It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse documents (Office of Science & Technology): Near Earth Object (NEO) : dated 10/15/2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't know if you all have seen this, I did a search and didn't find this Whitehouse link. Have a look, it's very interesting

Whitehouse Documents
edit on 22-5-2011 by Swills because: Fix link & title

edit on 22-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It says no NEO large enough to present hazard is know to be on collision course with earth.

but I found it interesting that 50 to 150 tons of space material is dumped on the earth each day. Over time could this have an effect on earths mass equally effecting earths gravitational pull?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

I'm still digesting this document but I did read the Canadian Space Agency is soon to be launching a satellite to detect future NEOs. It looks like the western powers are looking to space for danger. Is SETI down due to lack of funding still or is it up & running?

Also, by 2025 the US wants to send man/robotic missions to inspect astroids for possible future NEO collisions. I can't help but think of "Armageddon"

"I'm leavin' on a jet plane...don't know if I'll be back again..."

Bottom of page 2, it talks about NASA identifying over 1000 NEOs (1 kilometer or larger) & of those 1000ish only 149 could ever pose a collision hazard for earth - with none of these presenting a threat to earth over the next century

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The Worlds SuperPowers will decide to deflect the incoming rock to either Africa or the Pacific Ocean.

Only small countries and poor people will be effected/killed. As long as you are in the 48 States and away from the coasts you'll be safe.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

Yes Earths mass is continually getting larger from objects colliding with the earth and objects entering the Atmosphere. This was much more common in the early stages of our solar system billions of years ago. The Earth was much smaller in its early past!

Now a days large collisions are rare though...

new topics

top topics

join