It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handicapped Man Picked Up From Wheelchair And SMASHED Into The Ground By D.C. Police.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Anybody even care what he did before you jump to conclusions.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It looked like he was resisting arrest.Good work officers for keeping this trash off the streets.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Once again,if you refuse to cooperate with police,you will be thrown down and cuffed.It is standard procedure to ensure the officers safety.Whatever your situation is,whether you are standing or sitting,it really doesnt matter,just cooperate and you wont be treated like that.Its really simple.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
First of all.....I HATE COPS!!!
YES!!!
ALL COPS!!!

They're ALL bad!!
Yes even the "good ones" are bad because they see what goes on and yet, do nothing.
They will all get what is coming to them soon enough.
How do I know???
Because Karma is a bitch that's how.

Moving right along,
I am begining to think that this man deserved it.
I am begining to think that every one of the "victims" you see in these "cops gone bad" videos deserved it.
YOU deserve it!
and yes I deserve it!

If you have to ask me why then you may be a bigger part of the problem than you think!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Over here we call them mobility scooters not wheel chairs. Usually assigned to the elderly and obese. The younger people with mobility problems generally get a free car.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Once again,if you refuse to cooperate with police,you will be thrown down and cuffed.It is standard procedure to ensure the officers safety.Whatever your situation is,whether you are standing or sitting,it really doesnt matter,just cooperate and you wont be treated like that.Its really simple.

Wow, I'd like to see you on the receiving end of that. Oh wait you must keep a tube full of KY jelly just for situations like this. Fact is that yes most of the time if you cooperate then you wont be treated like this but then again there is a point where force can become excessive, and i think that was a bit beyond that point.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He wasnt thrown,they just let his body weight and gravity work their magic.If you watch the end of the video,they let him have a sip of his 40 ounce beer.Them be some nice coppers.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I bet the cops will get punished. I have to have confidence in something.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuppy
I bet the cops will get punished. I have to have confidence in something.
Get punished for what?Being in a wheelchair doesnt exclude you from following police orders.Anybody in a wheelchair who resists will get thrown down and cuffed.It is standard procedure.Having a handicap is no excuse for resisiting arrest.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Eff the police. Eff, eff, eff the police. Oh, wait, I'm the police. And you're all under arrest for...obstruction of justice...or something I'll make up to put in the reports to make it seem legit.

But in all seriousness, working in the San Diego PD, I'll be the first to report some a-hole with a thirst for power and an even bigger thirst to abuse it because they were picked on while growing up. Then again, seeing this makes me not want to be a part of any of it. I still have a chance to decline employment...I mean I aced the exam and still have to go through the academy.

And I'm torn by people saying all cops are bad. To me this doesn't make sense. There ARE cops out there that actually care and do the right thing. Those are also the ones that will be right there to help you when you get mugged or assaulted or something like that. I'm not saying change your view on this completely, but have a little faith that there are some cops that are legit. I'll be one of them. Maybe.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
That crowd of people should have put a beat down on those cops. this is getting ridiculous. seriously officers, stay home until theres something serious, and maybe we'll call you.. but you guys suck lately

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is sick, *snip* sick! I seriously can not believe this, i mean, reallly!!! One of the "officers" claimed that he assaulted a police officer. He is crippled for Christ sake! I have had it, they need to be stopped, now!!

edit on 22-5-2011 by gallopinghordes because: please don't circumvent our censors.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

WHOA! Uncalled for man. I don't call you a loser because you bag groceries at your local supermarket do I?

Okay, that was uncalled for, too. But you see my point. I've been called a lot of things because of my choice in employment as it stand now. I'm a United States Marine. I've been called a murderer, a baby-killer(yes people still call us that) and even scum that's too dumb to make it in the real world. Your blind hatred is just...astounding...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Nice Try Troll. Sorry, your behaviour in this thread so far has made you so. I'm pretty sure that any worthwhile cop would have been like "hmm, i gotta arrest this guy.....but he's in a wheelchair. Lets place him on the ground then cuff him and put him back in his wheelchair."

BUT NO..., they decided to slam his face into the concrete. All while saying "Move along" and NOWHERE in the video does the cop give him a drink of anything.

You are just acting like a stupid fascist apologizer who's getting his kicks out of tearing down the people reacting to this video in the normal way. Any normal LEO would see this and scream misconduct. But no, continue to troll and contribute to the downfall of free civilization by thinking a badge gives cops the opportunity to go HULK SLAM on anyone they think is "disrespecting their authoritah"
edit on 22-5-2011 by Lynexon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This makes my stomach turn! Horrible conduct on the prt of "officer friendly". Why did it have to come to this? Hoe am I suppose to respect the law after seeing this crap?
edit on 22-5-2011 by skindoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Anybody even care what he did before you jump to conclusions.

please explain under what circumstances the police actions were justified?

from what i can tell there was no need for what they did regardless of what he did, he was not sitting in a 650 bhp fine tuned wheel chair so he was going nowhere. they could of easily took more care than what is seen in the video. if he could'nt walk and was resisting the handcuffs they could of gentley tipped him onto the pavement rolled him over and cuffed him. they seem to purposly put him into a standing postion just so they can slam with full force into the concrete, to teach him a lesson for resisting.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the video started too late. What really happened there?

Obviously those cops have some severe physical deprivation probably due to being overweight by about 40 lbs each respectively.

But did they do it for nothing. I can imagine seeing those cops trying to remove the mans beer because he was drinking in public, then he slapped their hands or tried to protect his beer somehow and it begins. More verbal persuasion might have been more effective.

The guy obviously resisted, i would have too if some ignorantly fat officer tried to beat me physically... just out of respect. If your going to be a cop, you should at least have some decency to watch your figure. otherwise you will end up landing on some poor sap during a take down and causing unneeded harm to others.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

very nice explanation!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Screwed

WHOA! Uncalled for man. I don't call you a loser because you bag groceries at your local supermarket do I?

Okay, that was uncalled for, too. But you see my point. I've been called a lot of things because of my choice in employment as it stand now. I'm a United States Marine. I've been called a murderer, a baby-killer(yes people still call us that) and even scum that's too dumb to make it in the real world. Your blind hatred is just...astounding...

Please don't misunderstand, I don't think you are a POS yet.
I'm sure you're a really great guy.
You and I could go out and have a few beers together and have a great time.

When and only when you become a cop will I referr to you as a POS.
UNLESS.......You do everything in your power to end the abuse of authority and corruption.
If you do that......you will be a superstar in my book!
Ohhh, and you'll be unemployed too.

As it stands, if you're a cop gainfully and currently employed then you are a POS!
I didn't make the rules they did. I just follow them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join