It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the seventh seal of Revelations been opened?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

If it had been opened there would be no Christians here to be made fun of, because they would be long gone.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think if the first seal was broken, we all would know it...God's not trying to keep it a mystery.

When the end starts you can be certain you won't need to ask if it happening...and by the time the seventh seal is broken if you are still wondering if it the end times...well then your doomed anyway.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I won't need luck, but you sure as hell will. Good luck with your superstitious life.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
I know that in some respects this seems like a stretch, but read the passage and then listen to what I have to say first....

Revelations Chapter 8

8:1 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

8:2 I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them.

8:3 Another angel came and stood over the altar, having a golden censer. Much incense was given to him, that he should add it to the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar which was before the throne.

8:4 The smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel's hand.

8:5 The angel took the censer, and he filled it with the fire of the altar, and threw it on the earth. There followed thunders, sounds, lightnings, and an earthquake.

8:6 The seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

8:7 The first sounded, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. One third of the earth was burnt up, and one third of the trees were burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

8:8 The second angel sounded, and something like a great burning mountain was thrown into the sea. One third of the sea became blood,

8:9 and one third of the living creatures which were in the sea died. One third of the ships were destroyed.

8:10 The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from the sky, burning like a torch, and it fell on one third of the rivers, and on the springs of the waters.

8:11 The name of the star is called "Wormwood." One third of the waters became wormwood. Many people died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

8:12 The fourth angel sounded, and one third of the sun was struck, and one third of the moon, and one third of the stars; so that one third of them would be darkened, and the day wouldn't shine for one third of it, and the night in the same way.

8:13 I saw, and I heard an eagle, flying in mid heaven, saying with a loud voice, "Woe! Woe! Woe for those who dwell on the earth, because of the other voices of the trumpets of the three angels, who are yet to sound!"

We all know that God is the creator and commander of nature, so these trials in the seals are going to be natural disasters. (Take the great flood of Noah for instance)

I know that Wormwood has not appeared (maybe it is on it's way - comet Elenin??) I have seen youtube videos that show a 3 day period where Elenin passes between the earth and the sun. If it is big enough, it could cause a partial eclipse (the 1/3 thing - ie some kind of twilight??) There are also random rumours and conspiracies about that Elenin may actually impact with the earth. It is certainly going to pass us very close by.

But read the part about the fish in the sea. How many reports are there these days of dead fish washing up on beaches? There have been so many this year I have lost count. No-one can explain why this is happening and it is happening globally. There have certainly been many cases of the seas turning red (as blood) thanks to toxic algal blooms.

There have been many many wildfires thanks to droughts globally in the last few years too. I am beginning to think that this seal is not a literal series of events that happen literally instantaneously but the 1/3's will be destroyed over a relatively short period of time.

And you only have to read in the papers about the dire shortage of clean drinkable water in the 3rd world. So there is plenty of poison water around too.

What does everyone think? Are the signs there, or am I stretching it a little?

.....is this a new Spielberg movie? Sounds exciting and 100% fiction. Right up his alley.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I think if the first seal was broken, we all would know it...God's not trying to keep it a mystery.

When the end starts you can be certain you won't need to ask if it happening...and by the time the seventh seal is broken if you are still wondering if it the end times...well then your doomed anyway.

Beloved, that which you seek is before you; you do not see it because you are expecting something which is not. That which you cannot see is maifested in that which you can see; the word of God is not complicated, it is easy enough that the unlearned can discern it from that which is before him: it is not discerned by intellectual minds; it is discerned by uncomplicated minds. The seals regard things which you already know about; but to understand these things you need to understand the subject, The Revelation of Jesus Christ: meaning, The revealing of Christ. Now discern the first seal:

The first seal: And the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw a white horse, and he that sat on him had a bow, and a crown was given to him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. In Genesis 16, the angel said to Hagar, Behold, you are with child, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael; because the LORD has heard your affliction. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man’s hand against him; and he shall dwell (spread) in the presence of all his brethren.

And in Genesis 21, the angel said to Hagar, Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in your hand; for I will make him a great nation; and God opened her eyes, and she saw the well of water (word of faith) reserved for Ishmael: Islam; thus the crown. And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, (uncultivated multitude of souls), and became an archer: thus the bow. As ordained, of Ishmael came Prophet Mohammed, who had a white steed, on which he was carried in a vision to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, and on which he went forth conquering and cultivating a multitude unto God: thus the white horse; but as with the other three beasts, after Mohammed, Islam also succumbed to a vile doctrine: discern Surah XV: 39.

