It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A creepy true story.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DocWicked

I always knew the members of KISS were Satanic . . .

Peace,
SeraphNB

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That was definitely...

The Spirit of Jazz

edit on 22-5-2011 by Zmurfix because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Sounds like a ghostly street magician... I mean that's the best possible answer for that one. Well, except for a possible demonic figure. That's also possible. Hmmm, might have to look in to this. Very interesting.

I like that explaination

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Obviously a wizard.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This story really is creepy! It also reminds me of something that happened to me.

One year I had a holiday to the English coast with my partner and baby daughter. We had been to a park and it was a nice sunny day. I noticed an old lady with a brown coat on and grey hair by the gates looking over to me as though she wanted to say something. As we got closer she said, excuse me, please can you help me. I can't see very well and don't want to cross the road by myelf.

We helped her across the road and I asked her if she would like us to walk with her for a while. She said no, that she would be fine from their. Thanked us and said goodbye. We watched her go and then made our way down the street. I said to my partner that a vunerable old lady like that should be careful asking strangers to help her cross, someone might try and take advantage. I even went as far as saying that if I was her, I would have made up a story, such as I only live round the corner and my son is at home.

Anyway, the following year we went back to the same place. On leaving the park the same lady in the same coat was waiting by the same gate. My stomach did a flip. When we got closer she said - excuse me, please can you help me. I can't see very well and don't want to cross the road by myelf!!

We helped her cross and asked if she would be ok from their - her reply? Yes thank you, I only live around the corner and my son is at home waiting for me!! I swear this is true. Me and my partner just looked at each other gob smacked as she walked away!

Now I have no idea if she was a real woman or not, she was dressed exactly the same as the year before, I remember the coat as the weather was so nice. Even her hair was the same. Maybe it was pure coincidence. I've been back a few times but never seen her again.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I had a similar experience. I wouldn't say it was demonic or anything, just odd and creepy.

I was on the way home from work one night, it was late, around midnight, and the fog was so thick that I had to slow down to 20mph on a 55mph highway. This is in a very rural area of backwoods northern Alabama, on a road that cuts through hills and forest areas, so there's never anyone around at night.

Anyways, I was driving slowly down that road when all of a sudden I saw a person hauling BUTT on foot down my side of the road! He/she was running towards the direction I was driving. I had to swerve to avoid hitting him/her. Didn't get a good look at this person, he/she quickly faded into the fog behind me. That was strange in and of itself, but then, up in the left lane of traffic, right in the road there was a man (looked to be in his 30's, balding black hair, white guy, mid to large build, about 6 foot tall) in a black business suit just standing there. He stared at me as I drove slowly up the road with the meanest look on his face, like he just wanted to pop me like a pimple. As I got right up next to where he was he started walking toward my car! I gunned the gas pedal, fog be damned, and passed him by, I look in the rearview mirror and he's running down the road chasing me
I sped on home and that was that. The whole experience had a dreamlike quality to it.

Sure was strange. Nothing in the paper the next day about anything happening in that area, I guess it could have been any number of things that I witnessed from a drug deal to a murder about to occur. I'm not really a believer in "paranormal" things, but I guess I can say that the look that guy was giving me did "feel" like pure evil. I guess I'll never know what that was all about!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

My mom never asked her and since then they have fallen out of touch. I don't know of anything bad happening to her. My mom described the bracelet as being very old looking, like something out of medieval times.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well since everyone is telling their story of strange encounters on the road, I will join in. I don't know what to make of this one either.
My son (14 years old then)) and I were driving home from the hospital around 10:00pm. My grandpa had been rushed to the hospital with a broken hip. My aunt stayed with him.

On the way home , my son yelled.....There is something ahead, Mom! His vision was 20/15 and I have had glasses forever. I saw something that was coming and suddenly a black car came into view, with no head lights on. (There was not much light from the moon that night and was cloudy) As the car approached closer we could see there was no one inside the car...I had slowed to almost a stop, because the car had no lights and that scared me.

My son was on his knees in the front seat and climbing in the back trying to see who was driving the car. It looked as though it was traveling fast before it approached us and it seemed to slow down to as it got closer, very scary. I thought sure some one was going to stop us and I had the worst thoughts.

To this day we have no explanation as to why there was a car with no driver in it. I have talked to others who said they have met cars with no drivers too.

Ellie

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I want to know if anything happened to the poor taxi driver that got called in lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Very creepy story; the way you described the way his face paint immediately made me think of the Baron Samedi character in James Bond, Live and let die.

I realise that the face painting is different but what it made me think about is the cultural significance of face painting. It has been used in many ways throughout history for decoration, to signify a social position or role, not to mention things like war paint. So I wonder if the man was some sort of Shaman / Mystic?

Just out of interest, have you ever heard of anyone else reporting a similar encounter?

Great post! s+f

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I haven't read all the responses so I hope this wasn't said already...Chris Angel? I know it was 35 years ago but that guy scares me and who knows maybe he made a pact with the devil to include never getting old.

On a sidenote, I'd have given him a ride, but my philosophy it's the "normal" looking ones you gotta watch out for! Well except in the Gacy guy's case.
edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think a couple of you here on this thread should get together and write a book on short creep stories.....seriously!; I think it might sell well.
edit on 22-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
maybe he was just an odd person, with some special skills. those people usually arent good at making friends..

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

DocWicked,

The area your mom and friends were in are well known for haunts and ghost. I lived not only in Eliot Maine, near Portsmouth NH. There are several stretches in all three locations that has a great deal of activity. I also did a bid in Boston (not for jail, lived). Just as well have been jail. Anyway, while in Boston, visiting many places, three is a great deal of activity in Boston.

I am sure that your mom and friends ran into a friendly "physically challenged" person who was having a lark. Think about it what do they really have to do on the other side but play games with us.

Very cool.

Thanks for sharing.

Ainge

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by manda2011

I know my response is going to be out there, but still...

Maybe you ran into a future representation of yourself? Maybe that is why she had your answer the second time?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Your mom has a great imagination.
If it were true, you should be able to track down that bracelet and post photos of it here so we can believe it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Oh noes, posted Twice.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Damian-007 because: Two times.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Honestly that sounds like a Newbury St. cocktail inspired fantasy of your mom's when she was young and going

out on the town.

Not mothman like. Not MIB like.

Sounds more like a Vegas Show. Hey, aren't you in Vegas? Enjoy the weather, cause it sucks

here in lovely Beantown.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Ya I'm in the vegas area. Unfortunately hehe. I am more of a fan of the midwest.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So I talked to my mom again to see if I missed anything. She told me that she confronted the man about his clothing and facepaint and his reaction was angry. He got offended when she asked why he dressed like that and he responded with "why do you dress like that!?". She said she definitely felt the man was otherworldly and she hopes to never run into him again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join