It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State if I have ever seen it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

The facts are since when did the police begin attacking defenseless people when taking them into custody if they are taken into custody. I am not sure if they are practicing what they are being taught on the weak, the lame and old first. Or are attempting to intimidate and frighten the general public. Either way it is definitely becoming a frequent occurance and when it comes to the government it is never by accident. My personal belief is that they are trying to test a reaction and possibly hoping a possible violent reaction. I remember what happened in the 60's and early 70's when there were a lot of protesting around the country and how the police would infiltrate the crowds and be the ones to start the violence then blame the protestors. There is no reason to believe they would have any hesitation to incite a riot now. Just food for thought.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Everybody seems pretty mad about this without knowing all the facts. Maybe that dude in the wheelchair just got done sticking his fingers in some 6 year old girl. You still wanna cuddle his a$$ now?

Actually yes.

Even if he touched a 6 year old girl he still has rights. He has a right to be arrested without being taken to the ground violently and having his head bounced off the sidewalk when he is not posing a threat of any kind to the officers.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I thought that the police were peacekeepers.

This behavior is much like the attitude cops in Est Germany had before the wall came down.

The US is turning more and more into what it was like living in est Germany before 1989.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't understand this...

they are human, they have a wife, children and family ... how can they act this way..? what the f*ck... that is a whole new level of brainwashed, do they feed them some type of drug or somthing? Every American police video I see they are always on a power trip.

It confused me how a human being can be this way to another fellow human, sickens me.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

I am not sticking up for the police in anyway, but sometimes people just have bad days. This is no excuse to crime they committed on this man.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I agree that the treatment of the fellow in the wheelchair seemed a bit extreme.

I also find the fact that the video doesn't show anything before the "handicapped" man (It looked to me like he stood up, as he was dragged forward.) was jerked from the wheelchair a bit suspicious too. The person recording the video seems to have intentionally left that part out!

See ya, Milt

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I agree that the treatment of the fellow in the wheelchair seemed a bit extreme.

I also find the fact that the video doesn't show anything before the "handicapped" man (It looked to me like he stood up, as he was dragged forward.) was jerked from the wheelchair a bit suspicious too. The person recording the video seems to have intentionally left that part out!

Yeah, we don't know what happened beforehand. Maybe the guy was a known perp who was using the wheelchair as a prop to scam money from passersby.

And me, I'd maybe call it police brutality, but not a police state.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The agency involved is the District of Columbia Transit Police. The incident took place at some point over this last weekend.

The video has been seen by both DC Police as well as Transit Police, and Metro is currently reviewing the officers actions.

They were attempting to arrest the man, although there is no info on what the charges were or what prompted Police contact with the individual in the video. The assault on an officer comment may not be the only charge, even though its the only one we heard the officer say. I have seen some other articles that look similar to this incident describing ythe homeless man as being able to walk, but absent any other specific info, its nothing but a coincidence.

Metro Transit Police should have a statement coming out in the next few days.

Its a blog, but it has more info than all the other links I have seen -
Force Questioned in Video of Metro Police Arrest

Over the weekend, a video surfaced on YouTube showing what appears to be D.C. Metro Police forcefully arresting a man in a wheelchair just outside of the U Street/African-Amer Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Metro station. In the video, we can see the incident takes place during the middle of the day, just across the street from Ben's Chili Bowl. Two police officers, who appear to be with Metro Transit Police, tackle a man from his motorized wheelchair onto the sidewalk, injuring the man and causing him to bleed from the head. Since the incident took place midday, a crowd forms quickly. One woman can be heard clearly saying that he man is "always in a wheelchair" and supposedly lives nearby.

The title of the video implies the man is homeless, however there is no evidence in the video to indicate that fact.

Neither D.C. Police nor Metro Transit Police were available to comment or elaborate on the incident, however a D.C. police spokesperson indicates that the Metro Transit Police Department is handling the issue. As with many other police incidents, particularly those that happen in the Metro system, we should expect a statement fairly soon.

As far as my 2 cents goes, I am going to wait to see what was going on. The video does not show anything prior to the guy being pulled out of the wheel chair.

Also, for what it is worth DC police were also working a shooting that occured prior that involved a man in a wheel chair. Essentially the guy in the other incident (I dont know if they are linked or not) pulled a drive by in a wheel chair.

Any chance we can stop the 100 meter rush to judgment on the police? I have not seen ANY information coming from news or the police that explains what occured. The comments I have seen so far are based off of perception and nothing else.