You decry your own brother out of jealousy; you forget that you are also beloved of God, being of the same Spirit, and a member of the First Born Soul! Who amongst you will have two underage sons, both innocent, and unjustly condemn one to hell and set the other on a throne? Self-righteousness is not righteousness.

Do not be led astray, seeing yourself as better or superior to another: for you, the rich and the poor are all one and the same; it is God who is doing the work in you, both to will and to do of his good pleasure. He that sat on the white horse had the spirit of the Son of man in him; and this spirit is what went forth conquering ignorance in the wilderness of Arabia, a simulated land in the structure of your soul: for all that you see is within your soul.

Peace be with you!!!
edit on 22-5-2011 by Olise because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by Olise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned0625

I won't need luck, but you sure as hell will. Good luck with your superstitious life.

I don't need "luck", I have something MUCH better, Jesus. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Jesus has completely changed my life for the better and I give Him all the glory and praise!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

No.

It has not.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
To all of you who so vehemently deny this, I say that right at the beginning I said this was a stretch.

I am not from the world of Harold Camping and I am most certainly not guaranteed a place in heaven according to the same bible I am quoting from. In fact I am pretty sure I will be burning in hell with all the other unrighteous people when my time comes. So if anyone is motivated for this not to happen, it is me.

However, people need to remember that the bible is not always literal. Remember the Jews? They rejected Christ because they were expecting a king to arrive with great heavenly fanfare. When Jesus was born they were insulted, after all how could the saviour of Israel and all mankind be born in a stable?

Many people deny that the seals have been opened because they are expecting great fanfare and heavenly signs globally. But read the entire bible. When has this happened? The only truly global event was the great flood and that was 40 days of rain - no supernatural signs.

So, I am not trying to upset people here, but we must understand that just as the Jews are yet to realise, just because our expectations of what is written are not met, it does not mean that prophesy is not coming to pass. Too many of us, Christians included are living in a state of denial that our way of living is going to last forever, when the signs all around us point to a very different reality.

We do not know the day or hour of Christ's return, but we can read the signs around us and know that it inches closer day by day.

Read the parable of the 10 virgins from Matthew 25 and understand the prudence of preparedness. Notice that it mentions that the unwise faithful will slumber (denial) and not be prepared for the midnight cry (a sign or signs):

25:1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins
who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
25:2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
25:3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
25:4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
25:5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
25:6 And at midnight a cry was heard:
'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
25:7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
25:8 And the foolish said to the wise,
'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
25:9 But the wise answered, saying,
'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you;
but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came,
And those who were ready went in with him to the wedding;
and the door was shut.
25:11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying,
'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
25:12 But he answered and said,
'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
25:13 Watch therefore,
for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.
edit on 22-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It seems to me that the events following the seventh seal are much more drastic, as Revelation describes them, than anything we've seen so far.
Let me draw your attentuion to the attached discussion;
Battered planet

Incidentally, the "four horsemen" episode kills off a quarter of the world's population, as far as I can see. We ought to be looking out for that one, before we start looking for subsequent events.
Four Horsemen

edit on 22-5-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
knowledge of the second seal, for he that seeks it:

"And when the Lamb had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. And out came a red horse; and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and a great sword was given to him": Peter’s sword: Matthew 26: 52 and John 18: 10.

The rider of the red horse seeks to control the heavenly throne, supposing it to be on the temple mount in Jerusalem; and this signifies Christianity, which perpetrated religious conflicts, starting with the Christian Crusaders in its bid to reclaim Jerusalem from Islam, supposing it to be the spiritual center of the world, and supposing heavenly Jerusalem to be a terrestrial site, and supposing the temple mount which it had turned into a dungheap to be the throne site; perpetrating numerous torturous acts of evil against those it sought to convert, contrary to the admonition given in Luke 9: 53-56. Hence today it condemns anyone who does not buy into its self-righteous delusion; an example of whom was Hitler.

Peace be with you!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Prove it. Stop asserting a bunch of crap without evidence. I have something you don't have - It's called logic.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Prove it. Stop asserting a bunch of crap without evidence. I have something you don't have - It's called logic.

Really, how do you want me to prove to you that Jesus Christ has fundamentally changed every aspect of my life?? Why do I need evidence to state that Christ has transformed my life in a radical way??

I'm certain I'm more than qualified to testify that my life is completely different with Christ at the center than it was before.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Alright, move a mountain. Walk on water. Turn water into wine. Feed a big crowd with only enough to feed a few. Bring Mark Twain back to life. Down a gallon of cyanide and survive. Cure some lepers. According to Jesus, you can do all of this and more.

