It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine state rep pulls gun on photographer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Maine state Rep. Frederick Ladd Wintle, a Republican from Garland, was arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon Saturday after a run-in with a press photographer, the Portland Press Herald reported.

When a person is elected to office; they become a public figure and should expect to be photographed and questioned. Waving a pistol around in a threatening manner probably doomed any hope of Rep. Wintle being elected to any higher office. And didn't do the NRA any service.

I'm curious to see if any members see this as rational behavior on the part of Rep Wintle.
edit on 22-5-2011 by whaaa because: PT PT PT

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
good mercy i know that the alcoholism in the "suits" is truly sickening. the old/ancient men running the world are making terrible decisions about future that does not even apply to them and we are the ones left behind to clean up the mess.. selfish fools blinding you from the truth and attempting to make your intuition out to be misleading.. the politics of politics, lying into law. people are sick with power and money if you dont like it heres a gun in your face and a concrete box to throw you in, thats what you get for surviving. pay for your own slavery and follow the ones that make it seem to be freedom, its like well if you work on a farm to stay alive its slavery but if its a whole planet busting ass to just stay alive... well atleast it doesnt FEEL like a farm... sickness is ignorance.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Wintle said he was looking for the baby's mother's drug dealer, then pulled a .22 caliber gun out of his waistband and waved it in Seamans' face at point-blank range

The wording makes it sound like Wintle was asserting that the gun was for his protection or to attack the mothers drug dealer... regardless if that's the case or he was threatening Seaman, this is not appropriate behavior. His intent isn't what's important, it's the fact that he waved a gun around... which is never well recieved. I question where his head was at...

I'm actually from Maine which is why this interested me, hopefully there is more to it..

Son of Oda

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't know which is the bigger story here; the state rep. pulling a gun on a photographer OR the state rep hunting down a drug dealer vigilante style.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Of course hecould always use the defense that the sugar content in
the donuts made him temporarily insane,

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is sort of alluding to a "good ol boy" system of vigilantism in Maine's politics/authority... isn't it? Because that's what it sounds like. A state rep doesn't pull a .22 (the perfect "hit-gun") on a journalist while bragging about pulling a hit, without having talked about this sort of thing to some fellow "good ol boys" in the state as well.

Me thinks this may happen a lot. Probably quite a bit. This sounds like something you'd expect from the south.
edit on 22-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I'm thinking alcohol played a big part in this fiasco.

My grandpa, who schooled me in the use of firearms always said that "gunpowder and alcohol don't mix"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm curious to see if any members see this as rational behavior on the part of Rep Wintle.

I would have thought this what typical republicans call their brand of rational behaviour.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I know- this sounds like something out of a Charles Bronson movie from the 70's.....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by Aggie Man

I know- this sounds like something out of a Charles Bronson movie from the 70's.....

With a .22.........

Naw this sounds more like a poor drunken fool that can't hold his liquor or think straight: caught up in some macho fantasy. More like a candidate for rehab, 90 and 90, and the 12 and 12. Pathetic really....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Is there an additional source that mentions the state rep. being under the influence of alcohol? I've seen several posts mentioning alcohol; yet, I see no mention of alcohol in the OP link.

Is this state rep notorious for being a drunk?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What the hell's happening to people's behavior nowadays? I learned many good rules in my life at a tender young age, which I continue to follow to this day, and three of them were never to wave a gun around, never point a gun at someone unless you plan to kill them, and never point a gun in the general direction of people.

If he were relating a story, he could have waved a doughnut. This is crazy.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's not his fault.

It's the Washington DC public water supply contaminated with toxic levels of LEAD.

They started putting Phosphoric Acid in the public water supply to try and stop the LEAD water pipes from leaching. Apparently they had to start using more chlorine in the public water supply and it resulted in the LEAD water pipes leaching out toxic levels of LEAD.

Hence why DC is crazy. We need a new Capitol. Our current one has a bad water supply effecting peoples brains.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
It's not his fault.

It's the Washington DC public water supply contaminated with toxic levels of LEAD.

They started putting Phosphoric Acid in the public water supply to try and stop the LEAD water pipes from leaching. Apparently they had to start using more chlorine in the public water supply and it resulted in the LEAD water pipes leaching out toxic levels of LEAD.

Hence why DC is crazy. We need a new Capitol. Our current one has a bad water supply effecting peoples brains.

I completely agree...........however....

But this happened in Maine.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This is absolutely not rational behavior.

He deserves whatever charges come to him as a result of his reckless and thoughtless behavior.

What a moron.

Edit:

Looks like I'm late in the game here. Just late enough to see people in this thread paint whole swaths of people with a broad brush over what one moron did.

Nice going guys.
edit on 31-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join