reply to post by SpectreDC
Most foreigners outside Israel think they have a grand plan for peace and it is so simple to impliment. It's not. This is far more complicated than
just a swap of land here and there.
You people don't get it.
1. For the Palestinians to achieve peace with Israel, the Palestinians have to be a unified people with a single Govt.
2. Palestine, right now, is ruled under two political factions; Hamas and Fatah.
3. Fatah are made up of moderate and generally conservative/liberal thinking Muslim Palestinians
4. Hamas are made up of fanatical Islamists with Sharia Law in place as the rule of law
5. Just recently Fatah and Hamas created a "hudna"; kind of like a temporary ceasefire
6. Fatah in the West Bank
7. Hamas in Gaza
8. Fatah won't give up the West bank
9. Hamas won't give up Gaza
10. Fatah is open to land swap within the West Bank
11. Hamas is not open to land swap of Gaza (although Israel already gave up alot of land in and around Gaza)
12. Fatah does'nt want Hamas in West Bank
13. Hamas does'nt want Fatah in Gaza
14. The Palestinians want East Jerusalem as their capital
15. In order to have one single area of a unified Palestinian people and homeland, they can not be in two separate areas at the same time. Remember?
Hamas won't budge. Fatah won't budge.
16. Israel won't negotiate with Hamas
17. Israel won't separate Jerusalem (will stay under Israeli sovereignty as Israel's capital)
18. Israel wants Gazans to give up all arms/weapons and to stop the import of. Gazans refuse.
19. Fatah already have their own fully armed and fully functional Police Force with support of Israel.
20. No consideration for the Palestinian Christians who want to be governed by themselves.
*Now there's alot of other factors involved but this list should give you some idea of whats going on. And Obama thinks he knows it all? I'd like
to see his road map to a peace plan and how the hell he thinks Israel can revert back to the 1967 borders.......it's bloody IMPOSSIBLE and he knows