It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learning to Love and Live Consciously

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Now that we have the latest Doom's Day prophecy fall by the waste-side and we can have a moment of semi-normalcy I'd like to discuss something that has been on my mind of late. Learning to Love and Live Consciously.

Sound weird? It would have to me as well if I didn't know what living a conscious life truly meant.

Since January 2009, I made a very naive decision to live every moment of the rest of this life consciously. Why naive? Because it's sooooo hard. I have to say it. Living consciously has been the hardest task I've endeavored to conquer. The hardest, but best because I have finally been able to see and understand who I am and what I need to change about me in order to leave this plane fulfilled and ready to move on to a different mission.

In short, I took the reigns on life and haven't let go for a second. For the most part it has been a wonderful journey and have done more towards fulfilling my life's goals in these short years than I had in the previous Thirty-eight together.

The biggest difficulty I have incurred on my conscious driven path is finding a partner of the opposite sex that has also chosen to live a conscious life.

I can't be with anyone who prefers to live out their subconscious illusions. I can't just go out on a date with just any person I think might be cute or they think that of me.

I make my choices based on life goals and acknowledged limitations. When I meet anyone, I see the end result of our relationship in a single moment and know if they are conducive or restrictive to my way of life. Living consciously means that you can't just say, "Damn, I haven't had a date in a while, I'll just do it anyway and see what happens."

You make simple decisions, yes or no and follow up blindly either way. No second guesses, no turning back.

For the record, I'm still happier now than I ever have been and would never want to live any other way, but would love to hear from others who are going through similar difficulties in Learning to Love and Live Consciously.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

The most.. ironic (i guess?) part is that as one goes through the cycles of growing that conscious awareness, nothing changes "out there." We just change how we look at all that is already happening, including our own experience as part of that. i say it is ironic because this is the last thing many are likely to do in their search for what they perceive they "have not." So, we sit and try to grasp the piece of debris in water, all the while watching it shoot out through the cracks in our fingers.

You have seen it as a choice of free will and chosen your path.

i have been the way you mention about finding a "partner" as well. Though, i have used it instead to become happy with what i have. i have plenty of family, and friends (though many have passed as well) and if that relationship is meant to be then it will be more of a.. blessing than a necessity.

As you found, one can not simply reach out and grasp happiness. It is a result of our decisions, not the action itself.

Thank you for posting.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So, you're living consciously, and other's aren't

That's just some sort of egoism.

I'm guilty of it as well.

Everyone who is alive is conscious.

I think what you mean to say is being conscientious.

Two different things entirely.

BTW, from my point of view you're the one who's living an illusion.

Enjoy the party while you still can, I guess.
edit on 22-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Flagged and starred.
I applaued this thread. Now I have to read the other half of it. So excuse me.

Take it from someone who once had the most beautiful little lady in all the world. Both inside and out, with the inside making the outside even more beautiful. Stay your new found path and you will avoid my folly. I fear I may never find my way back into her heart. The mess I'm
in, I know for a fact, is because I was not conscious of how much I love her, when we were together. Now my consciousness is filled only with what a fool I've been. Thank you for the opportunity to get that out in the open. I will never give up on her. Be it curse or blessing. Great thread indeed.

Randyvious
edit on 22-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You know, you have something there. There is a deep level of egotism there, but it is not negatively charged. Just not really considering another unless I have to.

How about this...

Living a self-aware life.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Let's get something straight. Negativity isn't inherently detrimental. Sociopaths have conditioned society into politically correct, and "spiritually" correct nonsense. It makes it so they can have full control over weaker minds.

Absolutely not being negative is a form of insanity. It doesn't follow the yin & yang whole thing...

Negativity is to negate, positivity is to posit. Some things are best negated, and called out for what they are. Some things are best posited, especially after falsehoods have been dealt with.

I think one of the greatest evils is not embracing each and every emotion we have, while applying them to our lives wisely. Not using our anger, frustrations, and fears to better our species is asinine. From my point of view it's beyond ridiculous to try and be all spiritually enlightened at this stage in the game. It's a weak coping mechanism for those who just can't hang in the 21st century.

BTW, you've been conditioned by sociopaths and con-artists. Just trying to help others so they don't fall for the bs you're trying to spread.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Thank you for your response. Glad there are others, but the biggest take-away from your post is the mention of cycles. I think that is it (or a piece of it). I'm just going through conditioning again. I have to build life experiences enough to determine the particular cycle or pattern I have in place.

The first level of living self-aware is determining the cycles and fractals in your world. The second is creating new cycles and fractals.

Soak, Wash, Rinse and repeat until your done.

Thanks for that. I'll meditate on that tonight.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Let's get something straight. Negativity isn't inherently detrimental. Sociopaths have conditioned society into politically correct, and "spiritually" correct nonsense. It makes it so they can have full control over weaker minds.

Absolutely not being negative is a form of insanity. It doesn't follow the yin & yang whole thing...

Negativity is to negate, positivity is to posit. Some things are best negated, and called out for what they are. Some things are best posited, especially after falsehoods have been dealt with.

I think one of the greatest evils is not embracing each and every emotion we have, while applying them to our lives wisely. Not using our anger, frustrations, and fears to better our species is asinine. From my point of view it's beyond ridiculous to try and be all spiritually enlightened at this stage in the game. It's a weak coping mechanism for those who just can't hang in the 21st century.

BTW, you've been conditioned by sociopaths and con-artists. Just trying to help others so they don't fall for the bs you're trying to spread.

