It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After discovering The Truth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello everyone, today I was thinking about if eventually we know the truth behind all the conspiracies about extraterrestrials, what are we going to do ? Let me explain, we are all here because similar interests have united us, and our purpose is discovering what stands behind this "mystery", but when we know the truth about it, then what ? I know that a whole new world stands behind this (eventually), but the conspiracy will be over, and if it's "true", maybe the biggest conspiracy ever will be dead.
I want to know, what are your feelings about this, what do you think ? My sincere opinion is that I want to know the truth but at the same time I don't want to, because when it's over, I don't know what stands behind it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
When we know the truth, if ever in this lifetime, then we will have new discoveries to make. There will always be mysteries to us. Even when we think we know the truth of something, if we keep searching we may find something more or different to that certain mystery.

I understand where you are coming from, but I do not think it would be the end. It would give us a new beginning, a new start point to search for more. It's in our natures to do so. Life is exciting.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Well, I really hope so. But imagine, if hypothetically, every thing we "believe", is false, imagine that everything we stand here is just a manipulation. I don't know what will follow.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
you know as well as i do the truth in every piece to the puzzle of truth we find it changes the entire perception of the bigger picture.. intention and perception commons are what bring us together so far apart through the beautiful web of the internet. people can only be separated geographically for now, patience is key knowing whats on the horizon but not around the corner and thus is the beauty in the human condition is pure uncertainty, the power is that "they" know you fear. you are the truth the light and the love. you are of god and in god. do not worry do not fear. your peace is here within you not out there in physicality. if you have discovered god already in your own way you cant tell anyone else karmic principles will not let you, besides if you truly have discovered god the joy you feel and have as much as you desire to share it, you never would want to ruin the surprise for anyone else, no one did for me and they couldnt.

i tell you,it is so overwhelming the glory of god and the pure stunning majesty of the light its just truly glorious. only you can introduce your self to yourSELF.. wake up and turn "I" loose..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Morbidness

I don't think people want to hear the truth......to tell you the truth.....I think people want to think that it is someone as to something from some place else, and it can't harm us.

Ask yourself, why would someone from somewhere else care about us? We can't get along on this earth at all, but yet someone from somewhere else comes here, from millions and millions of miles away, and our government wants to know there space-ship tech? .........I would be asking how can your race all work together.....as to how did you get here....But that is just me.....

David Dee

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If it is all false, then I would feel really humiliated. I just started to really believe. hmm, I don't know what I would do or think. Good question.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good valid question.
In the event that a grand conspiracy was revealed, then whatever the conspiracy was about may give everyone something tangible to deal with. We would have plenty to occupy us.
Besides
Life is a mystery
We are a mystery
We should try to solve the mysteries, knowing that ultimately there will always be mystery

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morbidness

Well, I really hope so. But imagine, if hypothetically, every thing we "believe", is false, imagine that everything we stand here is just a manipulation. I don't know what will follow.

I had some 3rd and 4rd kind personal experiences. Not a chance, brother, not a chance.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eocrow

Indeed is a mystery, but, when some mysteries are solved the magic may be gone. As I said, there will be another world behind to explore but the fire may be gone. I say this because of death of the conspiracy and maybe the death of skepticism (in this particular field).

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You seem to say the word "truth" as though it were something finite. I am 52 years old and I can tell you that there are very few "truths" out there. I am somewhat embarrassed to say that many of the things I thought were the truth in my 20's are not truth today. It wasn't that long ago that the earth was flat. That was the "truth" ... and everyone knew it. My only advice is this : Once you think you know something, leave a little space at the end for editing - there is a huge difference between truths and beliefs.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Disclosure: Aliens of all shapes and sizes exist...we are one of many worlds
Loss: Cool alien conspiracy theories (and claims of people from venus)

New hotness: Are Dimensional creatures reachable...is our universe being visited by a different dimension?!
Gain: Galactic federation is denying the reports and is making fun of people whom believe in such nonsense.

Why won't the galactic federation release the UDA's (unidentified dimensional anomolys) information...We know that planet 51 has captured a secret dimensional portal ship...There was even a interview from Lob Bazar whistleblowing the experimentation...

etc..

point is, there will always be new mysteries to solve...its been this way since we dragged our hairy butts out of caves and wondered if there was a different tribe of people over that far away mountain, with the chief saying no, there is nothing there, etc.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

A part of my profile, which has stood unchanged for years:

We are either all alone in this Universe, or we are just one of many, perhaps trillions of other planets inhabited by sentient beings. But we can't be living in both scenarios - only one can be true...

