It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Explanation Harold Camping Will Use for the Absence of the Rapture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Come Monday, or sometime this week, Harold Camping will be releasing a statement regarding the absence of the rapture. I believe he will say something along the lines

that this should be a wake up call to everyone that wasn't taken away, and that most people must not be on good terms with the lord if they weren't taken. We must take the necessary steps to guarantee our salvation. It's not too late, and I want to help you get on God's good side.

I think many people will consider that a reasonable explanation and will continue to flock to him, and maybe even stepping up their donations to Family Radio, because they don't want to miss the bus a second time. And then his scheme can live on. Seems like a likely scenario a good businessman (conman) would draw out.

tl;dr Give me more money, or your definitely going to hell.
edit on 22-5-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by satron because: Yes, I meant Harold Camping

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Harold Camping you mean?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That would only have worked if at least some people, in a number large enough to draw attention, actually died. It would be pretty hard to sell the idea that out of 7 billion people not one was worthy...not even Camping himself. He was too definitive this time. At least in 94 he left some room for error.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

You make it sound as if the rapture Went AWOL

Ive got a feeling that the same amount of people who die every day died on Saturday, Harold should just give up and admit hes a Fool.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Is this a prediction? ;-)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Naa, he forgot to add in the difference of calendar switching to the gregorian in the 16th century..that will make him retweak his dates...also adding in the leap years, etc.

However, it would be a hoot if he came back and simply stated "Folks, I spent the days after the 21st rereading everything, recalculating, and over and over again I came to the same date..there can be no other possible date. This is gods word...therefore, christianity is a hoax..sorry folks, but this absolutely proves the nonsense that is the holy bible...
Now it appears we will have to be good people not because of fear of hell, but rather because thats who we want to be.
so, who is up for some pizza?!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My post on the same reasoning from yesterday

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't know, I saw somewhere his net worth was $72 million. That'll buy you a lot of exuses. It can also buy a lot of disappearance time. I wonder if he will go underground? I'm guessing not, given his age. He can just builded a gated concrete fortress somewhere and smirk at any irate mobs outside the walls from his balcony.

Another thing..it really doesn't matter what he says since the people who bought into this have such an enormous capacity for self-deception and self-delusion that they will grasp at any straws that tumble from the man's mouth if he puts any effort at all into it. His followers have invested their whole lives in this -- they want to believe. It won't take as much effort to convince most of them as you might think.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Perhaps he's not hiding, perhaps he is gone...

"He's not pinin,' he's passed on! This Camping is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! This is a late Camping! He's a stiff! Bereft of life,He rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he would be pushing up the daisies! His metabolical processes are of interest only to historians! He's hopped the twig! He's shuffled off this mortal coil! He's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This.... is an EX-CAMPING!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If Camping releases a statement, I think that is what it's going to sound like, seems like the logical reasoning behind why it didn't occur, granted he probably will reveal another date in the future, but I think that is the best foundation for the new date to be given.

Originally posted by SaberTruth
Is this a prediction? ;-)

Consider it an educated guess.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
He will use the 12-21- 2012 Nibiru crap as his next date , he will get all the new agers on board with him on this one, and make a ton of money . Guess what , nothing will happen on this date either , and Camping and his church will get filthy rich ,laughing all the way to the bank

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

I was at work around 9pm 21-5-2011 watching the world clock and pondering how he would save face after this, as their would be ALOT of people with questions, and indeed my mind kept returning to Niburu,,,it is certainly an unfounded theory but seemed the next logical step if he were ballsy enough to try and recover from this
edit on 22-5-2011 by Ethyrial Symphony because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethyrial Symphony
reply to post by bdb818888

I was at work around 9pm 21-5-2011 watching the world clock and pondering how he would save face after this, as their would be ALOT of people with questions, and indeed my mind kept returning to Niburu,,,it is certainly an unfounded theory but seemed the next logical step if he were ballsy enough to try and recover from this
It's the only "spiritual ammo" he's got left is the Nibiru theory , there's nothing left after that , not unless there is a major catastrophe that happens before then and millions of people die , then he will use that as the beginning of the Rapture .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's unfortunate, as I am a christian, albeit it an 'Eclectic Christian' as I've read all the apocryphal and pseudepigraphal texts, not to mention a plethora of other books on every other mono and polytheistic belief systems that I can get my hands on, and made my religious choice based on an informed decision.

