It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old photograph of an UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I came across this old picture, of an apparent ufo over a street in china.

I have searched ats, and have not seen it here before, if i missed it, i apologize.

K's living in Gunma Prefecture, were found not to organize his father's old albums. It is said that the idea of ​​Shandong, Hebei, China or around 1942 or 1941. K's father is brought back to Japan I had a rare photos were being sold in China. Adamski-type so-called UFO look.
UFO on the road for right-wing people seem to be pointing to, UFO is said to be aware of that ....

I had to use google translate for the text, but the gist of it should be there.

Now, there is some speculation that it might be an old street lamp from the era hanging over the street. But in the article it is also discussed.

As a new interpretation, the argument that there is not directly attached to the lamp wires (Figure 2). It is hard to see wires are barely visible, if it was in China at that time, then possibility that we could help. However, that takes care of the unattached's only one in the middle of the road.

HERE is the link to the article.

Either way, fake or not, i love these old UFO pics. Let me know your thoughts on this pic please.

Vvv

edit on 22-5-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Now, there is some speculation that it might be an old street lamp from the era hanging over the street. But in the article it is also discussed.

As a new interpretation, the argument that there is not directly attached to the lamp wires (Figure 2). It is hard to see wires are barely visible, if it was in China at that time, then possibility that we could help. However, that takes care of the unattached's only one in the middle of the road.

Yes, remind me of this one:

Thanks for sharing, anyway, S&F

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I see a dǒulì that some one threw in the air..
a Chinese conical hat.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

Intersting theory indeed, but don't you think its a little bit to high? Or at that distance a bit to big, to be a hat?

Possible, but not likely.

VVv

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Well, those hats they are wearing look pretty aerodynamic...

I don't know. Can't really see the strings/wires that would hold it up as a lamp.

Looks like a great picture if you ask me.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

reply to post by sprocket2cog

Intersting theory indeed, but don't you think its a little bit to high? Or at that distance a bit to big, to be a hat?

Possible, but not likely.

VVv

Yeah its just a thoery, i just find it strange it looks like a typical movie style ufo.. but having seen the lamp photos in the other post ( i was posting when that went up) i do think its a lamp fitting.
i belive in ufos , but i think that for every one thats got a grain of truth there is at least 100 that dont..
so i like to play out every possiablity before i make my mind up
but your right its unlikely, its just my first thought.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

hi great pic
does the person at the bottom right seem to be pointing up at it?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Yes, you are correct, if you look at the article i linked, you will see they also ask the same question. So yeah, great eye mate.

vvv

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I'm at the point where just about all the UFO images I used to like have turned out be misidentifications, misleading or fakes.

In this case, it's looking like something hanging or caught on the wires that diagonally cross the street. Much like sneakers today, it isn't beyond belief that some happy guy (or windy day) has thrown his hat and had it get caught on the lines.

My list of interesting photos is fewer than ten and who can be sure even of them?!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Yeah old fotos are good stuff!
the only thing i say, is why do they look clunky and not hight tech and shiny n stuff...yeah not real technical i know...but they look well lame.
lol

but cool snap vvv.
Kdinsks i personally appreciate your opinion more than just about any other on u and e would love to see your top 10 photos in a thread

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Cool photo V, I think you've found one that hasn't been seen before.
S+F

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Either way, fake or not, i love these old UFO pics.
Since you put it that way.....

I swear It was not my intention to make you regret that short comment.
That statement created a snowball effect that was beyond my control.
Once it took off, there was no stopping it, until it reached the bottom.

I was searching around to see if I could find anything about the image you posted. I found this one that gives location details, that you may or may not have known.

While doing so, I came across a few sites, with other older images of........things that I cannot identify. The sites were all in Chinese (I think). I did not even attempt to translate, so I do not know anything about these sites or images. I just thought that others may possibly find some of these images to be interesting.

I might be in over my head here. Bear with me.

The previous 3 pics, were found on this page. There are 9 total images on that page. Click the 'Back' button at top or bottom of that page, or this link, and it will take you to a page that has a list of about 65 of these^ pages(10 or so pics on each); and a list of 70 short videos; and a few other lists. It all looks Greek Chinese to me.

Another, of the lists on that page, is of several different supposed Alien Pics & Videos (autopsy, and others, and idk's, and etc.)

Such as the following image, which is either an other, an idk, or an etc.

This little girl looks familiar to me, but not sure where (or if) I have seen this image before. At first glance, it appears to be a 'not-so-good fake.' Regardless, here is an article about it, that I found to be intriguing. The Cumberland Spaceman. May 23, 1964.

