It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ultimatum to US? 'Any Attack on Pakistan is Attack on China'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sooo.... for all you Obama voters, how's that hope and "change" going ?

Boy, that Obama sure can handle foreign policy, can't he ?

edit on 23-5-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]Politics and international affairs are reminding more and more of children on the playground.

'Did too!'

'Did not!'

'Mess with Billy and you are messing with me!'

'He hit me!'

'She hit me first!'

The U.S. needs to back the hell off of everyone and mind their own business. If another country is having a problem, let them figure it out.

I am all for disaster relief though.
edit on 22-5-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

"But Billy why did you hit him?"

"Well mommy he was going to shoot me with a slingshot he hid in his pockets but I hit him first, then I emptied his pockets but he must have thrown out the slingshot and it's somewhere in the bushes! Honestly! And if you don't believe me, you're against me and you should be with me like any good mommy!"

Replying to the OP, there are so many possibilities. Maybe a joint US/China taskforce that mop up all alleged terrorists? It is likely China would want to annex Taiwan and North Korea first to establish buffer zones with the Arab buffer being secured as we speak (which must be odd as an Afghan, first the Russians, then the US/EU after that China?).

Or perhaps maybe if the US withdraws it's forces, the Chinese step in and secure the areas allowing the current regimes to create healthy states and so become a kind of new Chinese/Arab faction vs US/EU? I'm leaving out Russia completely because the idea of an Arab/Russian/Chinese faction is something I don't like very much.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
I'm leaving out Russia completely because the idea of an Arab/Russian/Chinese faction is something I don't like very much.

Well it seems you better get used to the idea, because it is happening. Russia has been courting not only Syria but Iran as well. A naval base in Syria, and the fueling of Iran's nuclear reactor at Bushehr. And China in cahoots with Pakistan, who just asked for more military assistance from the Chinese.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
I'm leaving out Russia completely because the idea of an Arab/Russian/Chinese faction is something I don't like very much.

Well it seems you better get used to the idea, because it is happening. Russia has been courting not only Syria but Iran as well. A naval base in Syria, and the fueling of Iran's nuclear reactor at Bushehr. And China in cahoots with Pakistan, who just asked for more military assistance from the Chinese.

You're right and upon further digging not only is Russia trying to court Syria but Pakistan as well, Russia has also threatened UN/US not to get involved in Syria. I've never been much interested in trying to sort out what the situation is like over there (meaning I don't know much of it's history yet) but it almost appears things are moving faster overthere.

There are two reasons why the UN security council has failed, utterly, to react to Bashar al-Assad's murder of hundreds of his own people in Syria. The first is that Russia, a veto-wielding permanent member, has indicated that it will block action. And the second is that the US won't stand up to Russia.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Iran made a serious accusation the other day btw towards Europe, accusing us of stealing their rain! Since they need it to grow food he's basically blaming Europe for people starving in their country. Apparently they've also been swapping missile technology with North Korea according to a report several weeks ago.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.reuters.com...

Meanwhile, India seems to be happily upgrading their army, ordered 65 new helicopters, minesweepers from S-Korea and intends to expand their fleet of helicopters to 1000 by 2020. Which might not be out of the ordinary, except another article mentioned worries China would try and claim the Kashmir area by 2020 according to an Indian think tank (Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA)). What is interesting here well Kashmir has long been disputed by China, Pakistan and India, it has a history of conflict and different ideology.

Last year China moved several thousands of troops into Pakistani Kashmir and more recently India began to complain about Chinese troop movements in Pakistani Kashmir.

NEW DELHI: Despite the strong Chinese denial, Indian authorities have now acquired "independent" confirmation about the increasing presence of Chinese troops along the line of control (LoC) in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir from none other than US security agencies.

China wants a grip on the region to assure unfettered road and rail access to the Gulf through Pakistan. It takes 16 to 25 days for Chinese oil tankers to reach the Gulf. When high-speed rail and road links through Gilgit and Baltistan are completed, China will be able to transport cargo from Eastern China to the new Chinese-built Pakistani naval bases at Gwadar, Pasni and Ormara, just east of the Gulf, within 48 hours.

More links: www.india-defence.com...
www.india-defence.com...
articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com...
2jjj.com...
www.idsa.in...
edit on 24/5/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Yeah well one of these days it's going to be suicide bombers with tactical nukes instead of car bombs. And all they wanted was for us to get off their soil. A reasonable request, by any measure. What sucks for me is that I find myself wishing real bad upon government leaders in my own country for instigating all this. I swear we ought to round up all the governments of the world and toss them all on big island so they can govern and kill each other. The rest of the world would finally live in peace, after we separated the Christians from the Muslims. A good rearranging. That's what this world needs.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Yeah well one of these days it's going to be suicide bombers with tactical nukes instead of car bombs. And all they wanted was for us to get off their soil. A reasonable request, by any measure. What sucks for me is that I find myself wishing real bad upon government leaders in my own country for instigating all this. I swear we ought to round up all the governments of the world and toss them all on big island so they can govern and kill each other. The rest of the world would finally live in peace, after we separated the Christians from the Muslims. A good rearranging. That's what this world needs.

It's not just Christians and Muslims, how about Hindu's and Buddhists they comprise 1.2 billion people together (Christianity: 2, Islam: 1.3).

Personally I think it's more than just 'them' wanting 'us' off their soil. People live in poor conditions with little hope of improving, along comes a radical travelling from town to town to recruit people, they get lied to about getting better living conditions, promises of mountains of gold for either themselves or their family, if only they agree to fight "the enemy" which is whatever the radicals perceive as infidels who do not belong on this earth which ofcourse their deity made just for them.

What this world really needs is better education. Rupert Murdoch made a statement to the press where he stated education should be revolutionized (which is what I've been telling for years but somehow when a multibillion mediamogul says the same it has more weight lol). People need educational program's on cheap tablets, digital teachers, it can already be done but no one seems to want to start it and keep to physical books instead. Just think about it, just one webcam in a classroom so millions over the world could watch along how the teacher explains stuff, students learning by using youtube for discussions etc. If the west could create a cheap tablet or even a simple notebook and distribute it to other countries the situation could improve a lot, people learning skills and creating a better economy for themselves so they would not give that up so easily for war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join