It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell us your close calls with danger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm interested in hearing peoples experiences with evil or danger. When i was four or five years old i was walking the few streets to my grandma's when a car stopped and a man and woman told me that my parents had sent them to collect me and take me home. I can remember refusing but they were so convincing and i was starting to wonder if something had happened and i was considering getting in the car, especially when the woman started to get annoyed and said i was going to be in real trouble. Luckily an old lady in the small village in the north of England where i lived shouted over to ask me what was happening. The couple drove off really abruptly after giving me the most evil looks. I always wonder if it was Brady and Hindley as it would have been around 1965 when this happened (maybe earlier) Even if it wasn't them they were definetely up to no good as my dad said they had never sent anyone for me. Thank god i didn't get in. In later years i was walking home from my mum's near Scarborough North Yorkshire when a van driver asked me for directions. When i went nearer to tell him the way i was rambling on to him about the best way to the place he had asked to be directed to when i realized he was just staring at me with the most evil sneer on his face as if he hated women. I was miles from home but luckily even though it was the countryside there were a few houses so i walked as fast as i could to the next house and walked up the driveway as if i lived there. I am extra wary now when out and about as there are some purely evil humans out there.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I stared down the wrong end of 3 AR-15's one early morning. I nearly crapped myself.

That is all I will say, other than I did not get charged with anything.

The law enforcement agencies do not play around.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
off the top of my head there's so many it's like where do I even begin and if I say one, i'll have to say them all.
the most prevalent memory...i'm walking down a poorly lit street in the middle of the night on my way home from a summer party when a car rolls up and stops. the man at the wheel asks, "do you want to die?" I say no.
he points a handgun at me. he asks "do you want to get shot?" I say, no. he drives away.

someone called 911 on me for having a gun in my car, but it was a toy for my film class project, the cops surrounded my car with their guns pointed at me, tell me to get on the ground, I get a knee to the neck and the handcuffs were so tight. thrown in the back of the squad car for all the people driving by to see.

like I said there's so many...driving i've had soooooooo many alone. fights, like 5+ major ones 1 for my life, the others,
I just manhandled them because of the experience from the first. another random experience, we were camping, out for a night walk, it's quiet, all of the sudden it sounds like theres a huge gun battle not too far away. like duck take cover and head the other way.
up in the sunshine coast theres some winding roads along side cliffs, I was riding in the back of a pickup and one of the wheels slipped and the whole truck almost went over the side. I was on the back on the side where the wheel was off and I could see down below, it was literally like 600ft if you can imagine.

like I said too many.
edit on 22-5-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by transubstantiation

When I was about 5 or 6, I was playing with my little brother. He couldn't reach a book he wanted so I climbed up on the bookshelf. He then screamed that there was a man in the window. I looked to the window directly behind me and there was a large man with a beard staring at me. His face was nearly touching the window. I screamed for my dad and the man fled.

about 5 years later, I was home alone with a teenage babysitter. We stayed up late playing Super Mario Bros 3. (had to mention the game by name cuz it rocks!) anyways... we finally went to bed around midnight and I thought I saw a shadow by my window again. A few moments later I heard the front door get kicked in and our alarm 60 second quiet alert went off. I could hear someone walking through the house. I hid as fast as possible, and so did my brother and babysitter (who was crying hysterically). When the loud alarm went off, the person fled. 45 minutes later, the police showed up. We stayed hidden the whole time. Not sure if it was the same man or a crook. My dad is a pro drummer and we lived in a rather large house back then in a suburb of Los Angeles, so it could have been just a burglar. The funny thing was it took 45 mins for the cops to show up when the police station was a 5 minute drive away.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Aww man when I was around 14 - 15 me and my friends went to the local hospital, which was being knocked down. We were trying to get into the clock tower but the builders had hacked the wooden stairs down and we couldn't go no further. So were on the 3rd maybe 4th floor of the building and started scaring one another when I decided it would be funny to run ahead and then jump out. I ran ahead and ran through some doors, I felt myself falling and grabbed the door handle, as the door began to close back I threw myself to where I'd come from.... When I opened the door again I looked down and seen they had removed all the floors in the main hall, it was the biggest drop I'd ever seen, on the bottom was a bed of jagged edges and broken glass.
One of my friends went to run through those very same doors and I pushed him back he got up mad as hell. Then when I showed him we had a smoke lol, scariest thing....

