It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans the most Intellegent lifeforms? I think Not!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I find this logic entirely idiotic considering Humans cause ALL the problems on the earth Compared to common nature that flows and winds through time without really causing any problem to anyone, I am not one of these animal activists that like to preach about animal rights etc i believe that nature should never have been disturbed by us morons in the first place to be honest but all i can see is that Humans really don't fit in at all in "decent society" of the earth, we seem to have no purpose anymore other than to satisfy and improve ourselves whilst at the same time trying desperately not to let humanity come unstuck as if where heading somewhere Important or is as if it really matters what we achieve, what we become.
In reality nature has become what it needs to become, it seems to be a fine balance that seems to work yet would be able to thrive if we didn't keep oppressing it

I say to think ourselves more intelligent than a pretty much perfect system is pretty darn "Human" If you ask me

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
I find this logic entirely idiotic considering Humans cause ALL the problems on the earth Compared to common nature that flows and winds through time without really causing any problem to anyone, I am not one of these animal activists that like to preach about animal rights etc i believe that nature should never have been disturbed by us morons in the first place to be honest but all i can see is that Humans really don't fit in at all in "decent society" of the earth, we seem to have no purpose anymore other than to satisfy and improve ourselves whilst at the same time trying desperately not to let humanity come unstuck as if where heading somewhere Important or is as if it really matters what we achieve, what we become.
In reality nature has become what it needs to become, it seems to be a fine balance that seems to work yet would be able to thrive if we didn't keep oppressing it

I say to think ourselves more intelligent than a pretty much perfect system is pretty darn "Human" If you ask me

hi, i agree with you totaly.
all species live in harmony with the earth with the exceptance of us.
we have plunderd and raped the earth and at the same time have made some species extinct by our own doing.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Intelligence is a relative thing. Mankind bases its dominance on its accomplishments, but doesn't weigh the accomplishments on the scale of how these leaps and bounds in technology and lifestyle may affect the rest of the world?
For instance; we build an engine to drive a car. This car uses oil and pollutes the world. Are we better or worse than a deer that is still walking around the way nature intended?
Now take a look at the Octopus: They live relatively short lives, some as much as 5 years, most only live for months. In this short life they self-teach themselves to the average intelligence of a toddler. How smart would they be if they lived as long as humans?
I won't even get into the realm of plants, which have been discovered to actually have language.

With humans.... its all an ego thing.

S&F for waking up to the revelation that a human is just another animal.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i totally agree with you, i hate the feeling of being surrounded by 4 or more walls of concrete and then the city of concrete surrounding that. i would have preffered it if our civilisation continued to live with nature and in the forest instead of laying down roads and other belony to pave the way of what we live in today.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Thanks for posting an interesting thought.
For me a lot can be reduced to this human thing, that is to think ourselves outside the frame of nature. We're not out, we're nothing but part of it. We just tend to think otherwise because our brain and its wiring and our sociological setting force us to do so.

So if in the end "nature" (as we define it from a human perspective) is messed up by human activities, I wouldn't call that "bad" or "problem". I would take is a a very logical possibility enclosed in the being of nature. the only thing I hope is that such a "destruction" would help nature to get rid of that one species that tries to impose its childish urge for control so the rest of living things do have another shot to something.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
Intelligence is a relative thing. Mankind bases its dominance on its accomplishments, but doesn't weigh the accomplishments on the scale of how these leaps and bounds in technology and lifestyle may affect the rest of the world?
For instance; we build an engine to drive a car. This car uses oil and pollutes the world. Are we better or worse than a deer that is still walking around the way nature intended?
Now take a look at the Octopus: They live relatively short lives, some as much as 5 years, most only live for months. In this short life they self-teach themselves to the average intelligence of a toddler. How smart would they be if they lived as long as humans?
I won't even get into the realm of plants, which have been discovered to actually have language.

With humans.... its all an ego thing.

S&F for waking up to the revelation that humans are just another animal.

hi, have you got a link to show how plants talk to each other plz, sounds interesting....dav

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

He doesn't mean "Talking" in the human sense more like talking in the way a puddle of dog urine is like a Book to another dog

The way plants "Talk" is much more complicated than just opening ones mouth.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haribon
i totally agree with you, i hate the feeling of being surrounded by 4 or more walls of concrete and then the city of concrete surrounding that. i would have preffered it if our civilisation continued to live with nature and in the forest instead of laying down roads and other belony to pave the way of what we live in today.

We can't do that and live the way we do because we are using resources up faster than they can replenish themselves. Look at the US we are the disposable society we make things so that they will break down after a certain length of time because at the pace tech is advancing products are outdated within a year. Agent Smith was right humans are a virus.

edit on 22-5-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

He doesn't mean "Talking" in the human sense more like talking in the way a puddle of dog urine is like a Book to another dog

The way plants "Talk" is much more complicated than just opening ones mouth.

yes i am aware of that lol im not intoxicated
i meant in a way as certain plants may not thrive around other plants,and also wildlife that lives on and
eats the plants
cheers...no sarcasm intended...dave

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Mankind has lost its natural purpose....because of governments telling us what we have to do.

If there were no governments and we were re-wilded life would be sooooooooo much better.

We have been indoctrinated into believing our only purpose is to buy new crappy things before we need them...the elites have spent hundreds if not thousands of years destroying humanity for their personal gain.

We are living in a livestock management program where we are the dumb animals, this is not what humanity is really like.

I look at younger generations (im 31) and despair.
The young people of today are so wrapped up in having the latest gadgets and clothes, they have very little respect for anything or anyone. They dont care that slaves make their iphones, they dont care that slaves make most of their clothes....they only care about what people think about them, and strive to buy worthless/useless crap (because they have been conditioned).

