It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My second attempt at hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
When I registered, I put a bunch of effort into my introductory statement, and thought that I had posted it. But, the following day, I was unable to locate any trace of it, so today I'll try it again.

I remain surprised that I have registered on a conspiracy theory web site. What attracted me is the level of civility by members while discussing some very explosive issues. I enjoy exploring difficult issues, but strongly dislike the personal attacks that sometimes result on other types of bulletin boards. It is intriguing that so many people share interests in the absurd aspects of politics, and don't give in to overwhelming urges to snipe at each other. I like it.

I'm not sure that I understand the adoption thing, but if it is a useful thing to do, I guess I'd like to be adopted. My only requuirement is that the parenting style must not duplicate the one I actually grew up in.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
welcome to ATS Whodathunkit

the adoption thing is a member taking you under there wing so to speak to assist you if you have any questions problems. heres the link to the last page of the ats adopting www.abovetopsecret.com... as soon as you post it will notify you ready for adoption

need any help feel free to u2u me

happy posting and cya around the board

rynaldo

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. Yes, we're a pretty unique site. Check out BTS as well. Later.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey Whodathunkit,

make sure to check out bts enjoy ats have fun
tin foil hats 5$ each cya around the site
u2u me if yu need anyhthing
se7n.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What a polite tongue you have. May its civility take you to more secret places and last beyond the first week.

Did you know that horses in many parts of the world celebrate their birthdays on your registration date?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Masked Avator, your comment cracked me up.
My polite tongue is developing to the extreme because some people manage to become offended at me, and then blame me for it. I don't see myself as excessively liberal, but some very conservative people seem to take it personally when I give my honest opinion about our current president and administration.

I don't expect that to occur here at ATS, but... one can never be totally sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Welcome, Whodathunkit.

Hmmm... excessively liberal? Isn't that like being extremely average?

But never mind, I look forward to your contributions.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Welcome. You enter at a good time. Much is going on, much to participate in. Be sure to consider taking part in debates, collab stories and research projects!

cheerios
ktpr

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Buenos Dias
You came to the right place. Civility is encouraged and enforced. At some point you will see a member with a little red "WARN" under their name. If you click on it, it will take you to a post where they were not so civil. Also you might notice that you are earning points. If someone lets their mouth get out of control, they'll lose'em.

Points are good for all kinds of stuff. You can find out more in the FAQs.

Welcome, and we will see you around.

new topics

top topics

join