I had nightmares for weeks..

Another time, this is just plain retarded... But me and my cousin had just seen Home Alone and y'know that one bit where he glues the nail to the stairs, and Marv put's his foot through the nail? Yeah well Me and my cousin found a plank with a nail on i said "Hey watch, who's this?" And proceeded to put my foot on it, only my brain was like OH HE WANTS TO WALK!! ALL SYSTEMS ONLINE!!! and I couldn't stop my foot from moving slowly.... I put my foot through it.
TL;DR: I put my foot through a nail because my brain was half alseep or not working.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There I was, three thousand feet over the LZ caught in the shearline. Thought I was going to die.

I also ran through a glass door when I was 9.

I also got caught inside at Pipeline when a cleanup set came through.

I also...

Am I still here?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
when i was about 10 i stopped to let a black cat cross my path and would have got hit by lightning if i hadn't

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
#1--One night when I was about 12 years old, my parents were out for the evening. They left my older step-sister(16) to babysit me and my two younger sisters. Around midnight we heard someone at the door messing with the lock. We all freaked out for about ten seconds before I grabbed a spare shower curtain rod from the hall closet and wedged it between the door and the foot of the stairs. We decided to run upstairs to call the police and hide, but the phones weren't working - which scared us even more. Whoever was trying to get in finally gave up and left. Afterwards it was probably a month before I could sleep without waking up feeling terrified.

#2--Around the age of 14, I was playing baseball down the street from my house with some neighborhood kids. They happened to have a Great Dane as their family pet. In retrospect, the parents were probably some of the worst. The dog had his face in a bag of chips, munching away. Of course I walked by without thinking twice and then I became a bag of chips. Their Dog decided I was a threat and lunged for my throat, luckily I was fast enough to put my elbow up in time to catch his teeth. After getting stitched up and sent home, my dad asked the dog owners to at least pay for the medications since it was their dog, which they rudely refused to do.

#3--At age 18 I dated a lunatic. Being the compassionate person I am, when he asked me to hide his car keys to prevent him from gambling, I obliged. Since he gave specific instructions to not give into his requests "no matter what" I didn't. When I didn't, he thought it'd be appropriate to get his loaded gun and put it to my head. I gave him the keys. I also never spoke to him again.

There are more but I should probably stop here

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
One time at the top of the stairs I started to walk down and almost forgot where the next stair was. It was literally life of death.

Yup Death almost had his hand on my shoulder that day.
edit on 22/5/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

When I was about 4 my dad took me out for icecream. There was a man that the police were looking for who was off his meds and trying to commit suicide by driving like a maniac hitting whatever was in his path (I don't know how it was hard for the authorities to find him..?)...anyways, he was on the same road as us (we had no clue) and my dad randomly decided to take the long way home, so as he was getting into the right lane to make the turn, the man drove past us trying to hit us, missed us by about an inch (our car rattled) and hit the lady in the van in front of us. They both burst into flames, I still remember sitting in the front seat (before there was a law about children sitting in the front) and seeing them pull out the bodies...
One of my worst memories.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
I'm interested in hearing peoples experiences with evil or danger. When i was four or five years old i was walking the few streets to my grandma's when a car stopped and a man and woman told me that my parents had sent them to collect me and take me home. I can remember refusing but they were so convincing and i was starting to wonder if something had happened and i was considering getting in the car, especially when the woman started to get annoyed and said i was going to be in real trouble.

