It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone spy tool...? Just me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Okay a little background on me, I'm an avid IPhone user and am quite fluent with pretty much every aspect of it's use... I've had the 3, 3GS, and now the 4. I'm quite familiar with it, is my point. 

I've never had any issues with speed, dropping calls (only exception being the "grip of death" in low reception areas), etc... 

Now recently I started working with MUFON and have been on the radio, interviewed, and blown up locally and nationally based on a UFO siting I happened to get a pretty decent picture of. 
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But that is not what this thread is about... 

Those of you who are familiar with the iPhone multitasking capabilities know that if you are recording and "background" the recording app, when you open a new app the red recording bar still runs thru the apps... 

Like so 
i7.photobucket.com...

Now ever since I've fallen into this world of UFO conventions, radio shows, and interviews with some pretty important members of this world, I've noticed that my phone seems to be bogged down. When I switch apps, I see the red "recording bar" in the background as if it's running but being covered up by some ghosting code or something. It only shows up when the phone is temporarily freezing between apps (something it never used to do). 

Now it wouldn't surprise me if they are listening, and I'm sure they are poking their nose in from time to time... But I am wondering if others that have the iPhone 4 or 3GS with multi tasking have noticed this, like if it's an unrelated hacker messing with iPhone users or common bug? 

Any theories? 

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I say take it out back and shoot it with a shotgun, or alternatively smash it into the concrete...

But thats just me, I dont like smart phones keeping track of you all day, every day... recording you, every pic you take has a geo tag with GPS locations on it, and every time you open an app, takes a pic with your camera and stores it on the phone, plus like you said... recording your every move as well

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yeah man - eff the iPhone...find another tool - you could probably use a mifi with a encrypted voip service on an ipod if you really like the apple layout...at least I'm pretty sure that isn't designed to track you or provide a built in back door...of course I could also be wrong. Not sure any tech that's online or digital has any realistic level of security these days...it's just an illusion everybody likes to believe.
edit on 22-5-2011 by coldkidc because: missed a word

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Check into spyera and iphone spy. These are two civilian apps you can use for tracking an iphone or any smartphone. Once I found out about them i ditched my iphone in a river and haven't looked back. I suggest you do the same. Would you give up freedom for security....no? You are essentially giving up privacy for neither security or freedom but for speed and agility of info. Ditch it bro and do it before you screw up and big brother finds something you say worthy of a better look.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Yes but the convenience they offer, to me, makes it worth it...

Let's face it, if they want to listen, they will find away... They been using remote bugging through cell phones even publicly as far back as 1997, long before the first smart phones became common consumer products.

Source 1 of 985,326
theilluminatifiles.com...

If they need eyes, they can do that too...
Traffic cameras, spy satellites, corporate security cameras, etc...

So I might make it slightly easier for them to do what they are already doing, but gane a world of knowledge at my fingertips as a result.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355

So I might make it slightly easier for them to do what they are already doing, but gane a world of knowledge at my fingertips as a result.

And with this world of knowledge at your fingertips you will learn How they will be able to track you and WHEN they are tracking you, who knows, you might even SEE them doing this and you will obviously know WHAT they know about you....sounds like a good phone to me too!

Where can I buy one?

On second thought.....should they not be giving these things out for free?
edit on 22-5-2011 by chiptrim because: quote error

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

But if you so much as own a cell phone, use the Internet, speak near a friends cell phone, have an ipass, wall outside, talk on a house phone, speak in a public place, speak near an open window, etc... The list goes on and on... There is no difference between me looking up info on my phone or using my home Internet connection...

Unless you jump from coffee house to coffee house, ditching computer after computer, and underground passageways... They know who you are and what your searching... They know if they and interested in you or if their not...

I figure, if/when I need to disappear, I know how to make it happen, until then.., I think I'm no more exposed tge 99.9% of the rest... I hide not by tin foil hats, but by sheer numbers!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chiptrim

That's what I'm saying... I has to pay big bucks to make their lives easier... But the funny thing is like you pointed out, I know when "not" to have my phone with me... And as long as they think they have spying easy, they get lazy and may not setup alternative spytools...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

That's what I'm saying... I has to pay big bucks to make their lives easier... But the funny thing is like you pointed out, I know when "not" to have my phone with me... And as long as they think they have spying easy, they get lazy and may not setup alternative spytools...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Ahhhh.......but they will already know who your friends and associates are and will be monitoring you on THEIR PHONES!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

This is true, but I have friends that do the same. But only when necessary...
let's face it 90% of what we have to say, it doesn't matter if they know, and when they get too curious about the rest, well I just consider that confirmation that I'm onto something good

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am not an IPhone user myself. Try using an Android with a custom ROM. Or if you do really like apple there is an app that erases your gps history called Untrackerd and another that disables that recording feature(cant remember name)....BUT you must jailbreak your IPhone in order for the apps to work. Good luck

top topics

join