OK, I can see where you are at, so there is no need for me to counter your trite remarks. The only thing I think is weak is your retort. I see a person who exhibits fear of the unknown and a need to quash others in order to feel good about the fear that resides within.

Peace
edit on 5/22/2011 by Tapped In because: Grammar

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I'm just trying to point out how mindless and hypocritical your posts are. That's all.

Enjoy pooing rainbows!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

I'm just trying to point out how mindless and hypocritical your posts are. That's all.

Enjoy pooing rainbows!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Damn Unity, bitterness sucks dosn't it?
At least I'm conscious enough now to realise that I'm the only one to blame for being unconscious when it counted. That does make me bitter. But only with myself.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Flags and stars for you, OP.

I understand. It wasn't a choice that I decided undertake. Life just sort of led me to this way of living. I am happier being disconnected though I agree that sometimes it get lonely.

As for the dating and relationship aspect of it, find the Orgasm Without Love thread on this forum. Again, I was led to that type of mentality well before really understanding it. We have to be careful when it comes to the people we allow into our lives.

Best of luck to you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It was a pretty funny comment, wasnt it?

Anyway, i like the change of word to self-aware. i actually have a hypothesis that our definition of "self-aware" is not entirely accurate. As most are acting entirely within the confines of their mind, which has in turn been "programmed" to respond in specific ways to specific stimuli. i feel it is not out of the realm of feasibility that in such a state, there is no "self-awareness," because one has completely contained themselves in neural pathways that build up habits and responses over time, with no possible "oversight" since ones perspective is contained entirely within it. We might still be able to look in mirror and say "thats a reflection," but we will only be observing the movement that is taking place, we wont actually be "making" the movement, it is made for us, as it were.

i think this sensation is represented in many feeling like home is elsewhere, feelings of detachment, things not feeling "real" etc.

i do not necessarily see it as levels though, as i feel it is too varied and vast to be split into such notations. i see it more as a breaking down of how we constructed the world around us, in favor of instead making and exploring such things consciously, mindfully, and for ourselves. i see it as countless cycles happening at the same time, and the only way to become aware of such things is let them come to us, so to speak, instead of trying to grasp them fruitlessly in that water

Obviously, we are both pointing to the same moon (inevitably) but sometimes saying things a bit differently can help ourselves, or others.
edit on 22-5-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Damn Unity, bitterness sucks dosn't it?
At least I'm conscious enough now to realise that I'm the only one to blame for being unconscious when it counted. That does make me bitter. But only with myself.

What?

I have no clue what this post is about.

Why can't people speak in a somewhat intelligent way anymore?

WTH is wrong with people?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

And to you. That is it! I have become very careful about everything I let into my life and the ripples created because of those choices.

Peace

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Well can you explain what is so mindless and hypocritical about OPs post? Or is it just mindless and hypocritical because you dictate everything you come across? Stalin.

Can you understand the words that are coming out of my keyboard ?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Well can you explain what is so mindless and hypocritical about OPs post? Or is it just mindless and hypocritical because you dictate everything you come across? Stalin.

No. I refuse to speak with mindless idiots any further.

If you can't see that the OP continuously was hypocritical, I can't help you.

Take your idiocies and shove it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I say this with nothing but genuine love and concern for you.

When a person becomes aware of certain things, he/she has no choice but to follow that higher calling that was presented to him/her. For instance, something within OP's life decided (s)he needed to be more aware and discerning. OP obeyed.

Look at it this way. "Mary" tells you to not touch a hot stove because well, it's hot. You learn to obey by either getting burned or trusting "Mary". After seeing that "Mary" is only concerned about you being safe and your best interest, sooner or later you avoid being burned due to your own understanding OR you listen to that voice telling you to not touch hot stoves. In the end, you actually learn to live your life highly aware of stoves. Now apply that general concept to your entire personal experiences.

Is the voice of "Mary" your higher self or someone/something outside of yourself that is highly protective of you?
edit on 22-5-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Being aware at all moments through life, is that what the OP means? Are we not aware even on an unconscious level? I mean, I get a sense of something and then it comes to the forefront of my thoughts so I can address it; why it "pops" up is because my subconscious spoke through me.

I wake up knowing my responsibilities, as I am working through the day I am working out my other responsibilities and making sure I had not overlooked anything. I am a cook, a gardener, an animal caretaker and then some and it is a constant "chore", but a loved life!

Conscientious however, that is different; I often enjoy "unplugging" from the worry that is presenting itself. I allow "Spirit" to speak to me in my own reference, in my surroundings. The Weather plays a particular role in what I do everyday outdoors and so I associate this as an expression of my reality. It has not been nice for some time!

I do love to touch the world and cry, and feel, and allow it to fill me with the need to help and to give of myself. Yet, I couldn't do that on a daily basis, no way! I do give of myself daily, but I allow myself to fall into routines and I do love routines!

So, I wasn't quite sure in what manner the OP is speaking. As for Love, well, only you can open that door and then realize that it is all about compromises! Best to look for your Best Friend instead!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

It's called your conscience. You can label it as you will, but I fully understand how it evolved in our species, because I know WHY...

I have NO need to compartmentalize myself with GOD, or any other personifications of who I am.

I've seen where that can lead....MPD, and it's not pretty.

It's an extreme form of denial, and it causes much suffering to the individual and those who have to deal with their nonsense.

It may seem protective, but these alters do a great disservice to the individual and society as a whole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join