It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False May 21 rapture motivation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
First let me say that anyone predicting the end of the world at a specific date is a charlatan trying to sell you something, be it selling your life savings to support your cult to simple Internet traffic.

I am not one of these people that think these people should be held accountable for any deaths resulting in this as it's simply a Darwin award for stupidity in my opinion(I know it's illegal to yell fire in a theater for similar reasons, not the same though)

If your a Christian you can believe in the rapture doctrine or not ( for those that don't know there is debate on this even among Christian faiths) for the sake of this thread we will talk about those that believe in a rapture as Harold targets.

Now heres a theory what if Harolds idea was to predict a false prediction on purpose (hold off on the whole false prophet parts of the bible) for a thought experiment for what he views as Christians, what if it was simply a foolish mans attempt to get Christians to honestly question if they are true Christians? How many of these people that believed him, as well as Christians not versed in the bible got a little nervous as the time approached?

Maybe it was his heavy handed way of trying to show Christians they all are not as Christ like as they think? To just give them a moment to actually ask themselves have they really been "Christ like"

I gave an example to my wife, how many scream about abortion one moment but then refuse to adopt some of these children in the adoption system, how about all those crack baby's from ghettos? Where are the christians running to take them all in?

Harolds prediction was foolishness coming from a fool, no mater his motives in was irresponsible and crazy, in no way do I condone it. Simply trying to fathom the mans motives.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

if i remember reading correctly today marks the day our second sun, jesus comes into our solar system

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would have to disagree, respectfully. I believe that he really did believe what he was saying. If he thought he was right in 94, and then actually found where he "made his mistake," as it was reported, then I see no problem with him actually believing his own delusions. I don't really know how he came up with his predictions, but I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

Then again, you could be right, I just do not agree.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

See I thought about that too, it could be the same game, but honestly I just can't understand how people can read the bible and pick and chose what they believe. Either its your holiest book Devine inspired by your creator or it's not.

If it's the first than you can't pick and choose ( parts of the ot deal with false predictions and how you should regard the people that make them)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Hmmm... I didn't read your entire post, but I use my 'life savings' to live extraordinarily and enjoy luxury vehicles at the moment. Currency isn't even worth anything. No use saving your slave tokens!

This 'RAPTURE' event was just a ploy to steal credit away from much more serious events, i.e. 2012.

That's all. It's very effective.

No use elaborating, even though I could type all night. Time for you to raise your consciousness...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think we are overlooking an important thing, he and his group are gone! At this point it is still not certain what happened and where they went.

That can tickle it for sure! How completely clever and diabolical; off to a retreat til October, and in the meantime we are all going to Tribulate!

My goal for the next 5 months is to be humble, so I am accepting donations!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I predict this thread will be raptured as the other billion other rapture threads.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm very upset that people committed suicide and gave up.......... not only their jobs, but life savings for this hoax. Just makes me want to cry. There has to be justice against these religious fundamentalists. I'm spiritual, but will never bow to the religious.

I'm not an atheist. They are worst than fundamentalists. The kingdom of God lives within all of us.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
I'm very upset that people committed suicide and gave up

Have there been confirmed suicides yet?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I would have to disagree, respectfully. I believe that he really did believe what he was saying. If he thought he was right in 94, and then actually found where he "made his mistake," as it was reported, then I see no problem with him actually believing his own delusions. I don't really know how he came up with his predictions, but I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

Then again, you could be right, I just do not agree.

You sound just as naive as his followers.

Clearly this whole plan of his was a ploy to extract as much money as possible. He bankrupted families. Do I feel bad for them? Not really. If you're that dumb to believe a theory that spits in the face of science and pretty much everything else logical, you probably should have been a little wiser.

The reason he chose another date after '94 was because he knew his base of followers were so desperate that they would still cling to him if he told them he made a mistake. A mathematic calculation of 18 years isn't really a SMALL mistake. This 18 years allowed him to collect as many funds as he could.. last time there had been millions upon millions donated to this fraud.

In a sense he is worse than Bernie Madoff. Because in the end, he's left his followers financially screwed and screwed up in the head as well. It's no surprise that after that 'Rapture' today, he disappeared and hasn't been heard from since. My guess is that he's in Belize smoking Cuban cigars and getting blowjobs from underage girls.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

There's one report of a man who hanged himself inside a Kenyan Church but sources are still trying to confirm the story and whether he did so out of this so called prophets prediction. Then again One million people every year commit suicide for various reasons. For example a man in Alaska killed himself yesterday due to a domestic dispute.

Linkage: www.standardmedia.co.ke...
edit on 5/22/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Valid point. I can not confirm or deny the suicide rate until tomorrow. Lets see what happens. How unforgivable prophecies are.

