It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handicapped Man Picked Up From Wheelchair And SMASHED Into The Ground By D.C. Police.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Totally uncalled for. Did I hear that officer correctly.. move alone? Why .. so there won't be any witnesses to neglect of law and of civil rights?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Its as if thier training is burned into their brain like a cybernetic implant. They seem to have forgotten any kind of common sense, simply following a pattern of behaviour like drones.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That is so sick and disgusting, cops like that need more than serious retraining and anger management, they need jail time. If it were me, they would serve a life sentence, be fed the same meal each day, and have a finger broken at bedtime each night, well maybe not the last part but it would serve them right.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Absolutely scandalous police brutality. Hopefully they get sacked and sued. This sort of thing won't stop till serious punishments are meated out to these buffoons.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I may get allot of flack for this, but I am calling this a stunt or Hoax.

What we are also not seeing is a large portion of footage before they approached the wheelchair.

Something Stinks here.

This is just to way over-the-top to be real. Sorry that is just my opinion on this whole scene.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Those great tough cops really had a hard time with him, imagine if they had to do a high speed chase with 13 policecars behind that guy. [/sarcasm]

What would that guy do ride them over?
How long are the people letting this happen???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I may get allot of flack for this, but I am calling this a stunt or Hoax.

What we are also not seeing is a large portion of footage before they approached the wheelchair. o it

Something Stinks here.

This is just to way over-the-top to be real. Sorry that is just my opinion on this whole scene.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

I'm very suspicious as well. If the video is a genuine representation of police brutality it would be way way way more effective to show what led up to it.

Sorry, but this video is "out of context" and cannot be trusted.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This will continue to happen,you people voted for this,also if you all werent so gutless and at least had a set of balls too do something this might stop,when was the last time that say 20 or 30 people decided to get involved and say to the police hold on a second there,who do you guys think you are and tell them that they work for you.

You people have the power to stop this,and you sit idle and let the weak and infirm be treated this way.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is disgusting. The cops had no right to slam dude down the way that they did and had no authourity to threaten the cameraman.

Ladies and Gentelmen, The Police state is here courtesy of the NeoConserviBaggerNazi's!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

I'm with you and Real.

As soon as the clip started it seemed fake to me. Something with the uniforms seems off to me. On top of that, the way they approached him and took him to the ground looked choreographed.

It seemed as if the camera turned on right as someone yelled action.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's no bs. Here's the link where "Authorities said the man, who was not identified, "resisted arrest which resulted in him falling out of his wheelchair."

www.nydailynews.com...

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but if I were on a federal grand jury I know which way I'd vote.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

In defense of the Police, he was resisting arrest or cooperation profusely.. and thrashing wildly in retaliation. The two officers looked like they kind of fell forward with the guy. Instead of thrashing at the police, he should have used his hands and arms to block the fall.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

OldCorp. As active duty LEO with 23 years experience, I would like to take you up on your challenge. However I cannot since their is no apparent their defense for this action. Due to the proximity of the officers to the suspect and the body language of the officers it is apparent to me that the suspect did not pose any immediate threat. Other means of restraint could have been used for the purpose of detainment or arrest.

OldCorp, when I started my career in the late 80's we were public servants. Now in 2011 the police force is being militarized and the younger guard has adopted the, us (police) against them (citizens) feeling. Granted the world is different now but our job of protecting life and liberties of citizens in our community should never change. Unfortunately I feel the world is different now as well as the attitude of the new troops

For what its worth to the rest of you who will paint ALL LEO'S with a broad and negative brush, I can tell you that not all of us (police) subscribe to this form of enforcement. I am a supervisor and make darn sure my men and women honor their oath and treat all with respect. And that would include all of you that have no use for me or the profession..

OldCorp... Thank you for your service and I appreciate your post.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I cannot believe two able-bodied people would ever do something like that.

This is not the first video of i have seen of overt aggression by police officers.. but I still find it shocking.

Here in Australia, we have "bouncers" who have bad names.. for they have short tempers and large egos. This kind of behaviour is what one can expect from being ejected from a Club for whatever reason.

That guy was just on the street and was then set upon by two weak-as-piss thugs.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoSphere

lol its a bit hard to use your hands to break your fall when you have two officers holding onto them.
not all police are the same but if you excuse the actions of the two cops in the video then expect the same treatment if you are ever stopped by police. if you excuse it then you make it o.k. to happen to you or your family.

there is a reason such actions are condemned, and that is because you do not want it to become normal acceptable behaviour. of course some people will react with anger to what is seen, but to defend the policemen in question in the video is simply excusing their behaviour.

if people think others have tarred all police with the same brush then instead of defending brutality why not mention or show some of the good things the police do, it would make more sense than defending what is obviously an over the top arrest with intent to harm.

edit to add, one officer even trips the man up whilst both are holding his arms, so please explain how he could break the fall?
edit on 23-5-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

this got me mad

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I HATE cops! The biggest gang in America. And NO I don't call them if I need them. Never have Never will.

Their good for, NOTHING. Arm and protect yourself. They, have the right, to F**k people up on a daily basis. I live in Florida and see it everyday. No heart, No integrity, Cant convince me other wise. One on One they will never attempt soft as cotton, calling for back up....

Good cops? There are none, NONE. I don't care how many gang members "cops" on ATS who want to challenge that statement. Every single one from coast to coast, are in the game, to be able to break the law in one way or another. Be it speeding, drug dealing, MURDER, extortion you name it, they do it. The lowest form of humanity.

Slamming the helpless cripple, will help them push their chests out more and get high fives from the rest of the gang, I'm sure calls are coming in from all departments congratulating them on taking down another barbarian.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Despicable.

I'd hope everyone here would give the perps a piece of our mind if you witnessed such an abuse. I know I would.

"To Protect & Serve"

One must ask;

Who?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BioSafe

Hello, with your experience (and at the pace this thread has moved, page turning), did you (or anyone) note my post way back, [edit: on page 4]... where it was mentioned that the LEOs involved there work for the WMATA?

(Washington Metro Area Transit Authority).

www.wmata.com...

Now, can you elucidate the ATS audience on this, their jurisdictional authority, etc? And differences between them, and the local DC police?

I wonder because: I know that corner very well, as I used to live in the area, and used that Metro (subway) entrance regularly. They were on the public sidewalk, NOT in the Metro Transit System, it would appear.

Thoughts??

edit on Mon 23 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
I am seeking an alternative view.

No, you're fishing for excuses to justify attempted homicide.

How do we know the guy is actually disabled?

We assume he's disabled because we see him in a chair in the first shot.

You don't just get a motorized chair by sending in box tops.

Not making a medical diagnosis here, but this guy seems to have control over his legs.

As evidenced by the fact he doesn't move them at all.

Could be a drunk guy who has stolen the wheelchair from a genuine user.

Could be Osama bin Laden after a shave. Could be he knows where jimmy Hoffa is. Maybe he eats children's livers. Maybe he has the key codes to a thermonuclear device hidden up his ass and they need to get the jaws of life to chop his pelvis open and get them. Maybe we should stop relying so heavily on "maybe," because maybe "maybe" is utterly uninformative.

If that was the case, would we still be screaming 'brutality'?

Yes, because two cops suplexed a guy a third their size face-first onto concrete. Not by accident, they picked him up, and rammed his face into the sidewalk. Whether or not he "did something" would not justify this at all. There is no excuse, and you will never find one.

Not condoning violence, but this is not ringing true for me.

I need to know more before I judge

You're already judging it false and fishing for any number of asinine excuses to excuse the cops picking up a man and smashing his face into the road, completely intentionally.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join