It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans the most Intellegent lifeforms? I think Not!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ripple

I have to agree with you, We arent destructive because we are humans. Just about every living species on the planet's man goal is survival, if many other species were in our shoes, populace and intelligence wise, I'm sure they would be in the same situation. We are destructive because we have the urge to survive and we have yet to figure out how to survive without being destructive. You could almost say that "Nature intended it to be this way".

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

The thought of dying is what generates most fear. You throw someone out of a plane without a parachute and they'll freak out. It isn't the fall they're afraid of, its the sudden stop at the end. The same can be said of animals. I think you were confusing fear with intimidation. If a deer feels intimidated he'll move on or attack (a la the awesome vid of the hunter getting his ass kicked by a buck). General fight or flight response. Humans are no different.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I agree with what you said.... I don't see how it disagrees with my original point

maybe I should clarify my original point

the only difference between humans and animals is.....
......... that we know there are things beyond our control?
......... that we stress pointlessly about it?......

its easier to say we know, from early on, that we're going to die

is your point that there's no difference between us and animals? or you just don't like that idea?

how bout the difference between humans and animals is that.....
......... we think we're superior and can beat death?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

please identify the Holes in the Logic of this thread

We can study a plant but a plant cannot study us.
That there make's us more intellegent than a plant I would say.
We are the most unbalanced specie's that's for sure. The most intellegent by far. Animal's think of basic need's. The lion, the monkey, the fish and the bird are not going to save the planet from an asteroid, say.
We have more of a chance.
But then we are the most destructive, but that goe's with the intellegence.
When you are intellegent you not only think of scratching your.....and then humping, eating, crapping and survival, youre also thinking of other thing's, which the animals are not, yet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Gotcha! I see what you're getting at.
Howwww.... does that make us superior again?

Beating death makes us weaker as a species, not stronger. As in nature, we see perfected animals that go millions of years without change (sharks, gators, snakes, several mammal and insect species, etc), evolving to extents that they nearly have no natural predators (besides humans and a disease or two, if any).
Humans on the other hand, tend to weaken their own species by treating the weak and allowing them to breed, allowing our populations to live well beyond their constructive worth with meds and technology, causing our numbers to explode unnecessarily, filled to the brim with poor DNA samplings, many children born with terminal illnesses, who in turn are treated, and the cycle continues. Until we can learn a balance between responsibility and capability, we're going to be a lesser species.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Who was the true meaning of intelligent created by? A Human.

point made *face palm*

what is the title of the thread? "Humans the most Intellegent lifeforms? I think Not!"

so what is a more Intellegent lifeform? eerrrr i thought so

point made *pie face*

edit on 22/5/11 by Aceofclubs because: rouge letter

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Intelligence is a relative thing. Mankind bases its dominance on its accomplishments, but doesn't weigh the accomplishments on the scale of how these leaps and bounds in technology and lifestyle may affect the rest of the world?
For instance; we build an engine to drive a car. This car uses oil and pollutes the world. Are we better or worse than a deer that is still walking around the way nature intended?
Now take a look at the Octopus: They live relatively short lives, some as much as 5 years, most only live for months. In this short life they self-teach themselves to the average intelligence of a toddler. How smart would they be if they lived as long as humans?
I won't even get into the realm of plants, which have been discovered to actually have language.

With humans.... its all an ego thing.

S&F for waking up to the revelation that a human is just another animal.

Exactly...if we had not invented things like cars we may have managed to have work that is needed and useful close by and not become arranged in huge cities. Would probably become small family and village plots that lived with nature without destroying or the need for 5k purses with matching high heels! Lol!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I agree that we humans are sometimes ignorant to the devastation we cause to the enviroment. However, I have to disagree when you say that we aren't the most inteligent. We have so many different abilities that no other species have. Of course we aren't the strongest, fastest, or have the best reflexs compared to many other animals, but thats mostly likely because we dont need to be since we have the ability to do so much more. We can understand so many different things in great depth that our advancements in technology and science have come to substitute our physical abilities.
We are animals like the rest, no doubt, but look around, we've made it farther than so many other animals. It does have an effect on our ego, and at times blinds us to the fact that we need the enviroment and all the other species we coexist with. YOU have the choice to open your eyes and mind and not be destructive to the world, but it's up to you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I could not agree more with you. We once did have a pupose in this world but now all we have done is infected the Earth with a cancer and all other lifeforms on the planet.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I think agent Smith said it best. We are but parasites to this planet. It's sad but it true. We take to the point were we kill the land which we need , it's rediculous. And the reason thta alot of people don't have a perpose is the monatary system pure and simple. If you wanna eat you need money. You whanna have a roof over your head, you need money. Ok, you have a roof over your head but times are hard so you deside to go fishing. But you can't, you need a permit that costs money and if you caught fishing with out a liscence you'll pay alot of money if fines. Same goes for hunting. And the same goes for a heck of alot of stuff. You have to poney up the dow or else. We lost our perpose because it doesnt matter if you're a doctor of a garbadge man, being in bed with the right people will speak louder than your actions and that's a real shame.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

S&F

I am an animal rights activists however .........
My activism is against cruel/evil animal testing/research as it is unethical (If someone can explain how its ethical then i may listen)

Human beings are intelligent because humans tell themselves they are .... hows that for intelligence eh .....
I don't preach, I fight for animal rights, The needs of the animals (The Many) outweighs the needs of the few (Humans)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
When a cat decides to kill a mouse, I'm pretty sure it isn't thinking about whether the ecosystem can sustain the loss of the mouse.

This thread has big holes where the logic should go.

hmmm NO do cats kill mice then wear their fur as a coat???

humans do though: www.dailymotion.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Also animals DO KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO DIE, Ever Been To an abotoir????

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Gotcha! I see what you're getting at.
Howwww.... does that make us superior again?

Beating death makes us weaker as a species, not stronger. As in nature, we see perfected animals that go millions of years without change (sharks, gators, snakes, several mammal and insect species, etc), evolving to extents that they nearly have no natural predators (besides humans and a disease or two, if any).
Humans on the other hand, tend to weaken their own species by treating the weak and allowing them to breed, allowing our populations to live well beyond their constructive worth with meds and technology, causing our numbers to explode unnecessarily, filled to the brim with poor DNA samplings, many children born with terminal illnesses, who in turn are treated, and the cycle continues. Until we can learn a balance between responsibility and capability, we're going to be a lesser species.

oh I definitely agree and think we're on the same page - my point was NEVER that humans are superior - just that humans think they are.

a friend of mine sent me this link this morning - unsolicited - I thought it was interesting and its kinda along the lines of our discussion

www.documentarywire.com...

Description: EARTHLINGS is a feature length documentary about humanity’s absolute dependence on animals (for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research) but also illustrates our complete disrespect for these so-called “non-human providers"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

haha and I was thinking Agent K, Tommy Lee Jones:
............A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Might as well have not bothered responding to that, you haven't made any further point

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo

S&F

I am an animal rights activists however .........
My activism is against cruel/evil animal testing/research as it is unethical (If someone can explain how its ethical then i may listen)

Human beings are intelligent because humans tell themselves they are .... hows that for intelligence eh .....
I don't preach, I fight for animal rights, The needs of the animals (The Many) outweighs the needs of the few (Humans)

Exactly, Im not an activist because i prefer to keep quiet and not piss off anyone, However i definitely agree that animal testing and research is entirely wrong and that nature should just be left alone frankly

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
of course we are not the most intellegent.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join