It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Yorkshire ripper may not have worked alone. (Was he a copycat?)

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
At least according to this website
www.yorkshireripper.co.uk...


Peter Sutcliffe was the Copy-Cat Ripper, responsible for only four of the thirteen murders which he 'confessed' to. He had been eliminated twelve times by the police because he was blood group O... the Ripper was known to be blood group B.

The police knew that two men were involved in the bizarre series of murders, but tactical blunders made it expedient to make a deal with the Copy-Cat killer, who was offered ten years in a luxury mental home for his 'confessions' to everything, by a police force desperate to close the file.

After all these years, the Real Ripper, far from being a hoaxer who wrote mockingly to the police in order to implicate the Copy-Cat, is still free in the U.K.


Now from what i've read it seems the Yorkshire police were wanting to simply wrap the case up and ignored other evidence (which was questioned by Lancashire police) and the author of this website has gathered information which leans towards the 'other' ripper or indeed the REAL ripper is still at large.

The author suggests that Peter Sutcliffe was responsible for maybe four of the murders and was actually a copy-cat killer, who's profile did not fit the evidence of the other murders, but on his confessions (and not the evidence) he bargained with police to receive ten years in a secure mental home and not a prison.


Detective Chief Superintendent Lapish, Bradford C.I.D. 1978.

'We must now face the very real possibility that there is a second man preying on women."


Daily Mail. 1978.

"Copy-Cat Ripper at Large."


Sunday Times 'Insight.' 1980.

"Oldfield conceded to us - that there is not one Ripper, but - at least - two."


R.J.P. Warren ~ Deputy Chairman of West Yorkshire Police Authority. 1989.

"It was known in the top echelons of the police that two men were involved in the series of murders."


Ian Smith ~ Editor of Ch. Con. Ronald Gregory's Memoirs. 1983.

"I agree with your premise that Sutcliffe was not responsible for all the murders."


Brian Marriner ~ Author of 'A century of Sex Killers.'

"I don't think now that Sutcliffe did all the killings he Confessed to."


Then the author goes further in revealing some of the more recent murders and how they may relate to the 2nd ripper. The one who may still be free. Including snippets from newspapers and online articles.

www.yorkshireripper.co.uk...
edit on 21-5-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It even goes as far as to name the suspect.

A very interesting read.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Good morning mr-lizard,
at first I was a bit p-o'd because of the red buy the book button on that page.
But actually the site offers quite a bit to read and the story turns out to be really interesting
.
There sure are some very disturbed minds walking this planet.
I wonder what causes the mental defect of getting sexually aroused by seriously torturing and killing someone.
Oh well, interesting case, thanks for sharing.
Cheers



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.yorkshireripper.com...

More info and a great deal of research here too.

It even mentions the corruption and the alleged cover up in the law - ranging from the police, lawyers and a judge, many of whom were Freemasons, no doubt protecting their own.

Also mentions some of the innocent men who were framed for different crimes at the same time, and speculates how some of the people had been jailed for crimes they could not have committed but again evidence brushed away simply to appease the media.

And again mentions that Sutcliffe was not the primary killer, he was indeed a copy-cat killer.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
Good morning mr-lizard,
at first I was a bit p-o'd because of the red buy the book button on that page.
But actually the site offers quite a bit to read and the story turns out to be really interesting
.
There sure are some very disturbed minds walking this planet.
I wonder what causes the mental defect of getting sexually aroused by seriously torturing and killing someone.
Oh well, interesting case, thanks for sharing.
Cheers


Thanks for replying. Yes i'm very wary myself about sites that try and get you to buy things, but the site provides a ton of material with evidence and a strong argument.

As for what you asked... God knows. Seriously.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard
 


Interesting thread,
I have not read all of the info provided yet but I have one burning question; If there was another killer involved in this case, do you not think that there would have been more murders after Sutcliffe was locked up?

