It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts "chairs?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Ok, if you saw my other recent post www.abovetopsecret.com... you know that I just returned from Gettysburg where we had an interesting experience outside of our hotel. I'm still going through the pictures and came across these images that have me very interested.
First, these were taken in the Gettysburg National Cemetery, where the Gettysburg Address was given. Pictures were taken at Dusk, and yes there was a heavy fog-mist.....so pay no attention to all the orbs. What did get my attention were the chairs in the road. As best as we can remember, there were no chairs in the roadway (I mean, really...why would there be chairs there?.....
I need a favor, if any readers of this live nearby, how about swinging through there and taking some shots, just to rule out that there is nothing to sit on in the roadway.
I still have the original image, untouched, and would be willing to share it with someone that has a strong background in forensic photography, just to prove I've done nothing to hoax this. When I tweak the image in PS, you can make out 3 chairs. Thanks for any help from a local.
edit on 21-5-2011 by whyshouldI trustyou2619 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyshouldI trustyou2619
Ok, if you saw my other recent post www.abovetopsecret.com... you know that I just returned from Gettysburg where we had an interesting experience outside of our hotel. I'm still going through the pictures and came across these images that have me very interested.
First, these were taken in the Gettysburg National Cemetery, where the Gettysburg Address was given. Pictures were taken at Dusk, and yes there was a heavy fog-mist.....so pay no attention to all the orbs. What did get my attention were the chairs in the road. As best as we can remember, there were no chairs in the roadway (I mean, really...why would there be chairs there?.....
I need a favor, if any readers of this live nearby, how about swinging through there and taking some shots, just to rule out that there is nothing to sit on in the roadway.
I still have the original image, untouched, and would be willing to share it with someone that has a strong background in forensic photography, just to prove I've done nothing to hoax this. When I tweak the image in PS, you can make out 3 chairs. Thanks for any help from a local.
edit on 21-5-2011 by whyshouldI trustyou2619 because: (no reason given)

I do believe in ghosts.
Ghost chairs not so much lol.
How can an inanimate object have a ghost?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You won't get an argument from me on that...I've never heard of an inanimate object showing up in an image, but still...... I have no explanation for this image. Like I said, I have the original untouched image at 300 resolution.....willing to share, I'd just like an explanation. Has anyone else heard of an object showing up in a picture before? Thanks

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't have any answers but I have to admit, that is creepy!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'll have to agree on not knowing wtf. Although being creepy is a little far fetched considering its furniture. but props

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
what's creepy is---- they are old chairs----that just materialized out of nowhere
Like a bleed over from a different time

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, just as a follow up..I wrote the park service at the cemetery and sent them the link to the pictures. I'll post their reply when I get it. I've done a little looking, but so far can't find anything about picture of "objects", just of spirits. If anyone has any knowledge of this happening please share. Thanks

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I see the chairs that are closest to the camera person, and if that is a chair further down the road, it does look rather ghostly. I have heard that ghosts can attach themselves to inanimate objects, like paintings and stuff, but this is completely the opposite, if the chairs are in fact not real.

If this is in fact paranormal, I may have to revise some of my personal theories about ghosts. Nice post, and I hope someone does live nearby and can add go there and report what they see.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I did receive a reply to a request for info on inanimate objects appearing in photo's that could only be called "ghosts".....this is the reply I got:
Thanks for sending along the photos. I do have to admit to being a bit stumped by this one. There have been reports of things like phantom aircraft and trains and automobiles (and, of course, ships) but I haven’t come across phantom chairs before. Still, one never knows.

I think you are on the right track in writing the park service, though I’m not sure how helpful they might be. Even if there aren’t chairs (or, possibly, benches) along the road at that spot, some visitor could have brought them, so it’s probably going to be a dead end. The unfortunate thing is that you don’t have any photos of the same area taken at around that same time that don’t show the chairs. It’s very easy to fail to notice something in the background at the time a picture is taken and then to swear it wasn’t there. Unfortunately, the brain has a tendency to overlook such trivialities, preferring instead to concentrate on more noteworthy details, so it’s entirely possibly the chairs were there all along and you simply failed to notice them. If you had taken several shots from that vantage point within a few minutes of each other and all but one of them showed no chairs, then you would have something. As it is, we are forced to depend upon often flawed human memory of an event, which is always problematic.

I’m not saying you didn't capture some sort of phantom manifestation; I’m only saying that it’s more likely the chairs were there all along and you simply failed to notice them though, of course, I could be entirely wrong about that. In any case, that’s my best guess and I thank you again for sending the photos along.

Take care

Jeff Danelek

I post this because I think it's only fair and honest to listen to all sides of an argument, whether you agree or disagree. When I get a reply from the park service I'll post that as well.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

I just now found this thread and was wondering if you had received a reply from the park service. I've been a paranormal investigator for a few years, but I've never heard of a case of ghostly inanimate objects appearing on their own. I love coming across unheard of phenomenon! I have heard of things such walking canes appearing with human apparitions, but that's about as far as it goes.

Very interesting pic you have here because they do indeed look like chairs!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's funny you ask because I just got the reply from the park service. Here it what they said:
Roger:

This is in response to your email. Not sure what is in the picture, and we
really can't do much to help in terms of analyzing it. As a member of the
staff of a federally-funded National Park, we are not permitted to research
the strange, the weird, and the possibly paranormal.

