It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Pakistan Near Open War; Chinese Ultimatum Warns Washington Against Attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Couldnt have said it better.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drakmarine
reply to post by Dr UAE

You article proposes that somewhere between 200,000 to 500,000 barrels of oil are stolen each day because of lack of meters in Iraq. According to a variety of sources Iraq only produces somewhere in the neighborhood 2,000,000 barrels per day. You don't think they would notice 10%-25% of all the oil the country produces being stolen everyday? I think maybe your article is incorrect....

www.globalfirepower.com...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Drakmarine because: misinterpretation

It was also a four year old article too, and problems have probably have drastically improved since then.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Kali74 - I disagree. Disinformation is when certain 'characters' post willfully misleading information to a net discussion board, or within any other social hub (such as the pub, the post office, the sports events). They are usually as a result of military, judiciary or political motivations - or maybe engaged in corporate shenanigans etc.

Media content is provided by one main source - Reuters. It is scripted and controlled; the widely-spread report is justification to make it happen on the ground, or to persist with something that would have been shut down without a cover-story in place at the earliest opportunity.

We can guess that the personal interests of the Elite are on the agenda in the production planning meetings, in terms of which stories to lead with and what opinion to present. They may be played against each other for 'realism', as well as to maintain the partisanship facade; however, all the while they are willfully focusing the attention of the world on the velvet-gloved left hand while the iron right fist smacks them straight in the groin.

Misinformation is inaccurate or incomplete information which misleads by error or omission, entirely innocent by nature of the definition.

I think it's more likely that this OP, if there is any fault with the detail, is best described as misinformation - probably caused by adrenaline response. When the NWO End Game is coming together at an alarming rate, the sound of alarm bells ringing in a person's mind as the pieces slot into place can cause even the most level-headed to react with haste before diligence.

OP - I haven't read enough of the thread to decide whether your intentions were to sensationalise and deliberately misinform, or whether it really is deliberate disinformation, so I can't comment on that as a conclusion.

I'm just adding a note of caution, regarding the number of relatively new, anonymous or minimally active ATS members, who seem to be commenting on the OP commentary and subsequent support for the thread in an extremely derogatory and negative manner.

No smoke without the fire of a shill cook-out?

As I say, I haven't read enough to be sure. But it's worth bearing in mind...

edit on 23-5-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Utter BS all round

sorry OP but it did make me laugh out loud while reading over

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It is enough if they attack India - where a good part of the US software industry is actually based.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by watchitburn
The US always has Carriers in the Gulf. There is an entire fleet based in Bahrain.

It would be stupid for the US to get in another war, with anyone.

That has not stopped the U.S from doing so before...stupid seems to be the name of the game actually.

Interesting thing though...to all those naysayers that said Ron Paul was crazy for thinking Pakistan was on the radar for war....TOLD YOU SO!
edit on 22-5-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

Its not about "stupidity." If you want to talk about human intelligence, just look at what the majority of the human race chooses to do with its time...

Calling war "stupid" is redundant. War is a necessity. There has always been war, and there will always be war. The reasons dont make a difference.

At this point in history, the reasons for waging war are numerous. Diminishing resources, political power, are the commonly referenced few. But from what I have gathered from my many generations of family members who have served in the US Armed Forces, and have also worked for many defense contractors, aerospace companies etc, war is the only thing sustaining our economy at this point.

Everyone sites how much the govt spends on war, and I will agree that the amount of money spent is truly mind boggling.

But imagine what would happen if RIGHT NOW every troop was withdrawn from the hundred or so countries we occupy. Imagine what would happen when suddenly, millions of people came home with no job. Imagine what would happen to the billion dollar industries that are in existence only because of defense spending. Imagine all of those people losing their jobs.

We would turn into a third world country over night.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

You make an excellent point that know one cares to talk about. Yes it would be nice to not have to pay for military expenses or a war. But the effects of not having defense or security in place, would be ten times more costly.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There are many aspects to worry with while dealing with China, acts of aggression and ultimatum's are not! How about this for an ultimatum; we quit buying your cheap %$#@ and let your people starve!!

As matter of fact, our retard in charge takes this as a grain of sand!!

Obama said if elected in November 2008 he would be willing to attack inside Pakistan with or without approval from the Pakistani government, a move that would likely cause anxiety in the already troubled region.

www.reuters.com...

