It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A creepy true story.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a fiction to me but still if it's for real then most likely that was probably some sort of illusion.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thats so cool. I totally believe that other beings from other dimensions and worlds come to visit ours, out of curiositity. I mean, wouldnt we if we had the know-how? I sure would.

I wanted to add to my husbands- vampire in the phone-booth story since I cant edit it. He lived in a small town of less than 500 people in the small backwoods of kentucky. The kind of town where everybody knows everybody, and he hung out with the alternative, musician, goth/grunge back in the early 90's. So this guy, was standing in a telephone booth, in the middle of a parking lot, in the middle of a small town, in the middle of nowhere- that he- nor anyone of his friends recognized- and was in the same exact spot hours later. Grinning at them with vampire teeth and scaring the pants off of them. So it could of been some random person from another town, who had nothing better to do, standing in a phonebooth in goth drag for hours- or it could of been something paranormal.

Also my husband used to hang out with a crowd who used to go to alot of abandoned buildings and cemetarys. Once an old woman ghost tried to attack my husband when they were in an old cabin that they did not know was an old slave cabin in the back woods of Kentucky- his friends saw the woman in rags behind him- reaching out for his neck. Then this one time, he and his friend who was 17 and his friends younger brother about 15 were in an old church, that was abandoned in the woods. What happened in that church, he does not know for he was outside in the cemetary. The 17 year old boy ran screaming out, and the church doors slammed shut. the 15 year old brother was inside screaming. My husband said a light began eminating from inside the church doors. He said that the most terrible screams came from the church. He and his 17 year old friend were pulling on the church doors and when they finally opened they found his little brother in a catatonic state. He ended up needed to be put in the psychiatric hospital for several months, and to this day he is still mentally disabled. He has severe PTSD They do not know what happened to this day what he experienced.
edit on 23-5-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by xynephadyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Way back, when I was in high school, my friends and I were on Bourbon St in New Orleans after Homecoming or ROTC Military Ball or something. (No, we weren't drinking...lol no matter what you may have heard about New Orleans not EVERYONE can get alcohol underage...trust me...lol) But anyway, It was the 5 of us. My girlfriend at the time and me, my best friend "J" and his then girlfriend and my other friend "A". We were walking our way back up towards Canal St. when we passed a cross street. As we passed the cross street my friend "A" and I saw a...figure. It's hard to describe with just words. What got our attention was the size of him. He seemed to be about 7+ feet tall. The only way to describe him would be for you to imagine the character "Sabretooth" from X-men (either the movie or the later, grittier comic books, not the early spandex wearing sabretooth). We couldn't see his face as he was back lit by the street lights from the next parallel street, Royal or whatever. But that was his outline, a tall dude, long blondish? hair, jack boots, tight paints...for you younger guys who may be into WWE, think of Edge with an open trench coat but only about 7 feet tall or so.

He was just getting to the middle of the cross street and walked through a bit of steam(?) At first we were like "that was the coolest thing I've ever seen!" then we were like "WTF was that?" then my girlfriend wanted to have a look so we waited a couple more seconds for him to get to Bourbon St. (the cross streets aren't that big here, not like the block sizes in New York) but no show. We walked back to the "alley" and nothing! Even though I said the cross streets weren't that big they are big enough for someone 10 feet from the end (us) to be able to get to the mouth of the "alley" and see anyone walking back the other way, even if they were running...unless THEY are Usain Bolt. But, we didn't hear the footsteps of someone running (which I guarantee that we would have, have you ever run in jack boots? I have, not very stealthy in a puddled New Orleans street...lol) But when another group of "revelers" turned down the alley coming toward us we realized that we didn't hear his footsteps walking toward us either but we could hear theirs.

So, to this day my friend and I swear we saw a vampire (or Sabretooth, either one would be amazing...lol) even though we have NO proof, just our memories, but to this day we'll also tell the same exact (corroborating) stories even though we haven't really talked in a while (a little bad blood that's just starting to wash under the bridge).

Sorry to drag this on so long, there's just so much detail that I can't seem to fit into the written word because the memory is SO vivid...lol

-- Apex

P.S. This story was actually one of the inspirations for me using the screen name Apex Predator. I was thinking about that guy one day and thought "Now I bet HE was an Apex Predator" then years later when I signed up here, well, it just kinda worked out....lol

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Freaky! What area was it, exactly?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyger

She was north east of Boston in Revere.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a street magician or something... Perhaps he frequents the area... I would guess the reason he went straight to that booth is because he set up the drink trick before hand... They just happened to be sitting there... So they were his " victims" so to speak.

That said, if he needs money for a cab, I am guessing he needs to switch careers.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DocWicked

Sounds like Edgar Allan Poe and he was from Boston, except the ear story was false. The ear story was actually Vincent Van Gogh.

Therefore, maybe an imitator, magician?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Read the story, very creepy and facinating at the same time.
The clothing being crushed velvet is typical of the gothic lifestyle and of the gothic period itself.

The face paint, half black, half white can also represent duality, thought I'd throw that in there.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
read the story tp my ma, she brought up maybe he was a telekenetic (able to move stuff with their minds) as for the getting there so quickly maybe someone came up after ur mom n here friends and was only able to give him a lift that far. just another thought to throw into the mix

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
thanks for sharing your story. maybe the man was from another time... from the past? well, I don't know whether this will help with anything but about a year ago, I went for cycling with my friends at around 5:30am, we would cycle about 4 miles then make our way back home. on this day, when we were heading back, I got very tired (I used to be excessively overweight) and had to stop. I told them to go ahead and I would catch up soon. when I begun walking while sitting on my bike, I was approaching a hill and just at the top of the hill, was a tall figure, about 8 feet. looked like a man in a white robe. I almost # skittles! there was no other way of getting back to school. so I just stared at it for about ten minutes straight and finally, it turned and looked at me. I then jumped on my bike, shut my eyes and rode straight ahead like there was no tomorrow. I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see it when I passed it... when I got close enough. I actually felt it when I passed it. and when I went back to school, I tried to tell my friends of the ghost I had seen before and nobody believed me. they just laughed. and the next day, a girl in my dorm (who I share a name with, Stefani) ran out of her room screaming of a tall white man in a robe staring at her through the whole night. there is so much going on in the world these days that cannot be explained. what are we inviting? :/

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2011 by Schpookie because: i posted this twice.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Creeepy man I want your bracelet?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join