It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 22nd: Obama pushes "1967 borders" to Pro-Israeli Lobby at AIPAC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
President Barack Obama warned America's pro-Israel lobby on Sunday that the Jewish state will face growing isolation without a credible Middle East peace process.

That man must be some confident for 2012.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
He is a child. A simple arrogant child with too much power on his hands. And with all power, the person that doesn't use it wisely, falls. And falls hard. The real pity will be the innocent people that he will take down with him.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

When Obozo speaks about honesty.....he speaks with two tongues.....how can Obozo even mention the word honesty when he produces fake birth certificates and lies about his past? Secondly, how can Obozo address Netanyahu without getting his name right?

Israel will NEVER return to the 1967 borders....now what's Obozo going to do about that now? What can he do? Nothing! Obozo does not have the power to decide Israel's borders.

Now what I envision for the USA is for the Americans to re-establish two states.....one for Obamastan and one for the Republicans.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Why so divisive? You want 2 states? Would you like a civil war after that?

Obamas saying what every president before him has said and he's actually talking logically. If you don't want Hamas and Israel to keep fighting at the level they are now, you have to do something, and sorry but that something is not lob nukes into Palestine.

The majority of the Jewish community also supports the 1967 borders, why don't you? Is it really that big a deal?No, it's not.

Unless you start to make headway in the region, the fighting will continue and only get worse, until in the end neither israel nor Palestine is left standing. Would you like to live in that world?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Show me where it says a majority of the Jewish people support Israel reverting back to the 1967 borders......then I'll show you a real live tooth fairy!

All you foreigners are pretty damn good expecting Israel to compromise by giving up more land......you should had been around when the British reorganised things and chopped Israel in to two nations; one for the Jews, Israel, and one for the Palestinians, Jordan. There ya go.....problem solved!

If you really care that much for the Palestinians, how about we chop up your nation and give them a state there, you've got a hell of alot more than tiny little Israel, you obviously would'nt mind having the Arabs living next door to you inside your country would you?

Next?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
The majority of the Jewish community also supports the 1967 borders, why don't you? Is it really that big a deal?No, it's not.

Is this really true?...

What about the Jewish community in Jerusalem?..
Do you think these negotiations will end with Israel getting the whole city?...

Where do you see these polls?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I live in Texas, and no I wouldn't mind if an Arab lived next door to me, would you?

I find it kind of funny that on one hand you complain about the administartion offering up a solution to another nations problems, but yet your response is for Britain to solve another nations problems.

I don't know one Jewish person who cares what the borders are, the only people I know who care about it are over zealous christians who believe the key to their own salvaltion is making sure isreal exists.

I have no problem with Israel existing, but to support it only because you think it's your ticket into "heaven", is crazy to me.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I saw this poll a few days back and am unable to find it now. I just ran across it randomly.

Do I believe it? Yes and no. I think the majority of people in Jerusalem don't care and aren't vocal one way or another. I think the people that do care more are the leaders of Israel and the groups who are more vocal.

Do you personally care what the borders are? How does it affect you?

I'll be honest I could care less. I think the whole situation is childish from both sides and it's ashamed that everyday both sides lose children fighting over it.

And like I said above this post, I have not heard one of my Jewish friends ever bring this conflict up in conversation. My nutty Christian friends however cling to every word said about this issue.
edit on 22-5-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Israel is becoming a pariah state. I used to support Israel through thick and thin.
I used to feel sorry for those poor people, couldn't understand why those bad Arabs kept killing them
and wanting to destroy their country.
I am a bit more long in the tooth now , and realize that Israel is nothing more than the fox in the chicken coup.
Further more, I now realize why America backs Israel, it has nothing to do with right or wrong, but much more to do
with biblical prophecy, I find the state of Israel an embarrassment that has no business lecturing or ordering other people or states around. Oh , and by the way , what ever Obama is , he's right on this occasion. Israel needs to shrink back to pre 1967 borders, otherwise it is an occupying army.

This Arab Israeli conflict needs to be resolved before it kills us all.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
He is a child. A simple arrogant child with too much power on his hands. And with all power, the person that doesn't use it wisely, falls. And falls hard. The real pity will be the innocent people that he will take down with him.

It takes an adult to stand up to the massive amount of blind support of Israel. A child would be a president that simply kneels before them and asks what they want of him.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

My friend.....

we are not talking about one single Arab living next door to you.....but thats ok.....you don't mind if I put all of Gaza including Hamas and their Islamic jihad wing over the fence from ya?

take your time thinking about it

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

your post was so funny.......

Israel does'nt order the USA around, your own President who shows his nation a fake long form birth certificate is running the American circus show now!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to America being ordered around, and he's not my President.
I am a UK national, yes, the state which gave birth to Israel,post 1947.

Sooner or later Israel will need to make peace properly , or face destruction.
It's inevitable.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

yes, well........lets all blame Britain shall we?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

No. He is a child. A child because he either ignores or refuses to address the important issue for which he was elected for in the first place. And this issue is The United States of America. Not the Middle East, not Northern Africa, not Russia nor China, not any country. But the U.S.A. itself. That is why he is a child.

He is president of the United States of America, so he is supposed to listen, serve and protect the people within.

In short, he needs to do less talking and start walking the walk.

That is why he is a child.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

On your last post alone.......I would agree to that 100%

America's economic wooes are affecting many other Western nations.....and it's about time Obozo does something about it......first stop Wall Street, then go after the banks like Goldman and Sachs! No more bail outs......but thorough and full audits should warrent plenty of arrests.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

No policy since Carter....They - We have been fighting over pieces of the ground all this time. It is the only solution... think about it. It has ALWAYS been about the land. PLEASE...share your solution to this long standing f%&#en problem. I am by no means an Obama cheerleader.... wether it is by plan or not, this is the logical solution. I know logical is a stretch, but why not. I would appreciate any and all comments/replies. Any communication/feedback is ALWAYS better than none at all. Peace my friends!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Britain is to blame imo.
The creation of Israel was ill thought out, imposed by a victorious
Britain after WWII. The Security council had just been set up and Britain was flying high.
Truth is though Britain was a shrinking colonial power and had NO right setting up a state in someone
else's country. True the Jewish people had just come through a horrific time, but.. Surely
there were better places to start the new state of Israel.
A child could have foreseen the problems with Arab neighbors and the Palestinians themselves.

So yes Britain is very much to blame, the Americans on the other hand just blindly keep the game going,
because of biblical prophecy and Jewish owned corporations, pulling he strings of government.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

The idea of Israel as a Jewish homeland and Jordan as a Palestinian homeland, in principle, was probably the best alternative and it's a shame it was'nt followed through at the time. Today, 80% of Jordanians are indeed Palestinian.

As for Jewish run banks etc etc. You know what......it's kind of like when your bank offers you a increase in your credit......either you accept or you don't. End of the day, the banks are not putting a gun to our heads to force us in to anything. When do we start taking full responsibility for our own actions?

The IMF are not putting a gun to the heads of our leaders; they're doing that all by themselves by selling our state assets and selling the population out. These banking cartels are getting away with it because we allowed our leaders too much power and now they've got greedy.

edit on 22-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I entirely agree with you, sadly though politicians seem to be unaccountable to the
people these days. The world does need some people power, but as a little person.
I have no idea of how to bring fairness and peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join