I do not see anything in the article about asking anyone for permission! One thing about the U.S.; we don't ask, we tell.

Now I have found (1) thing he said he will do that he actually followed through with!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
who gives a crap what china thinks

let me put it this way

next time the leaders of this country strike another place PERIOD

they will not only be making an act of war against them

they will be making an act of war against us

the people of the usa have had enough with the wars and want them over

if they try to start another war, they will be at war with the people of the usa

period

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If this article were true it's all the more reason to blow up Pakistan to kingdom come and get 2 enemies for 1. But since the only stupidity and craziness is in the article itself, I cannot elaborate further without wasting precious time I can better spend elsewhere.
edit on 23-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Ok...if Iraq was all about oil, and according to you so is Libya, care to share where exactly all the oil from Iraq is now?

Probably storing it in the underground salt mines in Texas.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Ok...if Iraq was all about oil, and according to you so is Libya, care to share where exactly all the oil from Iraq is now?

NO, it's not just about oil, it's about a lot of different resources that the MIC and other corporations want to exploit. Libya has tons of gold, for instance.

Iraq seems to be even more about keeping the petro-dollar going than pure resources alone. It's the same reason we've been eying Iran for so long. They started a futures market trading commodities outside of the USD...we don't much like that. We want to force the rest of the world to take our garbage, both literally, and figuratively speaking....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So the US and Pakistan are going to war? Excellent! No we can stop screwing around over there trying to win haerts and minds and just get on with the business of neutralizing the threat! At least when we declare war on Pak-Taliban-istan we don't have to worry about spending any more money on Pakistan unless it's to buy more bombs and ammmo to drop on theat hated country! Ans China wants in on it? Great, let's get busy with China too, let's see just how good they're war machine really is. Let's Rock!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Very interesting but something that the USA just will NOT be able to afford a war with Pakistan would have to bring China in somewhere and that could be devastating. Can someone tell me why they think the USA have been running all over the world starting wars and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians not to forget the many troops that died in the cause FOR WHAT. Iraq Afghanistan ect are no better off than they were they are NOT liberated from cruel dictators (as Bush led us to believe) With all the oil the USA are getting from these Countries every single American should be rolling in wealth but they aren’t are they the country is in a terrible state. It seems to me that these wars were not started for any nobler reason than to make a huge amount of money for a few individuals.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I suspect you have something to back that up?
Even if you dont , this is a real possibility ,one that i didnt see coming ,
And one that rings truth about it , Star

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Are our leaders in the U.S that stupid to mess with Pakistan? Seriously someone talk some sense into the higher ups.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapSolo
Are our leaders in the U.S that stupid to mess with Pakistan? Seriously someone talk some sense into the higher ups.

No, its just some made up story that someone wrote and people latched onto it as it was an actual news article.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is utter trash. It's not from a reputable news source in the least. You've been had.

The US will not attack Pakistan.

1) They are allies. Shaky relationship, yes. But allies nonetheless.
2) It would not be legal for the US to attack Pakistan.
3) Pakistan has a nuclear deterrent.
4) The order would have to come from Obama, and he sure as hell isn't going to issue an order like that. He's no pacifist, but he isn't a warmonger either.

What flabbergasts me is that ATS claims to be a site where we "deny ignorance", yet *every single thread* goes the same way:

-- Stupid indefensible claim made with appeal to personal authority, poor sources or general ignorance.

-- Nice post, star and flag for you.

-- Great, thanks for the excellent info.

-- I'm definitely going to watch this one pan out. S&F for you.

-- Bottom of page 1: someone finally pokes a hole in it.

-- 27 pages of posts go by, most of which is written by people who never even read to the bottom of page 1 to see that the thread was based on a completely false premise.

What totally amazes me is that *never* do we see the following:

-- Stupid indefensible claim made with appeal to personal authority, poor sources or general ignorance.

-- Wait, what!? I think we better check this out before we just gullibly accept it as fact. Let's check the OP's sources and make sure they are legit, authoritative, unbiased, confirmed, accurate, etc.

-- a number of people check it out and post correct info refuting the original claim, showing where it was based on a false premise

-- thread dies or evolves into discussion of a real conspiracy theory

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
give us more of your propaganda. life is a b#

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I find it rather funny, that when a subject comes up that some person had all the ansers. I FIND THAT FUNNY. shine on you crazy diamond.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join