If the force is excessive for the encounter, then by all means nail the cops asses to the wall. Until we get the full story though, and just like the guy in the wheel chair, everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

edit on 22-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

I found out why

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
if you really lived in a police state, your door would have been kicked in by now for starting this thread

echelon sees all

I'm not excusing the brutality, but it's a wee bit of an over reaction

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

FYI I do live in a Police state if you have been reading/watching the news Indiana has passed a law that you do not need a warrant to raid a house anymore.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

I heard about that law...whatever happened to the 4th Amendment? Has the law been challenged yet?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I am sure it has I don't follow it because I will never open my door for them. I will protect my house from them like I would any other person trying to illegally enter my household.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Cops are just a disgusting breed of animals. I don't care about the "good" ones, your not good if you're a cop. Stop protecting your "police brothers" and start protecting citizens. I know the cop fanboys will bash me for this, but quite frankly I don't care. Cops are the enemy of every free citizen, they are trained to be.

Many will say that the laws aren't the choice of the officer. This is true, but the officer is free to "look the other way" and in addition to that, when you decide to become an officer, you decide to enforce illegal "laws" so you are a domestic enemy. For shame.
edit on 22-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I really hate cops. Trained to treat you like you're criminal, regardless.

I got a knee to the back of the neck and handcuffs a month after I had surgery, they didn't care. I was 100% innocent, not given a chance to speak. After that my faith was gone and now i'm coldblooded. sad.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

There is no other explanation for this sickening pig behavior other than it has all been planned by the elites to crush Americans....

I agree. This type of incident is getting too common.

It is starting to stink to high heaven of a set-up to impose Martial Law. Things are going to get really dicey when the Food Safety Modernization act goes in effect in 2012. That blasted law COULD end up including Ma's home grown tomatoes especially if she gives any to the neighbors.

LOOK at the THREAD: Family Facing $4 Million in Fines for Selling Bunnies, to see how heavy handed the government is getting.

Given the wording I think there may be a hidden "Commerce Clause" in the new law (see bottom) and THAT is real bad news. This article is a lawyer's take on the Commerce Clause and home gardens: www.examiner.com...

I swear the government goon squads are in training for forcing the issue!

Henshaw Incident

...At 5:00 AM on September 12, 2006, Cindi and Danny Henshaw were awakened by their local Virginia game warden, who arrested Danny on an apparently trumped up Class 2 Misdemeanor charge and took him from his Willis River Hunting preserve for supposedly, “operating a mammalian hunting enclosure without a permit.” As soon as Danny was out of the way, 9 SUV’s and pickups, 4 wheelers, and numerous heavily armed agents entered the Henshaw property with a Quarantine Order and began shooting Henshaw’s hogs and sheep with 12 gauge shotguns. Some 270 shell casings were also found....

....Danny was released from custody in 2 hours and allowed to return to the farm where he and Cindi were controlled around the clock by armed guards from September 12th through September 22nd....
nonais.org...

A third case of US government abuse:

From the book review of MAD SHEEP by Linda Faillace

Linda Faillace's Mad Sheep is a tragic tale—tragic for the lives of those poor sheep, tragic for the shattered hopes of a family, but above all tragic for America...

In the mid-1990s Linda and Larry Faillace had a dream: they wanted to breed sheep and make cheese on their Vermont farm. They did the research, worked hard, followed the rules, and, after years of preparation and patience, built a successful, entrepreneurial business.

But just like that, their dream turned into a nightmare. The U.S. Department of Agriculture told them that the sheep they imported from Europe (with the USDA's seal of approval) carried a disease similar to the dreaded BSE or "mad cow disease." After months of surveillance--which included USDA agents spying from nearby mountaintops and comically hiding behind bushes--armed federal agents seized their flock. The animals were destroyed, the Faillace's lives turned upside down, all so that the USDA could show the U.S. meat industries that they were protecting America from mad cow disease--and by extension, easing fears among an increasingly wary population of meat-eaters.

Mad Sheep is the account of one family's struggle against a bullying and corrupt government agency that long ago abandoned the family farmer to serve the needs of corporate agriculture and the industrialization of our food supply.... www.chelseagreen.com...

And this is where it gets REALLY REALLY interesting

From a Summary of "Mad Sheep" by Linda Faillace

...Linda heard that there was more information at the USDA and used the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to request data from the USDA. Two weeks after the request, the FOIA revealed four hundred negative results on sheep, including additional negative tests on the four sheep that Rubenstein and the USDA claimed were positive!
jmyarlott.com...

Again a trumped up case of "disease" was used to go after an innocent family.

Heck they have even gone after grandma for her home-baked pies at church events!
Church Ladies Raided by ‘Food Safety’ Cops

Excerpts from the Law that broke the camels back:

...This Act may be cited as the "FDA Food Safety Modernization Act"....

SC. 103. HAZARD ANALYSIS AND RISK-BASED PREVENTIVE CONTROLS.

(a) In General.--Chapter IV (21 U.S.C. 341 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following: "SEC. 418. HAZARD ANALYSIS AND RISK-BASED PREVENTIVE CONTROLS.
"(a) In General.--The owner, operator, or agent in charge of a facility shall, in accordance with this section, evaluate the hazards that could affect food manufactured, processed, packed, or held by such facility, identify and implement preventive controls to significantly minimize or prevent the occurrence of such hazards and provide assurances that such food is not adulterated under section 402 or misbranded under section 403(w), monitor the performance of those controls, and maintain records of this monitoring as a matter of routine practice....