It has distressing to follow this prediction as each and every prediction just adds fuel to the atheist argument against religion.

Now I am a strong believer in 'to each their own' so anyone can believe what they want, but I just see this whole May 21 debacle as sabotage on a global stage to the christian belief. I am a member of no church, as my belief is eclectic as aforementioned, but this whole May 21 rubbish has damaged Christianity universally.

I eagerly await his statement to see what he has to say for himself, for I believe the whole "WeCanKnow.org" and what have you, is a direct argument against Jesus' proclamation that 'No Man Knows...' and to proclaim Christ's return using the slogan 'We Can Know' being a direct argument against a quote from Christ himself...seems contradictory in itself.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

he's probably going on a nice long holiday with all his fiscal gains from mass hysteria.

This should have been a person that people laugh at, he should be selling pencils from a cup on the street, and preaching his wacky theories to the non-interested.

How do we let this nonsense into the main-media and are people that gullible that they'll give him money?!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

I know that a fair few Australian media outlets are in his local area trying to trace him, so they are intent on getting a statement.

It's fair to say that 2012 aside this is certainly one of the more publicized predictions since the millennium, and people are on tender hooks (certainly in the very least, Australians) awaiting an explanation/apology .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We need a new date, something to look forward to

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Depopulation anyone?

How about a proposal for all end of the worlders?

Next time someone says the end of the world will come "on this day", they all sign up on some website and they have up to the day before to remove their names. If they don't, then on that day, we all lynch them.

If we slowly reduce the number of crazy, insane, suicidal and destruction loving people, eventually, we'll be left with a population that actually uses their brain, right?

I hope nobody takes me too seriously.

edit on 22-5-2011 by realitycheckmate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow another thread about the failed rapture...who would have seen this coming? I will just paste my reply from one of the other 20 threads about this same subject.

After hours of meditation and careful consideration I have figured out the Top 10 reasons why the Rapture did not happen.

10) Even God wants to see the photos of Osama Bin Laden's body

9) God is waiting for George Lucas to make up for his last 3 Star Wars films.

8) Rapture is postponed until next week so God can find out who is the next American Idol

7) Chuck Norris's beard said, "Not today God"

6) God stopped to get a table dance

5) The bottom of your Rapture ticket clearly states, "Card Subject to Change"

4) It DID happen and the only person found worthy was Randy "The Macho Man" Savage

3) Heaven is in foreclosure

2) God was not allowed to come to Earth without first showing his long form Birth Certificate

and my number one reason why the Rapture did not happen.....

1) Fred Phelps is not yet finished spreading God's Will yet. Once that is done, then you can have your Rapture!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Wow another thread about the failed rapture...who would have seen this coming? I will just paste my reply from one of the other 20 threads about this same subject.

After hours of meditation and careful consideration I have figured out the Top 10 reasons why the Rapture did not happen.

10) Even God wants to see the photos of Osama Bin Laden's body

9) God is waiting for George Lucas to make up for his last 3 Star Wars films.

8) Rapture is postponed until next week so God can find out who is the next American Idol

7) Chuck Norris's beard said, "Not today God"

6) God stopped to get a table dance

5) The bottom of your Rapture ticket clearly states, "Card Subject to Change"

4) It DID happen and the only person found worthy was Randy "The Macho Man" Savage

3) Heaven is in foreclosure

2) God was not allowed to come to Earth without first showing his long form Birth Certificate

and my number one reason why the Rapture did not happen.....

1) Fred Phelps is not yet finished spreading God's Will yet. Once that is done, then you can have your Rapture!

You forgot another strong possibility.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join