You certainly were fortunate!
When my sister and I were children, maybe 6 and 8 years old, Dad took us to a local swimming pool as he often did on a Saturday. We got out and got dressed, ready to meet Dad in the foyer at 4 pm, as we'd been told, and when we went there, in the foyer was my dad's friend Bill P. He said our dad was ill, so he'd been asked to pick us up... and I refused to go with him!
I said, and it was true, that Dad had told us never to get in a car with a strange man - and Bill got very upset - he was a friend of our Dad's which in my 8 year old mind didn't stop him being strange!
In the end, Bill asked the woman at the Pool to let us use the phone to phone our parents, and Mum explained that yes, Dad had had an asthma attack (his one and only!) and had sent Bill to pick us up - so we went home. Dad refused to tell us off, because I had obeyed him albeit in the teeth of logic!)
I know my story isn't strictly what you asked for, but your anecdote made me remember it - Dad was from the North of England and this was 1964! Sorry...
Vicky

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

in 2009 i was on holiday in luxor egypt , i left the hotel bar around 3 am and decided that i would go out and see if i could buy some hash , i walked into the old town area and asked the first person that i saw , he was around 25/30 years old , he said he could sort me out but we had to go in a taxi to his place .
when we got there a friend of his started to roll up some joints for me .
the atmosphere was quite pleasant until another young man came into the room , then the atmosphere went cold .
the young man was wearing a narrow bandana around his forehead .
it was then suggested that we go for a drink and we set off in the taxi with bandada driving.
as we was about to pass a police check point he took his bandana off and slipped it under his seat.
by this time i was beginning to get a little nervous .
we seemed to be heading for the desert but this route would be taking me passed my hotel, as we neared my hotel i said that i wanted to be sick and for them to stop the car .
when i got out of the car i started to walk to the hotel , they was about to stop me when the hotel security police started to walk down to meet me with his hand on his holster . he knew something was not quite right .

the next evening i was telling some of the other guests about this in the bar , they said i was probabley going to be mugged , but the bar man said no , they would have taken me out into the desert and killed me and the chances are that my body would never be found . just another missing person .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I've had way too many close calls. All of which I've narrowly avoided by sheer luck. The most recent brush with death/severe injury was around a year ago.

I was driving into class, taking the route I always take. I got to an intersection that I have to take a left on, and when I got the green I wasn't able to pull into the intersection because the woman in the car across from me was going straight. Normally, I pull into the intersection anyway and just wait for the cars going straight to go by me. But for some reason, I didn't that day.
Anyways, the light turned green and the woman across the intersection from me went straight and all of a sudden another car ran the red light and T-boned the woman's car. A few feet in front of me I watched the two cars collide and the woman grabbed her head and fell forward onto the steering wheel. Her car went out of control and turned towards my car. Luckily no one was behind me, so my instincts kicked in and I went into reverse just in time to avoid being the third car in the crash. Right afterwards, I just got out of my car and ran to the woman who was just hit while I shakily called the police.

Had that woman not been there going straight, I would have been inside the intersection when the car ran the red. And my car is mostly glass, so had I been hit, it would have been a little worse.

I felt pretty bad for the other woman, the one who ran the red. She wasn't from the area and the signal was hidden by a tree branch. So she had no idea the signal was there. Obviously had she been going slower she would have seen cars in the intersection and could have made an educated guess that... yes, there is a light there. But she didn't. It was just a bad luck situation all around... and I happened to have good luck that day.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Better to be safe than sorry, there must be many people who came to regret being too polite to refuse doing something they didn't want to do. As you get older being polite is the least of our concerns when faced with danger, but good for you for sticking to your guns even though it was your dad's friend.
edit on 22/5/11 by transubstantiation because: spelling mistake

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hmm ALOT has happend to me but when i was growing up i was hit by 4 cars 1 limo a moto X bike and a double decker bus...yup very unlucky, when i was 14 my dad bought me a gun and few days later went to the store and i could hear someone trying to get into my house through the back door so i looked through the window and there was nobody there so i went to the back door and could see something black walking up and down a few steps then trying the door so i grabbed my gun and waited for whatever it was to get through if it could and then about 30mins later my parents come home and turns out the door was unlocked and they freaked out with me for holding the gun loaded in the house and i told them what happend so they went to the guy over the road called gez and looked at his CCTV he has pointed at street that you can see anyone who comes up to our house or any houses in range of it...anyway they looked and there was nothing there just the door handle moving on its own so that scared the crap outa me
When i was 15 2 guys pulled a stanley knife out on me and said do i wanna get my face cut up...scared the crap outa me but i went went mental and they ran off(still dont know why unless i looked like a pshyco lol)
edit on 22-5-2011 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

my friend Nathan ran into a glass door when he was nine. He was in the hospital for a really long time. My mom bought him a giant transformer's the movie toy (the original cartoon movie).