Disclaimer: I am not stating that any of these are real. I am merely stating that there is a whole bunch of them. Some of which are capable of arousing interest.

www.dreamland.szm.com...

it.sohu.com...
(This page also has the same image, of the man on the horse, that 'elevenaugust' posted)

www.mycould.com...

www.ttufo.com...

These are not necessarily the best picks. I just grabbed a couple from each site.

Snowflake~>~~>Snowball~~~>~~~~>Snow-Boulder!!!

I don't know. Hopefully, at least 1 person, can find 1 image in this post or in one of those links, that is interesting to them.

edit on 5/22/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Starred for taking so much time to post the images. From recall and subject to correction....

#1 - It's a hat. If you look at cleaner versions, there's little doubt.
#2 - Rome, 1967. Unexplained.
#3 - Hoaxed image from a newspaper - documented
#4 - In my mind it remains unexplained, but others are sure it's a beekeeper in full kit out for a walk.
#5 - Billy Meier fake
#6 - ????
#7 - The Heflin saucer shots. Apparently debunked as a model railway wheel suspended from a wire. I'm not convinced by the debunking and Ann Druffel has a decent analysis if you look.
#8 - IIRC, this is a hoax shot; there's an analysis on Forgetomori's site somewhere
#9 - RC model
#10 - Fake
#11 - Fake

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

#4 - In my mind it remains unexplained, but others are sure it's a beekeeper in full kit out for a walk.

You missed 1.

The little girl in the field, was actually the 5th. This was also the only one that I read anything about. The story behind it, is what interested me. Anyways, are you saying that others claim this one was intentionally hoaxed by James Templeton?

All of the pics I posted, were named by random .img numbers, except for 1.
"#6 - ????"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the pictures mate, most off those ones i have not seen before!!

Vvv

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I appreciate it that you commented in this thread. You are one of the guys i respect the most when it comes to ufo related topics, or pictures.

I would love it if you could make a thread about your top 10 pictures, i am sure there are many interesting ones there.

Totally agree with you on the point about pictures being called fake, or being proofed fake even. I just feel lately that no matter what you are able to find, relating to ufo's or aliens, it will get debunked, or proven a hoax or some other natural phenomenan.

VVv

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Thanks for posting those pictures! I've seen a few, like the one with the little girl, but the others I've never seen. It's always really cool and interesting to see photos taken waay back in the past.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Hello Circles, I posted in haste and went from memory. The first image was left out because it was from the OP and already commented on.

The Templeton photo isn't thought to be hoaxed by many people. It's been discussed to death and quite a few folk believe it's a beekeeper whilst others see it as a malformed jogger running past. For my money, it's simply unexplained and a puzzling image.

I made an effort to ID the Portland image and failed.

My appreciation for your effort was genuine; it takes time to stack images in the media account and not everyone recognises that.

Thanks for the kind words. I've got a couple of thread ideas on the backburner that are waiting for a rainy day and the right mood. It's hard to be original so highlighting some of the 'lost' cases is about where I'm at recently. I'll be sure to send you the next thread via u2u before it gets posted.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The picture of the little girl was interesting, (Cumberland Spaceman) lol did a little search for it found a wikipedia page.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Solway Firth Spaceman (also known as the Solway Spaceman and the Cumberland Spaceman) refers to a photograph taken in 1964 at Burgh Marsh, situated near Burgh by Sands and overlooking the Solway Firth in Cumbria, England. The image, which shows in the background a white figure in what the photographer Jim Templeton took for a space suit, remains unexplained. While it has been suggested by some that the figure is merely someone with their back to the camera, perhaps wearing a hat or helmet, Templeton insists that he did not see anyone present when the photograph was taken. The image has attracted interest from ufologists and has become a source of international fascination.[1]

The only other people on the marshes that day were a couple of old ladies, and although cows and sheep would have normally been plentiful, they were huddled together at the far end of the marsh.[2] In a letter to the Daily Mail in 2002, Templeton recalled, "I took three pictures of my daughter Elizabeth in a similar pose - and was shocked when the middle picture came back from Kodak displaying what looks like a spaceman in the background."[3] Templeton insists that he did not see the figure until after his photographs were developed, and analysts at Kodak confirmed that the photograph was genuine.[1]

Pretty Cool

edit on 23-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The Cumberland Spaceman photo is one that still gives me the creeps. I don't know how you can reasonably explain that one once you read the history of that photo. The photo has never been proven to be a fake and there is no logical explanation for what came out on that photograph except one, which is quite fantastic: the person in the suit thought he wasn't visible, but due to some glitch (or perhaps intentionally) he/she became visible for the very few seconds that the camera snapped the photo.

edit on 23-5-2011 by nanochicken because: More info

edit on 23-5-2011 by nanochicken because: grammar

top topics

<<   2 >>

join