The fantastic, incredible, enlightening corollary is that EITHER one of the truths in the above statement means an awesome responsibility and Earth-shaking destiny awaits within the future of humanity.

So you see, Mr. Morbiditiy, it does not matter, really, which truth becomes known, especially regarding human prognostications: human beings will have no choice but make a profound series of decisions about their future. If we are alone, then our sense of self-preservation and self-worth,as a species, will become paramount. My guess is that many so-called agnostics, perhaps even atheists, will suddenly "find" religion.

If, on the other hand, we become new members of an expansive, thriving, dynamic galactic community, then our sense of self-preservation and self-worth,as a species, will become paramount. My guess is that many lonely monotheistic adherents, will suddenly "find" a new perspective on their religion.

So there are similarities in the outcome of both scenarios. In either case, an immense, profound paradigm shift of human consciousness is inevitable, unavoidable, enlightening.

My only wish in life is that I am privileged enough to learn which truth humanity will face before I die...

As time marches on with no irrefutable, unambiguous answer it seems I will die with my wish unfulfilled, as will many others...

In any event - thanks for asking...

edit on 5/22/2011 by Outrageo because: ?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by Morbidness

I had some 3rd and 4rd kind personal experiences. Not a chance, brother, not a chance.

I second that motion!

Everyone's perspective is shaded on first- hand experience (or lack thereof.)

As John Corlett (manager of the Idaho United Press and a fifteen-year veteran reporter) stated to the newspapers back during the Roswell invasion:

"Until last night, I didn't believe in them. But now I know those 'saucers' aren't just a myth, part of someone's imagination...

It took seeing them with my own eyes to believe it."

or as best as can be put on another thread by member Red_xi:

"I believed after witnessing a craft first hand.
Not the dot in the sky type, the 25ft above your head type.
Messed my world up pretty bad that day.
I can understand that people won't bother to believe unless it smacks them in the face, that is one of the reasons why I never told that many people.

Even if they want to believe you, they can't.

Part of me wishes I never witnessed what I did.
Part of me wishes it never led me down my path.
And part of me wishes I was as ignorant as the day I was born.
I really hope that one day something will convince the minds of nations otherwise.
Because maybe, just maybe, I can then stop with the pretending and cast aside the feelings of isolation."

The best answers I can give to the thoughtful double- edged question in the OP are:

Will your current ego and identity survive the experience? - No

Will you come to a new understanding of reality? - Yes

Will you ever cross the line from curious or even pretty sure something is up, to -convinced-, without witnessing something first- hand?

I seriously doubt it. I would not have.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The best illustration of perspective that I was referring to, was told to me a few years back by someone I have known for decades.

He is a good friend who also is an investigator, and has been called "the ufo nut" by his father for ages, who is a pragmatic salt of the earth old school type of guy, and thinks his son is a fool for wasting his time on such matters.

Then, not long ago, things changed overnight. He was preparing for bed about 1 am, and was in the bathroom when he noticed an odd flickering of light coming from the window, which he could not see the source of from that vantage. He knew the next door neighbors were on vacation, and had left their teenagers home alone in charge of the house. Fearing that they had caught the house on fire, he raced down the stairs and outside into the yard.

When he got past his house and turned to see theirs, his life changed in a heartbeat. There, "silently hovering about 50 feet over their house, was a silvery disc, projecting various colored beams down on the house, flickering and moving around". His son interrupted at this point and asked "Oh **** did you get a picture??". His father replied "Hell NO I didn't get a picture, I was too busy ******** down both pant legs!!" (
)

The craft hovered motionless for about 30 seconds there, then the beams of light went out and it fairly slowly drifted off silently (at the same height) out of the (residential) neighborhood.
He was left shaken and not knowing what to do. He went back in his house and called the police, who told him to sleep it off, and when he got mad, they told him to call the airport. The airport told him they do not handle such matters. The local airbase told him they do not investigate such matters, perhaps a local UFO group could help him.

He was ready to go postal at that point, but after calming down for a minute and thinking, he realized "Ah HAH!, call my son!!" Which he did, and after relating what he saw, he lowered his voice and apologized to his son for all the years of abuse, and for not believing him as a son. His son just replied "welcome to the club."

The next day the father canvassed the neighborhood (big ufo investigator now lol) looking for anyone else who might have seen this amazing sight. Turned out an elderly woman across the street also saw the same thing he did, and down the block 2 different houses saw the craft leaving the neighborhood. Oh and the kids next door?.... turned out they were there, and slept through the whole thing.

Anyway, besides being a great sighting, I like how it shows that it is just matter of perspective, not a belief in UFO's.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i think we can not understand the final truth because our intellgence is not strong enough even if some ET want to explain it to us.

top topics

join