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Danger, what is that?

I was tortured by 3 men who hacked into me with an axe, smashed several bottles and 2 guitars on me, hit me with an iron stick and many more things. This happened in my apartment and at some point they wanted to take me to some basement somewhere else where they wanted to continue the torture and eventually wanted to kill me. These guys were on coc aine and in their paranoid they thought that I, while working as a cabbie, had send the cops on them the day before. There was little I could do, at some point I had to wash up and change my shirt because I was, just like the entire apartment, covered in blood. I was guarded by one of them while they were getting their car. I didn't panic but waited for the moment his attention was at his mobile phone. I ran out the kitchen through my front door, I literally jumped down 3 stairs and fell into the floor, crawled towards the door while getting up, which was difficult because I almost broke my arm during that fall and ran out the door. I ran half naked several blocks and fled into a drugstore where they called the emergency services. The State Attorney called it a miracle I survived that horror. I will never forget the look in the eyes of the main perpetrator during the torture. But it wasn't the last time I saw that look.

Not long after this happened I picked up work again and started in another town as a cabbie on the night shift. Several weeks all went well until one night I picked up a young guy and his friends. They were the kinds which you don't mess with. I had to drive to his ex-girlfriend and he started to make trouble there while his guys waited in the car. The guy came back into the car and had the same look in his eyes. That was one of my last rides as a cabbie.

I worked in the delivery business after that, worked myself up as a vice-director of a small company and was in the end assaulted by the director after a small conflict about the trash in the cars.

Several years later during a visit at a friend I was the victim of a robbery with lots of violence. We were tied up, our mouths were sealed with tape and besides beating us up they used tasers on us and put a gun onto our heads. They broke several rips of my friend. Beside some bruises and a burned spot in my neck from the taser I was pretty much unharmed. Time goes very slow during such event.

I was threatened with a knife, beaten and chased with a large tile by a girl who had gone psychotic due to her mental illness.

I was also unexpectedly choked by an evil looking older boy from behind and got almost unconsciousness as I was 9.

I've been shot at with an air-gun by a classmate who thought it was funny to shoot with lead at me and another classmate when I was 13.

Many close calls in traffic, near misses with oncoming traffic, stuff like that.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
My experience is similar to yours, Transubstantiation- except I was around 14.

I had been to visit my school-friends who lived a couple of miles away from me one evening and we had been involved in the usual teenage drinking of cider in the local park. At about 10.30, everyone started to drift home- which meant I faced a long walk up a dark road by my school, alone.

About half way along the road, a white van pulled up with a couple around the age of 40ish in it. They acted very friendly and asked why I was walking out that late and said it wasn't safe- that the'y drop me home. Alarm bells went in my head and I firmly declined. I nearly ran all the way home. Luckily that was the end of it.

About 3 years later, the Fred and Rose West case broke. They used to drive around Gloucestershire, where I am from, in a white van looking for victims. I am so glad the alarm bells went off in my head. Doesn't bare thinking about.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MavisCruet

Yes the two times i was most creeped out and felt alarm bells ringing it was from humans not a fear of ghosts or darkness. I would rather face a ghost or haunted house any day/night rather than the evil of some people. I feel sorry for those girls who ignored their alarm bells ringing or who never got that warning. I always listen to my instincts.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I agree, humans are far more scary than anything unexplained/ supernatural. Unfortunately, some people can and will seek to harm others. Not sure why I get the alarm bells, but I always trust them. Certain people I will not go near as I get bad vibes off them,

Have you had any other instances where your alarm bells have gone off?

I had some dodgy bloke following me around Waterstones and creepily staring at me, a couple of weeks ago. I moved through the different floors to shake him off (without success). I ended up stopping for a coffee in there and luckily that got rid of him. I knew it wouldn't be good if he saw where I went when I left.

Perhaps trusting that gut instinct gets drowned out in some people because of the busy, urbanised modern lives we lead? Whatever the explanation, I am glad mine works!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join