It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado chasers in front of my house today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hey y'all. So me and my cousin and his friends were picking up some hail today... and a van pulled up and parked in front of the house. A few minutes later we are told there is a tornado warning, so I run inside and while coming out it turns out the van is some tornado watchers. Anyway here is a video.. the tornado seems to be trying to form but I can't really tell.. btw the guy said "If you don't know what your doing to should get out of here.." i think

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You know, if there is one thing that is nerve racketing, is the sirens. But wow. what a shot you took! Where was this?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Who is he trying to tell you what to do on your property? I would say it seems you are not very good at chasing tornadoes unless they are up your back side so piss off. But then again I am not that civil when idiots put themselves on pedestals. Granted that's one storm chaser out of the many, and most are not like that and are trying to do a benefit to society and science in their work.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thanks! This way in small oklahoma town between texas and oklahoma city. There was a tornado near us in Ada Oklahoma-- www.youtube.com... which is like 30 minutes away.

To be kinda fair to the guy-- who I admit kinda acted like a dick- they where in the middle of the street and not on my property- I could have gone back to my house but it was kind of scary so I just took off.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I agree with the chasers, that was a lowering funnel coming out of that lot and its their job as ground observers to save lives. Obviously walking round the block taking pictures while a funnel is dropping out the sky isn't the brightest idea in the world, these guys have a car so can high-tail it in a seconds notice. All you have is your legs and your house to run back to.
Granted he should have worded it better, but in those kinds of situations where i'm the chaser watching the dumbass guy in the street wander around looking at the pretty sky unawares even I just have to slap my head and wonder why.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think if there are clouds like this in the sky, sirens blaring..anyone including "storm chasers" ..are rather dim (or they just don't value life) to be walking around outside or not seeking shelter, but it is their choice, seeing as you're not a storm chaser they probably figured you haven't made the choice that your life is worth risking to experience these kind of events and felt the need to tell you to get to a safe place and didn't want to distract you from doing so leaving them feeling responsible if something were to happen to you.

Seeing as adrenaline junkies are most often tool bags, it is probably why the guy worded it the way he did.

Anyway, OP hopefully you stay safe and stay out of the line of fire as the weather has been very brutal on some lately,just remember good video footage and all that goes along with it means nothing if your bits and pieces are splattered all around town.

new topics

top topics

join