It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Pakistan Near Open War; Chinese Ultimatum Warns Washington Against Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
India would not nuke the US over Pakistan LOL.

Yes China does have ICBMs but not so many as to overwhelm the US missile defense shield. So China would risk sending their 300 ICBMs (of which many or all may be intercepted) when the US has THOUSANDS that they could send back to China? The Chinese arent that dumb. The US could EASILY make mainland China non-existent in a matter of hours if not minutes.

Originally posted by UcDat

Pakistan doesnt have ICBMs. So again, how do they attack the US?

China does... So does India remember the BRICS ? Would they I dont know for sure a lot of bad blood between the two but even more with us...

I think the link said China only had 66 of them

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Three gorges dam ...... Boom! ....... Game over! Would not even have to be nuclear! China won't dare!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

read up on the oil pipeline they want/need in that area.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The source of this article, Webster Tarpley, is NWO conspiracy theorists. I have no problem with that, but he should here site a link for the source. He only says:

According to Pakistani diplomatic sources cited by the Times of India

as a source for his information. The article needs at least a credible newspaper source, not just his opinion. If it is from the Times in India then where is a link to this information to the Times?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Tarpley radio cast today:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What Chinese "ultimatum"? There hasnt been any talk of the US attacking Pakistan. Dumb thread.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Lol this man is a sensationalist fanatic. His very first sentence is incorrect when he says "China threatened retaliation." Obviously trying to sensationalize the fact that China would NEVER retaliate against the US unless we directly attacked them.

After that, he goes into an opinionated rant before even laying the factual groundwork. Typical conspiracy artist.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Like i said, dumbest thread ever and its based on some guy's opinion. No wonder ATS doesnt get any traction or credibility...its because of threads like this which unfortunately 90% of the threads on this site are like.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I hate my country so much, America you cause me nothing but grief and disrespect, with your over egotistic, lack no knowledge and self worthy, you piece of no good may you learn you lesson soon dear friend. . .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alkimyst

Get off your pity pot. It'll leave a ring.

Obama says he'd raid Pakistan again

LONDON (AP) — President Obama says he would order another covert military raid like that which killed Osama bin Laden if it was necessary to stop terrorist attacks.
Pakistan is furious that that United States sent Navy SEALs to raid bin Laden's Pakistan hideaway earlier this month without informing Pakistani authorities.

Obama told the BBC in an interview broadcast Sunday that "we are very respectful of the sovereignty of Pakistan," but "our job is to secure the United States."

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Alkimyst

Get off your pity pot. It'll leave a ring.

Obama says he'd raid Pakistan again

LONDON (AP) — President Obama says he would order another covert military raid like that which killed Osama bin Laden if it was necessary to stop terrorist attacks.
Pakistan is furious that that United States sent Navy SEALs to raid bin Laden's Pakistan hideaway earlier this month without informing Pakistani authorities.

Obama told the BBC in an interview broadcast Sunday that "we are very respectful of the sovereignty of Pakistan," but "our job is to secure the United States."

Where do you draw the line between disrespecting another nations sovereignty and secure the United States?

You can not say that another country is in the wrong if they do the same thing in future for the US has set the precadent.

Whats stopping China setting off a false flag in Shanghai, blaming Taiwanese independance terrorist and invading Taiwan? They are merely "securing China"....

Or Russia invading Georgia because of threats/attacks aginst Russian citizens in South Ossetia.,,,they are merely "securing Russia"......

Where does the absurdity end?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
has set the precadent....

Russia invading Georgia....

Where does the absurdity end?

Good question....

Russia and Georgia Clash

Published: August 8, 2008
GORI, Georgia — Russia conducted airstrikes on Georgian targets on Friday evening, escalating the conflict in a separatist area of Georgia that is shaping into a test of the power and military reach of an emboldened Kremlin. Earlier in the day, Russian troops and armored vehicles had rolled into South Ossetia

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

India would not nuke the US over Pakistan LOL.