PEACE,
RK



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent
 


I know you haven't asked me but:


Ripper style murder may have cut up Mersey girl ~ March 2nd 2001
Victim No.5? ~ March 2nd 2001
"Traceys 15th murder"
"Hunt for five serial killers" ~ Mail on Sunday 19/5/96
"FOOTSTEPS OF THE RIPPER" ~ Sunday Times September 1995
"Return of the Ripper" ~ Now 17/7/94
"Fear of another Ripper as six bodies are found" ~ Daily Mail 12/7/94
"Strange disappearance of Ripper case man" ~ Sunday World 10/4/94
"Prostitutes go in fear of London Ripper" ~ Mirror 3/2/94
"New Ripper on rampage"~ Daily Mirror 3/8/93
"Terror of a new Ripper" ~ Manchester Evening News 14/9/91
1988 Ripper on the 2:16 ~ Today 25th Mar 1988
1988 Plymouth murders ~ Daily Star 23rd Jan 1988


It's on the first page. All those murders have occurred after Sutcliffs conviction.
edit on 22-5-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif
 


Thanks for that,
I have just been lookiing through the site but did not see that list.
I know a Police Woman who worked in the Incident room on the case in the early 80's and she told me some things which the newspapers were never told. Specifically about post murder rituals which were performed by the killer on the bodies of the victims.
These rituals were so unusual that only the investigating officers, SOCO's Coroners & Morticians may know.
I wonder if there are any similarities between the murders of the girls before Sutcliffe was arrested and the murders that have occurred since.

It is known that the killer used a ball pane hammer to knock the victims unconscious and then a large knife.
The knife was used in a particular way and then something was added to the corpse. If these similarities have been found in the murders after Sutcliffes arrest then I would be willing to believe the Authors claims.
So far I have not found these similarities mentioned but will keep looking.

PEACE,
RK



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
[ Specifically about post murder rituals which were performed by the killer on the bodies of the victims.
These rituals were so unusual that only the investigating officers, SOCO's Coroners & Morticians may know.
I wonder if there are any similarities between the murders of the girls before Sutcliffe was arrested and the murders that have occurred since.

It is known that the killer used a ball pane hammer to knock the victims unconscious and then a large knife.
The knife was used in a particular way and then something was added to the corpse. If these similarities have been found in the murders after Sutcliffes arrest then I would be willing to believe the Authors claims.
So far I have not found these similarities mentioned but will keep looking.

PEACE,
RK


However we weren't told of the ritual or placement at the time of Sutcliff so I doubt that we would be told in the other cases mentioned, so without an even bigger inside track you won't hear of the similarities.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye
 


And from the website, the reports of further killings after the detention of Sutcliffe seem to be mostly quotes from newspaper reports or hearsay. I see no Police documents stating that the M.O was the same.
Sounds interesting though.

PEACE,
RK



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
reply to post by Thepreye
 


And from the website, the reports of further killings after the detention of Sutcliffe seem to be mostly quotes from newspaper reports or hearsay. I see no Police documents stating that the M.O was the same.
Sounds interesting though.

PEACE,
RK


A good point - As I say i'm not actually claiming anything, but it would be interesting like you say to see if there are any comparisons to recent murders.

In what way were they ritualised? I know the Yorkshire Ripper often did something with the clothing, this was mentioned (but without any detail) and I know some of the corpses were mutilated - but any further info on this?

Thanks for the replies.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Also the author claims the real ripper was a man called Billy Tracey who was spotted several times around murder scenes in various towns and allegedly kept fleeing back to Ireland after each murder.

Some believe that Peter Sutcliffe may have jumped on the bandwagon (so to speak) and started his murders after Tracey's killings as Sutcliffe was mentally unhinged and possible craved attention.

This may have been why Sutcliffe was questioned several times and released before actually being arrested and 'confessing' - but whether the two murderers knew each other or maybe just knew of their notoriety is a different question.

And apparently bite marks on one or two of the victims did not match Sutcliffe's teeth pattern.



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed ! I read about Sutcliffe years ago but I knew nothing of the blood type issue and the bite marks (or at least if I did read it, I forgot). I wasn't aware that he was a copy cat either...............



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NagoyaW6
Very interesting indeed ! I read about Sutcliffe years ago but I knew nothing of the blood type issue and the bite marks (or at least if I did read it, I forgot). I wasn't aware that he was a copy cat either...............


Well 'maybe' is the word. Nobody knows for sure.



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join