I would also like to note that the cemetery visiting hours are 7 a.m. until
sunset.

Thanks and good luck on your quest for answers.

Katie Lawhon
Management Assistant
Gettysburg National Military Park

I do appreciate the reply, and I wasn't asking them to "interpret" the image. I just want to know if there are chairs there that I didn't notice......I'm hoping there's a ATS member that lives in Gettysburg and can walk the trail inside the cemetery and if there are chairs that I somehow missed, post a pic and then we'll know for sure. I'd go myself, but I'm back on the west coast

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My apologies if you have already answered this question, but what type of film was the image taken with? I have read about "phantom exposures" and was thinking it would be worth a shot to try.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

LOL! I would reply and tell them just that! Ask again if there are chairs present in that area and explain that you want no further analysis from them. I hate it when people blow something out of proportion. I'm sure they're asked to analyze weird stuff fairly often so maybe that's the reason for such a response, but I hate it when people do that. One of my pet peeves!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Actually, I've heard about things like this happening at Gettysburg before. Let me do some digging, and I'll see if I can post you some links. No guarantees tonight though, as we're currently getting slammed by a really bad storm, and I might end up losing power any minute.

I have heard of a few stories about phantom cannons showing up in the middle of battlefields, and I found those quite fascinating. There is a book that I picked up when I was there last called "Haunted Gettysburg" or something to that effect. That's where one of the phantom cannon stories popped up.

One of the popular theories is that places of extreme emotional trauma "store" the "information" and the area keeps replaying it again and again. It wouldn't be so far-fetched to say that Gettysburg fits that bill. What would really peak my interest is if you could find a photo or even a painting of that same road, let's say 100-120 years old, and finding the same chairs in that picture. Now THAT would really be something.

As far as what you captured on film, it's very interesting, and I hope you can find some other collaborating evidence to show that maybe these chairs existed there in the past.

EDIT TO ADD:

I do have to add to the ghost cannon thing. Many of the stories I heard were anecdotal from many of the local reenactors in the area at the time I visited. Many heard cannon fire at night, and some said that they even saw ghost cannons in the middle of some of the battlefields. As I was not visiting as a tourist, but as a paranormal investigator, most of them leveled with me on what they saw, as they get many investigators there each year. Just added that to clear some things up.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 25-5-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I'm a Civil War reenactor and although I haven't reenacted at Gettysburg (yet) I have heard many stories of "ghost" gunfire that are accompanied with flashes of light. Some of the people that have told me, I know for a fact wouldn't make it up and others, I don't know if they would or not, lol. It's interesting though. I've been on a lot of battle fields and the energy on some of them is almost palpable. I did take a pic that had a ghostly looking flag in it on a battle field once. If a flag can show up, I can can see how ghost cannons and possibly even chairs could hang around. I can't believe I forgot about the flag when I replied the first time in this thread. It's one of the best things that ever happened to me during an investigation, lol.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Huh... I definitely see them, but... What? Do chairs have souls? Should I feel bad for sitting on one? D:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I'm a Civil War reenactor and although I haven't reenacted at Gettysburg (yet) I have heard many stories of "ghost" gunfire that are accompanied with flashes of light. Some of the people that have told me, I know for a fact wouldn't make it up and others, I don't know if they would or not, lol. It's interesting though. I've been on a lot of battle fields and the energy on some of them is almost palpable. I did take a pic that had a ghostly looking flag in it on a battle field once. If a flag can show up, I can can see how ghost cannons and possibly even chairs could hang around. I can't believe I forgot about the flag when I replied the first time in this thread. It's one of the best things that ever happened to me during an investigation, lol.

That's very interesting!

When people ask me how to get started with ghost hunting, I usually tell them to plan a trip to Gettysburg. Most of the time all you need is a good digital camera, and a decent audio recorder. When I went, I had neither. The purpose of that trip was to collect anecdotal data on the area in general (as I was just passing through and had about six hours to kill). I have plans to return there one of these days, but right now I've taken a break from serious investigations for personal reasons.

But yes, the people I talked to were very open about it and very frank with me. They don't talk about it with the "tourists" the same way they talk about it with the investigators. The stories of the ghost cannons I just find so amazing. Next time I go, I'm planning on camping at one of the battlefields. I had heard someone talking about being able to do that with permission.

The energy of the entire area just felt weird to me. I've only been in a few houses that had that feeling, and it's a hard one to describe. I've felt encumbered in some houses, where I felt energized at Gettysburg. Just some food for thought.

My goal is to try and capture some of the cannon fire on video/film/audio, and very possibly get some ghostly inanimate objects on film.

To the OP:

I cannot find the exact articles that I read a few years ago, but if you google "Gettysburg Ghosts" you'll find a bajillion pages on the subject. You might be able to find something of interest in there.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No Film, digital. Shot with a Canon 7D.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well we have ghost trains so why not chairs? I think if somebody loves their possessions so much it may appear in our time now. Imagine if they had waited for ages to buy that item and cleaned it everyday or just felt at ease or something sitting in it. If thats the case my Xbox 360 will be floating around my home lol.

Cool photo by the way.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The pic link isn't working anymore.

top topics

join