Yes China does have ICBMs but not so many as to overwhelm the US missile defense shield. So China would risk sending their 300 ICBMs (of which many or all may be intercepted) when the US has THOUSANDS that they could send back to China? The Chinese arent that dumb. The US could EASILY make mainland China non-existent in a matter of hours if not minutes.

Originally posted by UcDat

Pakistan doesnt have ICBMs. So again, how do they attack the US?

China does... So does India remember the BRICS ? Would they I dont know for sure a lot of bad blood between the two but even more with us...

Hopefully your right and that they fear the Americans enough to hold back on striking back...

still Im not holding my breath either way we get hit now or we dont fact is we keep going like we are and it will happen.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
I've tried to verify the story but it appears things were exaggerated. China did ask US to respect Pakistans souvereignty in a demanding manner and reaffirmed their friendship with Pakistan but not as though they would retaliate any country attacking it's neighbour. Furthermore China asked Pakistan to continue their efforts making peace with their surrounding states and make sure they continue to fight terrorism on Pakistani soil.

Pakistan also took the oppertunity to ask China to built them a naval base. Recently they already received 50 fighter jets.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
economictimes.indiatimes.com...

The original post is yet another example of a non-fact checked article being presented as gospel for folks to froth at the mouth over. Nevermind that it made absolutely no logical sense, and that it was never reported in the MSM anywhere in the world (and let's be blunt - THIS would be news everyone would report), more importantly it was never independently verified.

Thanks for nothing OP
edit on 23-5-2011 by userid1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

First off, your wrong, its not about oil. Your brain might be fried by watching too much nbc. www.emeraldinsight.com... only 33% of our oil is importated. The rest is here in the United States.
2nd, we dont need oil at all from over seas. There are huge reserves bigger than any Kuwait, Iraq, or Iran. www.nextenergynews.com... If the left would get out of the way and let the united states drill within its own coast line and boarders, United States would have enough energy to suffice for several decades.
gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com...

And last, who gives a damn what China says. They are no competition for the United States. The US is light years ahead in deffense spending and technology. en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and since we were only after oil. (Me being sarcastic) I guess that is why we reparied buildings, schools, town centers, and provided medical attention, resources and training to the People of Iraq. Oh wait, that doesnt make since. Neither does anything you post.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste- Ad Council

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The point here is, that the United States has the greatest fleet of Nuclear Submarines in the world. ( 71-73 subs) The US could line the China coast and eliminate every citizen in China, and every citizen from the last 100 years. So I ask again, who gives a rat's behind what China or any other country tries to tell the US what to do?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
funny sources - sorry I don't buy it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

You article proposes that somewhere between 200,000 to 500,000 barrels of oil are stolen each day because of lack of meters in Iraq. According to a variety of sources Iraq only produces somewhere in the neighborhood 2,000,000 barrels per day. You don't think they would notice 10%-25% of all the oil the country produces being stolen everyday? I think maybe your article is incorrect....

www.globalfirepower.com...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Drakmarine because: misinterpretation

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Im starting to wonder if blogs should be allowed to be claimed as sources, to reinforce a posters opinion sure but not news sources. The US has not shown any signs of being close to an open war with Pakistan, furthermore China has issued no warning to the US about Pakistan. Disinofrmation at it's finest.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Ok...if Iraq was all about oil, and according to you so is Libya, care to share where exactly all the oil from Iraq is now?

Here is the expose showing the desire pre-Iraq:
www.independent.co.uk...

Here is where the oil is now:

..."In the event Iraq has held three rounds of bidding for contracts to manage and develop Iraqi oilfields since 2008. BP along with China's CNPC is heavily involved in Iraq's largest oilfield, Rumaila, in the far south on the Kuwaiti border. Royal Dutch Shell with Petronas of Malaysia has the contract for the Majnoon field on the border with Iran. Exxonmobil and Royal Dutch Shell are developing West Qurna 1."

www.independent.co.uk...
[e ditby]edit on 23-5-2011 by shanerz because: added relevent paragraph

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join