It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing white wall of sound.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

A picture of a jet fighter, breaking through the sound barrier. This occurs at about 1200km/h, or Mach1

The chances of capturing a picture like this is so small, a very hard picture to capture indeed!

Anyone knows perhaps, why the while cloud is visible when this occurs?

Vvv

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
The chances of capturing a picture like this is so small, a very hard picture to capture indeed!

Not really a "so small" chance. There are quite a large number of these photos.

Prandtl–Glauert singularity

Google images

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Lol, yes, maybe not "so small", but the equipment needed for it, plus the costs to capture it, is out of reach of the normal photography hobbiest.

Vvv

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

A picture of a jet fighter, breaking through the sound barrier. This occurs at about 1200km/h, or Mach1

Anyone knows perhaps, why the while cloud is visible when this occurs?

Vvv

Dude,
If you think this is a real photo,
\your retarded...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldave

It is not a real photo?

If it is not a real pic, please tell me how so, instead of just calling me retarded. I am under the impression it is real.

vvv

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If you can get anywhere near the next shuttle launch, or any large rocket launch and you have a big lens...

Shuttle
Ares

Now I also wonder if passengers aboard the old Concorde were able to get a photo.

edit on 22-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Edit again... some more good photos, the second having been taken at an Air Show...
newzonfire

edit on 22-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Awesome pics mate!!

But i geuss they are not real either, lol.

vvv

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave
Dude,
\your retarded...

Dude,
Please leave ATS
P.S picture is real there are loads of them so i guess your the one thats "Less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The shock wave causes the water vapor in the air to condense, thats what causes it.
and for those that think its just a fake, heres a video of one...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
LOL IT is a real photo, and the white wall is because of the differences in pressure causing the water vapour in the air to condense...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave

Dude,
\your retarded...

Your username appears to be missing an 'n'.

Messing!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

There is a thing called the internet. it's great. and you know what. It can also be used to research information on all sorts of things. Not just Kittehs!!

Also

ATS

Read it!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Heres Some back ground on the photo and how it was taken (settings etc)
wilk4.com...

Ensign John Gay could see the fighter plane drop from the sky heading toward the port side of the aircraft carrier Constellation. At 1,000 feet, the pilot drops the F/A-18C Hornet to increase his speed to 750 mph, vapor flickering off the curved surfaces of the plane.

In the precise moment a cloud in the shape of a farm-fresh egg forms around the Hornet 200 yards from the carrier, its engines rippling the Pacific Ocean just 75 feet below, Gay hears an explosion and snaps his camera shutter once. "I clicked the same time I heard the boom, and I knew I had it," Gay said.

And here is the wiki article on the evvect its self
en.wikipedia.org...

n humid air, the drop in temperature in the most rarefied portion of the shock wave (close to the aircraft) can bring the air temperature below its dew point, at which moisture condenses to form a visible cloud of microscopic water droplets. Since the pressure effect of the wave is reduced by its expansion (the same pressure effect is spread over a larger radius), the vapor effect also has a limited radius.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I also think you should leave ATS, your ignorance is a dangerous double sharpen blade; you are hurting yourself and nobody here wants to mop your blood on the floor.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

IMO, you lose the right to call someone "retarded" when you don't understand the difference between "your" and "you're"

On topic, I have seen quite a few of these photos and I think they are amazing. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen a video of this happening where a fighter jet was doing a very low fly by about 100ft off of the water.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Such a shame you called someone retarded, then made a comment which is exactly that. Of course it's real! I've seen this effect with my own eyes many times, why shouldn't it be photographed?

Can I ask, while dismissing this photo, do you, at the same time, believe in chemtrails, or Santa? That would be so ironic.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

There's an excellent video on you tube of two French Mirage F1's flying at low level over the Med which shows their jet eflux hitting the surface of the water causing it to displace to about 6 feet off the surface.
sorry I can't embed it.

top topics

join