You did say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"...so it's not just 'my life is better'. It's 'my life is better and I have superpowers'.

So please, display the abilities described above. I'd love to talk to Mark Twain.

Of course, any psychologist would tell you that you're not necessarily the best person to determine whether or not you're better off. You might be better off with your religious belief, you might not. You are not able to objectively determine the full extent of your well being, even though someone could if provided the proper access to you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You did say "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"...so it's not just 'my life is better'. It's 'my life is better and I have superpowers'.

LOL! "Superpowers"!!!

"Have no fear, Christian man is HERE!!!!"

It's pretty rare for any Christian to have all gifts of the spirit. Paul, (who most likely had almost all the gifts of the Spirit) goes into this in depth in 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14. My gifts are prophecy/discernment and giving. I absolutely love to give, I don't know why, I'd go broke giving people things I see that they need. And am usually quite dejected why I don't have more $$ to allocate to different ministries/missions/needs. Most people have two strong gifts.

You appear to be quite confused. Paul goes on to explain spiritual gifts in chapters 12, 13, and 14 of 1 Corinthians. (Also see: Romans Ch. 12, 1 Peter Ch. 4, & Ephesians chapter 4.)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You are not able to objectively determine the full extent of your well being, even though someone could if provided the proper access to you.

Really? I figured it would be better for me now that I'm completely free from my addictions, immoralities, reckless & destructive lifestyle choices, and various unmentionable perversions. But you're right, this is 2011 when alternative lifestyles are all the rage these days. Perhaps I'm worse off now than when I was under the bondage of the above mentioned qualities.

Think I should contact Dr. Phil or Oprah and get a 2nd opinion??

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good post... I go with science not seals... I do hardcore fact not voodoo...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Qualified? You're not qualified at all. You don't know that a dead man magically changed your life. You merely believe it because you either grew up under the supervision of christian parents or were heavily influenced by someone/something else or maybe even both. Your so-called experience is not a fact simply because evidence is absent and there are many others of many different religions who also claim that other magical characters changed their lives. Evidence is entirely absent in all cases and none have ever been confirmed... ever.

By the way, I found this quite funny.

I figured it would be better for me now that I'm completely free from my addictions

Yeah. You traded some addictions for another addiction (your religion). I'd rather be addicted to drugs than some ridiculous superstition.
edit on 5/23/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Qualified? You're not qualified at all.

You know, you're right. I'm in no way qualified to tell anyone about my experience. Apparently you are however, which is quite amazing considering you never met me before I was born again.

You don't know that a dead man magically changed your life.

I certainly DO KNOW. (I used bold as well as italics so you'd really know I'm serious!) And btw, the tomb is still empty to this day. Be mad.

You --->
Me --->

You merely believe it because you either grew up under the supervision of christian parents or were heavily influenced by someone/something else or maybe even both.

What is this, some parallel universe where arbitrary prejudicial conjectures are used for legitimate criticisms? You know, it's a shame you haven't found the joy that surpasses all things like those of us who have been born again by the Holy Spirit. It's sad, I wish everyone could experience this joy and freedom, to not fear death, to be completely free in Jesus Christ.

Your so-called experience is not a fact simply because evidence is absent..

I completely disagree that "evidence is absent", I listed the "evidences" of my life that have been completely transformed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ and the work of His Holy Spirit in my life. Secondly, anyone who has an elementary understanding of fallacies of logic knows that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". But I'm sure you knew that since you stated earlier that you "have logic".

and there are many others of many different religions who also claim that other magical characters changed their lives.

Cool story, sweeeeeet...

wait, is Jesus a "dead man" or a "magical character"? I'm lyke confused now.

Evidence is entirely absent in all cases and none have ever been confirmed... ever.

Because you've personally verified all claims since the time of Christ.

I thought you claimed "logic" earlier. There is no way you or anyone else could study every claim "ever" made.

By the way, I found this quite funny.

(Honestly, I'm glad. I had started to feel a little paranoid that I was the only one here getting a good laugh over this discourse in general, and your previous claim to "logic" in particular. It's good you've found something to likewise take pleasure in.)

Yeah. You traded some addictions for another addiction (your religion). I'd rather be addicted to drugs than some ridiculous superstition.

I don't doubt that in the least. Being high on Jesus is waaaaaaaay better than other highs. And a lot cheaper too!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why do you keep making these threads???

The FIRST seal hasn't been opened yet!!!

How do you know ?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join