I am so very saddened by the whole thing. You are right to question me. Hang on. The news will be sorrowful tomorrow, I assure you.

What a mad, mad, mad world we live in. Will chime in tomorrow.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

Valid point. I can not confirm or deny the suicide rate until tomorrow. Lets see what happens. How unforgivable prophecies are.

I am so very saddened by the whole thing. You are right to question me. Hang on. The news will be sorrowful tomorrow, I assure you.

What a mad, mad, mad world we live in. Will chime in tomorrow.

Well, I wasn't trying to make a point. I'm waiting for news too. I heard the suicide rates were going to go up, so I've been looking for articles about it. I thought maybe you had found one.

I honestly hope no one died because of this fraud.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I think it was to divert peoples attentions away , what was May 20th supposed to be?? Draw Mohammed day. See I forgot about this until yesterday when someone said they'd done it. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the guy who predicted 21st May's answer. " I did it to protect the world from Muslims..."

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
im still here, May 22nd

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura

This 'RAPTURE' event was just a ploy to steal credit away from much more serious events, i.e. 2012.

That's all. It's very effective.

You consider 12/21/12 to be a much more serious event than today was? That's laughable. That day will be completely normal just like it was today for the rapture. The only difference between 2012 and the rapture is that a larger number of apocalypse profiteers are pushing 12/21/12.

People who push 2012 are the same as the people who were pushing the rapture, you just choose to place your belief in different 'Gods'. Think about that the next time you decide to ridicule the rapture crowd.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I have to say, I hope all those people that were conned into wasting their savings on this rapture nonsense deserve are feeling pretty bloody stupid. Moreover they can be used as yet another example of human stupidity: just because someone says something, doesn't mean it's true.

I'm afraid this rapture nonsense has proved the scientific principle that 'there's one born every minute'. If ignorance is bliss, these people must be very happy indeed.
edit on 22-5-2011 by timelike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
First let me say that anyone predicting the end of the world at a specific date is a charlatan trying to sell you something, be it selling your life savings to support your cult to simple Internet traffic.

I am not one of these people that think these people should be held accountable for any deaths resulting in this as it's simply a Darwin award for stupidity in my opinion(I know it's illegal to yell fire in a theater for similar reasons, not the same though)

If your a Christian you can believe in the rapture doctrine or not ( for those that don't know there is debate on this even among Christian faiths) for the sake of this thread we will talk about those that believe in a rapture as Harold targets.

Now heres a theory what if Harolds idea was to predict a false prediction on purpose (hold off on the whole false prophet parts of the bible) for a thought experiment for what he views as Christians, what if it was simply a foolish mans attempt to get Christians to honestly question if they are true Christians? How many of these people that believed him, as well as Christians not versed in the bible got a little nervous as the time approached?

Maybe it was his heavy handed way of trying to show Christians they all are not as Christ like as they think? To just give them a moment to actually ask themselves have they really been "Christ like"

I gave an example to my wife, how many scream about abortion one moment but then refuse to adopt some of these children in the adoption system, how about all those crack baby's from ghettos? Where are the christians running to take them all in?

Harolds prediction was foolishness coming from a fool, no mater his motives in was irresponsible and crazy, in no way do I condone it. Simply trying to fathom the mans motives.

The REAL bible doesn't set a date for the end of the world nor discourages us from doing so. No one but God himself knows when the end will come. Stop propping up false prophets like they mean anything. No one cared what he said and everyone(who knows scripture) knew he was BS.

But see that's just it.He's just the vehicle for restricting religion and smearing the church.

This guy is not a prophet he's just an paid actor.

He's a false flag public psychological operations agent. He knew that the "act" was going to be picked up by the media and trumpeted as a "christian rapture date". This is all a planned show to vilify religion and make the case that religion (control that the state doesn't have) is evil.

We fell for the ol' psyop switcheroo again.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by benrl

The REAL bible doesn't set a date for the end of the world nor discourages us from doing so. No one but God himself knows when the end will come. Stop propping up false prophets like they mean anything. No one cared what he said and everyone(who knows scripture) knew he was BS.

But see that's just it.He's just the vehicle for restricting religion and smearing the church.

This guy is not a prophet he's just an paid actor.

He's a false flag public psychological operations agent. He knew that the "act" was going to be picked up by the media and trumpeted as a "christian rapture date". This is all a planned show to vilify religion and make the case that religion (control that the state doesn't have) is evil.

We fell for the ol' psyop switcheroo again.

What utter rubbish. He's a good representative of type of fanciful rubbish!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Lol you say you didn't even read my post all the way, and tell me to raise my consciousness...

new topics

top topics

join