It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans the most Intellegent lifeforms? I think Not!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by archasama

Now your whining at me making a point whilst your sitting at your PC flapping your adverse opinions all over the web in the effort to achieve what exactly, does it make you happy?, does it make you feel smarter than others?
In a way your showing just another form of natural aggressive behavior which is manifested in your head in a desperate attempt to put yourself above others and to oppress those you consider ignorant (which i guess is pretty much everybody) Face it, your still an animal but worse, an animal that believes hes greater than other animals for his free way of thinking and his ability to do things that others cant such as Building a Weapon to promote your distinct characteristics so you may create the world in your image, Its hilarious were all still animals yet strive to be Gods of our own wisdom.
Do i NEED to go and destroy things to make my point? No. That would be too human of me

edit on 22/5/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Intellegent and harmful don't mean the same thing humans are Intellegent thats why we are more harmful

the logic in this thread is weak

go look at the true meaning of Intellegent then show me a more Intellegent being...........you can't

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ripple

That's too Obvious

+ We as humans like to dissolve ourselves in the self-relishing social scene of the web (of our own creation), gives us that little bit of outlet to keep us going.
edit on 22/5/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Who was the true meaning of intelligent created by? A Human.

point made *face palm*

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The problem with humanity is this; very intelligent people generally have zero common sense. There are only a handful of people who are blessed with both.
I'll give you an example of one of these gifted humans. There is a water treatment plant in [I think] Dubai, that is 100% powered by Tidal movement, and then is powered even further by cascading water created by the first power seizing effort. The result is electricity for several neighborhoods while also desalinating sea water for drinking purposes. Ingenious!
Here's an example of a not so gifted human invention. A car that gets 40mpg by using Gas and Electricity, which does little for the environment, except give more money to the Oil & Coal industries. It is this mindset, this corporate stupidity fueled by greed that is why humanity will always be unbalanced in the world. Any species that cannot coexist on earth is a lesser species because of it. There are other creatures in nature that are as wreckless, but its humans that rank #1.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Yeah i think humans are divided by their ability's of Intelligence, common-sense, and Understanding. That's why it takes many people working together with different quality's and attributes to really achieve anything and then when whatever is meant to be achieved IS achieved it turns out to be a really stupid idea because it was an "Intelligent" person who thought up the idea in the first place

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

True. Saddly, a species is defined by its majority, and a majority of humans have their hands full of technology and not the decency to use it in a beneficial way for everyone [including our symbiotic fellow earth creatures]. We have it in us to be the greatest species this Universe has ever known, yet we are crippled by our own selfish narcissism.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Yep, its not who we are underneath its what we Do that defines us

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Great, you destroy a discussion by getting too emotional. You didn't really read my post. I brought up idea different from yours and what did you do? Went off topic.

I did not say that we are not animals. I did not say that we do not have instincts, in my post.

I did however send those hypocrites who say that they don't like the civilized world to live in the woods not to sit at PC. I can sit at PC because I am not stating that I hate civilized world nor I do. So please don't send me to woods.

Also I brought up an argument that humans are the only ones with a capability of rescuing various life forms of Earth if some time in future planet becomes uninhabitable. Do that by colonizing other planets or creating artificial biospheres on huge mother-ships or whatever.And this was the first and the most important subject of my post to which you did not respond.

Instead you responded to my last expressed idea in which I stated that you and I are not less responsible for the state our planet is in now and what the big corps are doing with it. Because we are not making any action against it but instead just having this meaningless discussion on ATS. I do not deny that I am responsible for the state Earth's is in now by doing nothing to prevent nature's destruction. At the same time there were several posts including yours that stated that you are not responsible for doing nothing to prevent nature's destruction and that the government and big corps alone are responsible for killing our planet, animals, nature.

I will put it in allegory: "If you were in a ROOM with YOUR MOTHER and a man who is killing your mother and you do nothing to save her - you'd be as responsible for her death as her killer is."

ROOM=Earth;
You=You;
YOUR MOTHER = Nature;
KILLER (a man who is killing your mother; remember "YOUR MOTHER" in this allegory is meant to be Nature.) = Big greedy corps, Government.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The problem is; its legal to kill a murderer in your home attacking you or your family, but its not legal to murder politicians, lobbyist, or Corporate CEOs. Until there's a way to rid our world of these handicaps, we'll be stuck in a hamster wheel of human self-destruction.
Maybe a nature based NWO is necessary for the expansion of humanity into the galaxy. Planet hopping, killing one world after the other is not acceptable.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

The one's who change the world aren't those who abide with rules but those who brake them.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Have at it, hoss. I'll be your alibi.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

That particular Batman never said Anything wise

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Especially not standing like that.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

No, i think the wisest thing he could do is to go to the Toilet To be honest

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The only thing that sets us apart from any other species is that we know we're going to die.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I don't buy that. Countless animals, especially pets who've grown ill, will wander off into the wilderness to die alone. I've experienced that myself. If animals didn't understand death, they wouldn't fear predators, or change habits during hunting season, or even weather.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I agre with you Schkeptick. The thread is very very altuistic. Animals don't do this .Plants don't do this. Examples:- the wilderbeast herds on the serengeti eat all the grass. Have to move on. Eat more grass. If enough grass the herd gets larger till theres not enuogh grass to go round. Result die offs. In other words just like man they rape their environment till destruction. Just because creatures in the wild are forced by nature to reach an equilibrium does not mean that those said creatures if given the oppertunity would eat themselves to extinction. Just as plants are one of the most vicious organisms on the planet. Because this happens in slow motion people choose to ignore it. Any tree you care to mention will kill anyother plant(even it's own species) that gets in its way in growing. There are thousands of examples of animals and plants behaving worse than human beings, killing and maiming their own and other species. So stop coming down so hard on humans. As for animals not making war you have not seen bands of chimps warring with oneanother, crocodiles fighting for space in a shrinking river. This in the animal kingdom is war and none of it is man made or man instigated. It will happen when man has gone the way of the dinosaurs.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
reply to post by Forevever

I don't buy that. Countless animals, especially pets who've grown ill, will wander off into the wilderness to die alone. I've experienced that myself. If animals didn't understand death, they wouldn't fear predators, or change habits during hunting season, or even weather.

they fear predators, they fear hunters, they fear weather - not necessarily the death it might bring

you can argue that elephants have peculiar habits at the time of death, as do some other animals, but they don't spend their entire lives worrying about it

we fear death... without reason - we spend our lives worrying, questioning, trying to prevent it - some even spend their lives wishing for it - it permeates our entire existance

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join