It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the best sets of pictures I've ever seen...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Good stuff man! People need to appreciate this stuff more.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Not is all bad and evil? WTF? Are you kidding me?

Almost all of those photos show the destruction we've caused on our planet. A fricken coal mine in Africa? That's about the worst excuse for 'not all bad' I've ever seen.
Housing complexes, atom bomb epicentres, coal mines, freeways, solar power stations, Jesus Christ.
Keep your pictures of 'this is how we f*#k our planet' to yourself, especially if you're gonna portrat them as something beautiful and awe-inspiring.

edit on 22-5-2011 by manontrial because: (no reason given)

We like to think of a house and a car as unnatural, but guess what? A city is just as natural as a beehive, we are just a little more clever than a bee. It's not like there is only 1 city and everybody is like "wtf is that?" no cities are everywhere they are natural, even cities from thousands of years ago are still standing. Also everything we create is taken from the earth, making it natural, even those so called"chem trails"

I'm sorry you do not consider your own species awe-inspiring, it's the closest thing you will see to an alien civilization in your lifetimes, so get a good look at it.

Yes I get the point it is sad we destroy the world, but I heard this once and it stuck with me forever.

If you look at mold on a sandwich, you don't see individual mold cells, you see mold on a sandwich, and the only thing that mold's job is to do is to eat.

As a human being we have more bacteria in our gut than there has ever been people. Who is to say the earth is not some kind of super complex organism? It is certainly a host for life like us. Humans are the mold on the sandwich, and I think we are here to eat the sandwich.

& Great photos OP
edit on 23-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC
reply to post by TheUniverse

yes indeed it is, My Island, Tasmania is a paradise.
keep it a secret...

Also my home. It's such a lovely place, it's a shame it get overlooked. On the other hand that's what makes it such a nice place too.

Wineglass Bay (in the photo) is just one of the beautiful beaches along that east coast. The Bay of Fires at the northern end of the east coast is also just as stunning in my opinion.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Thankyou for sharing
Have seen these photoes at an exhibition some years ago
Happy you reminded me, and to see how beautiful this Earth truly is

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

I found exactly location of the beautiful sand dunes on Fraser Island in Australia if anyone wants to visit them one day i'm pretty handy with Google Earth/ Google maps

Google MAPS: -25.294371, 153.204947

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f63ad4349e2c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ed377a1be4f.jpg[/atsimg]

These truly are so beautiful! Australia i want to go there someday..
edit on 22-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

My God! That's not Fraser island. That's the footprint of a giant Yeti.
You must be a disinfo agent from ASIO trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

the 3rd picture in your post is one of the best pictures i've ever seen of an island! Do you know what island that is i don't remember seeing that in the OP's pics!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

i wonder do you agree that mankind is a parasite on mother earth

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The difference between the man made rubbish and natures true beauty is ex-amplified brilliantly with these pics..

We need to stop!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

I'm impressed with your tact and diplomacy. You have an impressive way with words.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

Let me say, first of all, that we as humans certainly aren't perfect. But the people who suggest that we are somehow a fluke, like we are separate from nature, are idiots. We humans are just as much part of the big picture as the rest of "nature". To suggest that there is "nature" then there is "man", is just stupid. Like, one single guy flew his rocket ship to earth from somewhere else and decided to set up camp and brought his wife and kids back.

Whether you believe in creation or evolution, in either case, WE are just as much a part of the master plan as the green grass that you have your panties in a knot over. We're not an aberration. If we are, then so is everything else, like the sand dunes, mountains, rain forests, etc.

And for those of you who really feel like man is a parasite on Mother Earth, feel free to stop consuming. Feel free to set up a tent in the woods or find yourself a nice comfy cave to live it. Or, better yet, find a nice, serene cliff to jump off. That way you wouldn't contribute to the damage. Just making suggestions on how you can do your part.
edit on 23-5-2011 by General.Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
the 3rd picture in your post is one of the best pictures i've ever seen of an island! Do you know what island that is i don't remember seeing that in the OP's pics!

I was wondering if anyone would catch my switch. I got that pic from a thread that was similar to this one, showing many aerial pics. I looked for the thread, but couldn't find it.

Easter Island has been built around 3 main volcanoes (Poike, Rano Kau and Terevaka) and 70 vents. It is one of the most isolated inhabited islands in the world.

www.volcanolive.com...

I'm not very familiar with them, so thanks. I was wanting to do this anyways.
One of the pics, in the group that the OP of this thread linked to, said 'Easter Island, Chile.'
As far as I know, it is either Poike or Terevaka.

Rano Kau volcano in Rapa Nui National Park, Easter Island, Chile
^^ This is the one I posted.^^

Google Earth Coordinates: 27°11'8.78"S 109°26'9.61"W

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by manontrial
Almost all of those photos show the destruction we've caused on our planet.
That is exactly why.

It is not yours. It is not mine. It is not ours. She is beautiful, but she belongs to nobody. Mother Earth may not always be the nicest, and at times she may seem to be a bit cruel, but she allows us to live here. We do not own her.

No matter what the situation is, the best 1st step towards change, should be taken by one's self. The solution begins with the person that you see in the mirror.

To the OP-

reply to post by notonsamepage
Since your comment, is not worthy of an official reply, I will give you this-

Originally posted by notonsamepage
so,,, that means we can do whatever we want just because we are not the owners? what is that?

No.

edit on 5/22/11 by BrokenCircles because: mmmmhmm

Well said friend.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

my reply to this can not be posted

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join