"(d) Monitoring of Effectiveness.--The owner, operator, or agent in charge of a facility shall monitor the effectiveness of the preventive controls implemented under subsection (c) to provide assurances that the outcomes described in subsection (c) shall be achieved.
"(e) Corrective Actions. --The owner, operator, or agent in charge of a facility shall establish procedures to ensure that, if the preventive controls implemented under subsection (c) are not properly implemented or are found to be ineffective--
"(1) appropriate action is taken to reduce the likelihood of recurrence of the implementation failure;
"(2) all affected food is evaluated for safety; and
"(3) all affected food is prevented from entering into commerce if the owner, operator or agent in charge of such facility cannot ensure that the affected food is not adulterated under section 402 or misbranded under section 403(w).

....shall publish a notice of proposed rulemaking in the Federal Register to promulgate regulations with respect to--
(i) activities that constitute on-farm packing or holding of food that is not grown, raised, or
consumed [[Page 124 STAT. 3897]] on such farm....

(d) Small Entity Compliance Policy Guide.

--Not later than 180 days after the issuance of the regulations promulgated under subsection (n) of section 418 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (as added by subsection (a)), the Secretary shall issue a small entity compliance policy guide setting forth in plain language the requirements of such section 418 and this section to assist small entities in complying with the hazard analysis and other activities required under such section 418 and this section....

SEC. 105. STANDARDS FOR PRODUCE SAFETY.
...he proposed rulemaking under paragraph (1) shall--
"(A) provide sufficient flexibility to be applicable to various types of entities engaged in the production and harvesting of fruits and vegetables that are raw agricultural commodities, including small businesses and entities that sell directly to consumers, and be appropriate to the scale and diversity of the production and harvesting of such commodities;

"(B) include, with respect to growing, harvesting, sorting, packing, and storage operations, science-based minimum standards related to soil amendments, hygiene, packaging, temperature controls, animals in the growing area, and water;

"(C) consider hazards that occur naturally, may be unintentionally introduced, or may be intentionally introduced, including by acts of terrorism;

"(D) take into consideration, consistent with ensuring enforceable public health protection, conservation and environmental practice standards and policies established by Federal natural resource conservation, wildlife conservation, and environmental agencies.....

(3) Flexibility for small businesses. --Notwithstanding paragraph (1)--
"(A) the regulations promulgated under this section shall apply to a small business (as defined in the regulation promulgated under subsection (a)(1)) after the date that is 1 year after the effective date of the final regulation under paragraph (1); and
"(B) the regulations promulgated under this section shall apply to a very small business (as defined in the regulation promulgated under subsection (a)(1)) after the date that is 2 years after the effective date of the final regulation under paragraph (1).

(c) Criteria.--
"(1) In general.--The regulations adopted under subsection (b) shall--
"(A) set forth those procedures, processes, and practices that the Secretary determines to minimize the risk of serious adverse health consequences or death, including procedures, processes, and practices that the Secretary determines to be reasonably necessary to prevent the introduction of known or reasonably foreseeable biological, chemical, and physical hazards, including hazards that occur naturally, may be unintentionally introduced, or may be intentionally introduced, including by acts of terrorism, into fruits and vegetables, including specific mixes or categories of fruits and vegetables, that are raw agricultural commodities and to provide reasonable assurances that the produce is not adulterated under section 402;
"(B) provide sufficient flexibility to be practicable for all sizes and types of businesses, including small businesses such as a small food processing facility co-located on a farm;... www.fda.gov...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

I agree 100%. The only thing that makes sense is that these pigs have been instructed to act like this. That means the order has come from the VERY TOP, likely above the president of course. There is no other explanation for this sickening pig behavior other than it has all been planned by the elites to crush Americans.

Oh please...stop with the drama.
"Orders from the top to crush Americans"..yeah, right.
At this rate, say 100 incidents per day, how many centuries would it take to affect a population of over 300 million? You'd think that "the VERY TOP, likely above the president of course", the elite, would have come up with a more efficient method?

Honestly, some of the stuff I read on ATS would make a statue roll it's eyes.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Everybody seems pretty mad about this without knowing all the facts. Maybe that dude in the wheelchair just got done sticking his fingers in some 6 year old girl. You still wanna cuddle his a$$ now?

Don't you know that he was told to molest the 6 yr old girl by "the Elite, above the president of course". It's all part of the grand plan to 'crush Americans'.

No, you cannot be right. It MUST be the cop's fault. It HAS TO BE the cop's fault! Stop being reasonable and start going along with us, you shameless fascist pig apologist you! If you disagree, then...then...well, I don't know. Just stop!

edit on 22-5-2011 by mishigas because: get my name-calling right haha

top topics

<< 1   >>

join