within the country, followed by kicking out any foreign interlopers in disrupting the process as they create a SINGLE STATE, where NEITHER people give a damn about one anothers religious beliefs. This is the only way any real peace will be achieved.

This whole thing is just the next step in a war over a piece of land between 3 groups of people that has lasted for thousands of years. And I think in the end there's specific forces in each group working to achieve the same means; fulfilling religious prophecies, for better or for worst. Maybe even for nothing. But any form of rationality on the situation has long vacated said situation. Most rational people are sick of pointless killing, whether it be the first strike or a retaliatory strike.
edit on 22-5-2011 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Most foreigners outside Israel think they have a grand plan for peace and it is so simple to impliment. It's not. This is far more complicated than just a swap of land here and there.

You people don't get it.

1. For the Palestinians to achieve peace with Israel, the Palestinians have to be a unified people with a single Govt.

2. Palestine, right now, is ruled under two political factions; Hamas and Fatah.

3. Fatah are made up of moderate and generally conservative/liberal thinking Muslim Palestinians

4. Hamas are made up of fanatical Islamists with Sharia Law in place as the rule of law

5. Just recently Fatah and Hamas created a "hudna"; kind of like a temporary ceasefire

6. Fatah in the West Bank

7. Hamas in Gaza

8. Fatah won't give up the West bank

9. Hamas won't give up Gaza

10. Fatah is open to land swap within the West Bank

11. Hamas is not open to land swap of Gaza (although Israel already gave up alot of land in and around Gaza)

12. Fatah does'nt want Hamas in West Bank

13. Hamas does'nt want Fatah in Gaza

14. The Palestinians want East Jerusalem as their capital

15. In order to have one single area of a unified Palestinian people and homeland, they can not be in two separate areas at the same time. Remember? Hamas won't budge. Fatah won't budge.

16. Israel won't negotiate with Hamas

17. Israel won't separate Jerusalem (will stay under Israeli sovereignty as Israel's capital)

18. Israel wants Gazans to give up all arms/weapons and to stop the import of. Gazans refuse.

19. Fatah already have their own fully armed and fully functional Police Force with support of Israel.

20. No consideration for the Palestinian Christians who want to be governed by themselves.

*Now there's alot of other factors involved but this list should give you some idea of whats going on. And Obama thinks he knows it all? I'd like to see his road map to a peace plan and how the hell he thinks Israel can revert back to the 1967 borders.......it's bloody IMPOSSIBLE and he knows it!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

You people don't get it.

Please quote me where I suggested I agree with the presidents stance, especially considering in the same #ing post you quoted pretty much reveals what I think.

And if you can't quote me on that, then don't use the quote option and such words like You as if you're directing your post at me. You look stupid.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The post was directed at all readers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join