It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took some interesting photos tonight while I was "trying" to catch lightening on film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You will have to scroll backwards through the photographs. The last one is actually the first one I took. I was out storm chasing and trying to catch lightening. This is why the 3rd picture is lit up. I was parked on the side of the road using continuous shot. i would take 9 in a row. this does this rather quickly. like 1 second or less inbetween each picture. I noticed the light on my screen and I looked up and saw nothing out in the sky. When I got home I noticed all the rest of them. And I was like wtf?!?!?! What do you guys think?

s163.photobucket.com...

edit on 22-5-2011 by jessicascorpio1027 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
To me it kind of looked like the moon through tree branches or something. I can't really be certain, but just a thought. I am going to download the photos so I can blow them up, and then maybe I can see a bit more.

Edit:

After downloading, resizing, and adjusting some elements of the photographs, my analysis is inconclusive. IMO there just isn't enough detail there to tell what exactly is in the picture. Maybe someone who has more experience than myself with imaging can provide some insight into this matter.
edit on 5/21/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jessicascorpio1027

I guess the only way to view them quickly is to hit the slideshow button

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

There was no moon out. I was in the middle of a storm. Clouds EVERYWHERE Plus it moves closer to me
edit on 21-5-2011 by jessicascorpio1027 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I really hope so.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I like it and flagged it~!! Nice catch and oh .. welcome to ATS

edit on 22-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

[Mod Edit - Replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To Tab]
edit on 22/5/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

What does flagging it mean?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Your car window was closed. It's a reflection from inside the car.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Those are interesting pictures. I love taking pictures of lightning, I've even had a few pictures featured on my local news! Needless to say, I've caught random lights too, but nothing like that. Usually I get the odd satellite or meteor. Cool stuff, and welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

There was NO light on inside the car. And "IF" it was something inside the car, nothing inside the car was moving.... and this thing clearly moves closer to me. I didn't zoom in or anything. I used my camera on my phone and used continuous shot. so the first 9 are together and the last 9 are together with 1 second or less inbetween each shot.....

But keep the reasons coming for it NOT to be a UFO. Cause I want to know if anyone comes up with anything that excludes it from being a UFO that makes sense.... Cause I REALLY want to know if it is a UFO or not. Thanks everyone

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Not enough details.
You went out to take pictures of lightning and this is the picture size you're trying to achieve with?? And using a camera phone to do this??
There is no way I really would want to try analyzing this seriously.
Interesting but yet again the quality is a fail.

UFO? yes definitely unidentifiable, after all it's just light in a black back ground. Anyone who claims to know what it is, is basing it on opinions/assumptions. There is really nothing in these pictures that gives any clue whether it's of anything else.
Yet again another disappointing picture that shows nothing of particular interest.

Also imo you're wasting your time chasing storms if you're thinking about taking pictures with your lolphone.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Picture 1 of 18 looks like a crazy ass spaceship, with 4 burners in the back.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Nice pictures and thanks for posting , but I would love to see the full rez versions if at all possible. If you need help posting them will gladly walk you though that , its not that hard.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by innocenttdreams

s163.photobucket.com...

I took these lightening photos with a camera on a phone in 2008. So the camera on that phone was WAY worse then this one. And I am VERY aware that you really can't SEE what it is. It's dark... What did you expect? to see little green men looking out the spaceship windows??? HAHA... I'm wandering what can move toward me THAT quick... other then a UFO.... This post is about UFO's not taking pictures of lightening though so let's not get off subject.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Sadly that's as big as it gets. This is full size
My friend asked me if the pictures I had were bigger as well. And they are not. It's a shame.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is very easily explainable. Light reflecting off the rain beaten windshield could produce such a pattern.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ElGatoLoco0698

that moves? and gets brighter? and what light? there were no lights out in the country where I was at. no lights that were moving.....
edit on 22-5-2011 by jessicascorpio1027 because: wanted to add more and it was taken out my driver side window. not my front windshield. you can see this in the "3rd" picture if you view the photos in backward order (which is the right way)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I know you said it's not the moon, but to me, it seriously just looks like the moon with rain drops on the window. The pictures are too small to really tell.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

Then explain to me how the moon gets bigger in a picture WITHOUT zooming in?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessicascorpio1027
reply to post by Avyuir

Then explain to me how the moon gets bigger in a picture WITHOUT zooming in?

Hi jessica

I can explain that. Its all about shutter speed. The longer the shutter is open the more light you capture during exposure, at night this can flare lights or the moon out just like that. - from a dot to a much bigger smudgey looking glob. Easily. What were the settings on the camera? Im a photog and I love lightning photography, Its one of my fave things to do.

For night results when its quite dark already I usually have my Shutter speed at 1sec or 1.5secs is my fave for this with the big lightning storms.

Without us being able to look at larger images Id have to say its the moon or a lamp through a tree or rainy windsheild as has been sugested by fellow posters.

have the best day
themuse

top topics

<<   2 >>

join