It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Type of Security Clearance to work at Groom Lake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What type pf Security Clearance does one have to have in order to work at Groom Lake base (Area 51) ?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Its not clearance you need to work there but the knowledge, if you have the brain power and skills needed to complete the task the job is yours. You cannot apply for a job there like any other, you need to be "head hunted" to get in or be known in the power circles.

alternatively you can find a crashed UFO and tell them they can have it if they give you a job

Seriously tho you have raised a very good question, one that could be worth looking into.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think one needs to have a security clearance, at least a Top Secret SCI. Thats my guess though...

Correct me if I am worng, but even Palmdale and Edwards bases do require some kind of similar clearances for IT computer jobs.

As for Groom Lake, I do not think they have alot of IT Computer Admin jobs there...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My step-father worked there a long time ago for a welding contractor...he does not have any interesting stories really, which is kind of a bummer, but he did say that it was a pain in the butt to get to and from each day.

Nothing really to add...just thought it was interesting to know someone who worked at the site back in the day. I should probably be specific that he did not work for the goverment directly, but rather a contractor that was hired by the goverment to work there.

It's funny to think about it now but growing up around that area my whole life area 51 was never a secret to the locals, and seemed only to be a mystery to everyone else. We had no idea what they did there, in fact, I don't even remember caring or having a second thought about it.

Funny times those where in light of how much my views have changed over the past 20 or so years.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There are varying levels of TS.
Go look at the requirements to work for the NSA, and I am sure they are comparable.

Said it before, say it again. If you want the clearance, just be honest as they will find out.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
When the f117 stealth"fighter"program was going full bore at the Tonopah test range. I know support positions were filled by personal referrral.

If you were leaving you recommended your own replacement. I was in an equipment calibration and repair lab ( precision measurement equipment lab; i.e. a "PMEL technician")and a friend I worked with knew somebody who was leaving that assignment; he was chosen and rotated in and I found out he actually threw my name in the hat for his replacement( he asked if I was "interested"); But the program went public (came out of the "black") so they could use 'em.
IIRC a TS/SCI would be required. They aren't handed out like candy...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I always heard (though foggy for specifics from where) that a 'Q' Clearance was given for that specific place. I was on Nellis, never 51, which is part of the Nellis test range complex. But then, my understanding was that Q was for Nuclear work. Maybe I heard Q and 51 from Bob Lazar testimony. Or maybe Q is given to the (then?) Wackenhut security guards.
A good person to ask, would be one TD Barnes, who was on CoastToCoast very recently. Tonight, May 22, the National Geographic Channel is airing a special, 'Area 51 Declassified'. They'l probably be dismissive of Ufo stuff, though. (National Geographic is conservative like NOVA.... )

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I knew a security officer that worked out at A51 and his clearance level was classed

"Black Gold"

And he said there was nothing special going on out there beyond classified weapons research.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by darpa999
What type pf Security Clearance does one have to have in order to work at Groom Lake base (Area 51) ?

This is something most people get confused about who have never held a clearance.

It doesn't matter what clearance level you have, you have to have a "need to know" in order to do your job, before you get access to any classified project.

There is no " 007" card that gives instant access to all things classified.

As far as getting a job there or anywhere comparable; they will find and recruit you, you don't apply directly for a job at a facility like that.

LMAO @ "Black Gold" clearance: that is a case of massive smoke trails being introduced up someones rectum.
edit on 22-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Added

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I always heard (though foggy for specifics from where) that a 'Q' Clearance was given for that specific place. I was on Nellis, never 51, which is part of the Nellis test range complex. But then, my understanding was that Q was for Nuclear work. Maybe I heard Q and 51 from Bob Lazar testimony. Or maybe Q is given to the (then?) Wackenhut security guards.
A good person to ask, would be one TD Barnes, who was on CoastToCoast very recently. Tonight, May 22, the National Geographic Channel is airing a special, 'Area 51 Declassified'. They'l probably be dismissive of Ufo stuff, though. (National Geographic is conservative like NOVA.... )

Personally I've never heard ( oustside conspiracy sites )of a "Q" clearance. ( which would not be unusual if I wasn't read into the program).

I did manage to receive a TS/SCI for certain compartmented programs. they are casually identified by a codeword and letter .

For example (not real programs): If one were to work on a " pasta excited laser" project it might be compartmented "Rigatoni". Documents would be stamped "TS/R" You would be read into (allowed access)to various levels of "R" depending on your specific job; Your sci clearances would include "R" ( with no other explanation). Slots in programs (billets) are limited in number and tightly controlled and I think authorized by congress.

...One might say: "I've been read- in or "briefed" at level XX in "R"...Specifics would never be discussed even between people who hold the same clearances. I may work on the "Rigatoni" photon exciter module in building 1; you may work on the power supply in facility 2. We would never meet or see the finished product assembled in facility 3.( i.e."compartmented") very few see the whole picture in a compartmented program. Its serious business its taken seriously and it works.

new topics

top topics

join