It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning to Love and Live Consciously

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I actually understand and agree with you here. What made you believe anyone else was attempting to identify with "God'? The "God" many seek is already within them. This is why one live consciously.

Let me go back and completely read this because maybe I am confused.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

God is but the personification of the superego. As long as we have a conscience we can identify with this part of our selves if we so choose, and even give it a label....such as god.

I have no need for this. I'm agnostic. I don't believe in god as some supernatural being. Not in the least. I think it may be possible that the whole cosmos is a living being, and we're but a part of it. Maybe so, maybe not, but what would it matter either way?

Suffering still happens, and we still live our lives not truly knowing what's on the other side. I see no reason to adapt beliefs that bind and blind, which seems to be the whole lot of them.

I also see wisdom in defying your conscience from time to time. Your instincts/subconscious does NOT always no best. Sometimes you can deviate and teach your subconscious...

Been there, too!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Take your idiocies and shove it.

First time I've ever encountered a being who dosn't except that there are different levels of consciousness.
This is very interesting to me. And so harsh without any given cause. Lets disect him.

edit on 22-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I have no need for this. I'm agnostic. I don't believe in god as some supernatural being. Not in the least. I think it may be possible that the whole cosmos is a living being, and we're but a part of it. Maybe so, maybe not, but what would it matter either way?

You have no need for this but something keeps bringing you back? So you don't believe in a supernatural being ?
When there are plenty of natural beings, in front of you all day long every day of your life, who look you straight in the eye and say,' I'm here and I exist "? Super Natural being just the highest level of being ? I can see exactly why you use labels such as idiot. The idea of the whole universe being a living organism is so much more plausible.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

First time I've ever encountered a being who dosn't except that there are different levels of consciousness.
This is very interesting to me. And so harsh without any given cause. Lets disect him.

Are you seriously trying to piss me off?!

First off, learn to spell.

Second off, check what you write.

I have no clue what this post is referring to. Same as the first.

What the hell are "levels of consciousness"??

You have to give me context so that I understand.

Are we speaking about being asleep, or awake??

Are we talking about perceiving reality in a different way, or being more aware, and how does this relate to anything I've said??

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

First off, learn to spell.

Wow guy. I have never seen a creature so full himself. I know let's dissect him. Is everything in order this time?
Am I trying to piss you off ? Dosn't seem like it would take any effort at all.

Call me a natch.

So you accept there is a different level of AWARENESS between humans and flys? Between a Shaolin priest
and a crack head?

Am I try'in to piss you off ? I take that as an invitation.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Maybe he needs to understand that the superficial of the acidulous is not so inconsequential to the aspiring of the ancient gland.

What sayest thou Sir Randy?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion1

Wait a minute, let me go sharpen my tongue.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Conclusion1

Wait a minute, let me go sharpen my tongue.

That just sounds wrong. lol.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
From my own understanding of being conscious it is actually the act of being aware of what is happening around you and the thoughts you keep. As often the enlightened person soon comes back down to earth when another earthbound enlightened soul... accidentally treads on ones foot. Then one sees them-self come back down to earth, depending on ones immediate reaction.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You have no need for this but something keeps bringing you back? So you don't believe in a supernatural being ?
When there are plenty of natural beings, in front of you all day long every day of your life, who look you straight in the eye and say,' I'm here and I exist "? Super Natural being just the highest level of being ? I can see exactly why you use labels such as idiot. The idea of the whole universe being a living organism is so much more plausible.

Wow, I did not foresee an argument come from my OP. I understand that some people are just angry or fearful or both and accept them for what they are. Their words really have no relevance in my thinking because I understand where they are coming from. I was once and angry dude too. Many, many years ago. I was Catholic (born into), Atheist, Agnostic and finally Self-Aware without any dictated belief systems to live by. I make my choices because they are smart for me, right here, right now.

I will give you a thought to chew on instead of a Bit.

Until to you kill all of your ideologies and start over with nothing but you and the oneness of the multi-verse you are doomed to a life dictated by someone else's words.

Consciousness + Objectivity – Ideologies = Enlightenment

edit on 5/25/2011 by Tapped In because: Grammar

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

Start over ? That's all I've done my whole life. You don't realise enough about me and what I've been through in life to tell me to start over and be taken seriously. You just commited a fopah by breaking the first rule of advice.
1. Only give advice when it is asked for. Not to big of a deal but a fopah none the less. Also you assume I've never started there before ? You're wrong in that assumption. Looked over most of the other beliefs that involve
the one true God. I follow Jesus Christ as closely as I can through what I know the Bible says, despite religion.
I've simply accepted Christianity and what Christ did for me. Through my own incorruptable church. This is the way in which I hope to land in his favor. If not ? If I am wrong. Then all of hell is going to hate having me down there. Cause that won't even stop me from proclaiming the magic of the truth that Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savoir.

It is not nor ever will be my desire to be in heaven, that causes my love of the Heavenly Father. It is what Christ did. That no else, No man could've done.

You must love the Lord thy God with all your heart and soul. Period.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry, but my response wasn't for you. The advice; good, bad or otherwise was for the angry young man in the thread.

Thank you for your input.

Peace

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry, but my response wasn't for you. The advice; good, bad or otherwise was for the angry young man in the thread.

Thank you for your input.

Peace

AHHHH! my bad. Hate it when that happens. Thank God I went the short version.

edit on 25-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join