Clever people have manipulated the masses from the beginning of time, this proves we are very intelligent. If we were stupid....we would live in peace like most other animals. We are the only species to start wars.....intelligence will be our downfall.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Why is it that when someone does something bad and unintelligent in many ways becomes "We"?
If someone else has done something that shouldn't of been done, then it's just him/her, if some people
have helped him/her then it's "they" but never is it "we" because man kind did lots of things that
are harmful to nature but it never becomes we. Im not going to list my self as stupid because
someone else did something of stupidity, the future generations are not responsible for the
crimes and acts of what the previous generations have commited, instead try to repair their
mistakes and educate the future.
edit on 22-5-2011 by foreshadower99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Here are a few Links:

Trees Talk
Tree Warfare Against Pests

There are scores of books and papers on this subject. Some are very interesting, showing how the shapes of trees is directly connected with the kind of energy that surrounds them. Interesting stuff. Enjoy the knowledge.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
When a cat decides to kill a mouse, I'm pretty sure it isn't thinking about whether the ecosystem can sustain the loss of the mouse.

This thread has big holes where the logic should go.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

The same can be said about the average poaching human or land developer.

[2nd line]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

How the hell is that a "Hole" in logic, think of one thing that animals do that can effect the ecosystem in a Negative and Un-natural way and then please identify the Holes in the Logic of this thread, its one thing flapping about an opinion, but making your opinion correct with facts is another.

And are you seriously suggesting that every time you buy fruit from a supermarket that you think about whether the ecosystem can be affected by its loss Or that you stop for a minute to think about the fact that you buying a GM crop is adversely effecting the natural environment for the pure fact that your demand of production of this un-natural fruit is sustaining GM crop business, Really, you think about that?,
edit on 22/5/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Here are a few Links:

Trees Talk
Tree Warfare Against Pests

There are scores of books and papers on this subject. Some are very interesting, showing how the shapes of trees is directly connected with the kind of energy that surrounds them. Interesting stuff. Enjoy the knowledge.

thanks alot for that....dave

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

to common nature that flows and winds through time without really causing any problem to anyone

Yeah, because Earthquakes, Tornadoes and Volcanoes are man-made, right? And those nature catastrophes only kill humans and not animals, right?
Or is it ok, when...say a couple of animals get burned alive after an volcanic explosion? Is it ok because it's stupid "mother nature"?

we seem to have no purpose anymore other than to satisfy and improve ourselves

and that's a bad thing, why?

The only problem with Humans is, that there are good and bad humans and of course it's mostly the bad things that are seen (from people like you for example)
But then again, every lifeform works that way. Animals kill each other and mostly for stupid reasons like "I want to be the leader of the pack" or even just for fun

And what is the most intelligent lifeform on this planet in your oppinion?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Earth isn't going to be here forever. Time will come when life on our planet wont be sustainable anymore. All plants, all animal, all fungus etc will die. We are the ones that actually have the capability to build Noah's Ark... Taking genetic material from Earth's plants, animals etc. to some other planet so that we would be able to protect life from destruction.

Are you saying that we should run around the world naked, live in trees/caves and die with all other life on Earth when the last days of Earth come?

Just saying... Dolphins can't build spaceships.

As for the whole humans will destroy Earth thing... No they wont. Maybe they will # up the planet so that we won't be able live here but after that Earth will heal itself.

As for those who say "bla bla blah... I hate my life living in a civilized world..." Go away! What's keeping you? There are plenty of uninhabited places where you'll be able to live in harmony with nature for the rest of your life.

Of course I agree that humans (more precisely - big companies) are destroying nature by polluting land, water - over exploiting nature's resources.
But that is as much your fault as it's theirs.
I see them drilling oil wells in sea. I see them cutting down trees.
But I don't see you damaging their equipment. Blowing their company's headquarters. I don't see you going into politics to control what they do and how they do their business.
But I see you sitting at PC and whining about it. Guess what? It doesn't really change a thing and the president of SHELL doesn't really give a f**k!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Humans are not bad, or a virus, humans are nature! We are all created on the same planet as everything else, we just happened to become more intelligent and larger than most other mass colony species. Do you think ants, termites or locust would be any less destructive if they were our size or had the brains that we have? There are many species of predatory insects and animals that ruin other members of that species and the environment that they mix with, we just happen to be a lot larger than they are. When we have burnt ourselves out as a species, the plane will just carry on as it did before we appeared.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
reply to post by TedHodgson

Earth isn't going to be here forever. Time will come when life on our planet wont be sustainable anymore. All plants, all animal, all fungus etc will die. We are the ones that actually have the capability to build Noah's Ark... Taking genetic material from Earth's plants, animals etc. to some other planet so that we would be able to protect life from destruction.

Are you saying that we should run around the world naked, live in trees/caves and die with all other life on Earth when the last days of Earth come?

Just saying... Dolphins can't build spaceships.

As for the whole humans will destroy Earth thing... No they wont. Maybe they will # up the planet so that we won't be able live here but after that Earth will heal itself.

As for those who say "bla bla blah... I hate my life living in a civilized world..." Go away! What's keeping you? There are plenty of uninhabited places where you'll be able to live in harmony with nature for the rest of your life.

Of course I agree that humans (more precisely - big companies) are destroying nature by polluting land, water - over exploiting nature's resources.
But that is as much your fault as it's theirs.
I see them drilling oil wells in sea. I see them cutting down trees.
But I don't see you damaging their equipment. Blowing their company's headquarters. I don't see you going into politics to control what they do and how they do their business.
But I see you sitting at PC and whining about it. Guess what? It doesn't really change a thing and the president of SHELL doesn't really give a f**k!

Agreed, some people are quite happy to sit on there laptop, thats made of plastic that comes from oil, using the internet thats powered by huge polluting power stations. If people are really that bothered, log off, move away and do one.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join