It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonespiral
Typical Bay Area fan fare, I love living here!
Sights like this are common and never go unappreciated.
That being said, however, I kinda feel bad for all the people that lost everything because of this, hopefully they can get back on their feet

Haha you're local also? What city?
Just from your statement that this is "typical", I can tell you are from the bay lol
You're totally right, I can take 2 minutes to walk over from my house to berkeley and see this stuff every day.
It's common sight stuff in this area. Bunch of crazies here lol but we love them and accept them

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

QP, I applaud you and every person who went there, if I wasn't stuck in the Hell hole known as Michigan I would have been there with you, though I'm not sure I could have parted with my blow up doll lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Loving the pics. Great way to expose the con known as Family Radio. I love the blow up dolls attatched to balloons.

I have to second this. You did a great job capturing the event and these thing made me roar with laughter.
Star and flag!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

They were saved and are no longer in this world duh

Tee
Hee

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How do we know the rapture didn't happen?

Maybe the only people pure enough were a lost tribe in the Amazon that no one noticed has vanished.

The pic of the writing on the car saying, "I survived the rapture..." is hilarious, considering that 'surviving' (still here) after the rapture technically means that you didn't/won't survive - just waiting to die in 5 months or so...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Why is there so much redicule for this man? There but by the grace of God go you and I. Do you not realize that any sanity that you have, any health, any wealth, any thing good that you have is only by God's grace? Many of you, if not all, are born into wealth or a wealthy country where you have a roof over your head, clothes on your back, and food in your stomach. This is not by chance, but by God's grace. Why do we laugh at those less fortunate?

I saw the the sign about the false prophet and the scripture reference in Deuteronomy and this is a true scripture. However, God looks at the intent of the heart and I believe this man's heart is sincere, misguided, but sincere. It has been my experience that when you are serious about serving God, that you will always be at war with Satan (this is scriptual) and Satan has a tactic that when he cannot pull you down through personal sin and temptation and the cares of this life that he will begin to try to push you over the line to fanaticism. We all make mistakes and live in glass houses, mere fragile human beings. Maybe we shouldn't be so quick to cast stones.

There will be a rapture of some sort one day and on that day, or shortly thereafter, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Seeashrink

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by i am just saying
I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

I hope you'all feel all tough and stuff.

Disgraceful.

That man conned millions out of "naive believers"
He should be in jail for Fraud.
Especially since he did it twice.
It's like those psychic phone lines...hmmm they were prosecuted for fraud.Why is it disgraceful to harass a con artist? He needs to return all that money to the people who sold all their possessions and gave the cash to him!
edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling again

edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

I dont agree with what he did, but how is what he did any different from any other church learder or organized religion around the world,

They all depend on the donations from they're particular followers in order to pay the bills and spread their brand of gospel.

All religions are in the business of selling salvation and it is a lucrative business.

Always has been, always will be.

If they charge him with fraud they might as well round up every preacher, priest, etc...all around the country.

edit on 22-5-2011 by skull_bones because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by skull_bones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Why?

1. Because he is a douche bag
2. He knowingly lied to people
3. He is a GIANT douche bag
4. His deception made people go crazy and give away their possessions
5. People have committed suicide
6. He is Sir Douchyness of Douch

Thats 6 reasons I came up with in the last minute, see if you can add any more.

ps

7. HE IS A F---ING DOUCH BAG

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

How do you know people have committed suicide?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't know what's crazier...Camping or all the Nutcases on his door step. (You are of course excluded lol) Thanx for the pics.

Don't people have anything better to do? I can't imagine going out of my way to wag my finger at someone with "I Told You So" signs, Santas and Blow-up dolls.

While he is guilty of his misguided Fear Propaganda, these people went to a lot of effort to be in the lime light as well. Just to prove THEIR point.

Crazy World Indeed.

edit on 21-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Very true, I get your point. But, who made the biggest point there? Certainly the people with the blowup dolls have more credibility, because the rapture did not happen. Maybe those dolls floating up made other people in the world realize, that institutionalized religion is bs. Those are the same kind of people who are gona come here to Ats, to seek truth.

Deebo
edit on 22-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

edit on 22-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I love the "This is a Sign" sign.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did the rapture REALLY not come...
or has all the goody-two-shoes been unknowingly summoned to heaven?
hmmmmmm

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420

Why?

1. Because he is a douche bag
2. He knowingly lied to people
3. He is a GIANT douche bag
4. His deception made people go crazy and give away their possessions
5. People have committed suicide
6. He is Sir Douchyness of Douch

Thats 6 reasons I came up with in the last minute, see if you can add any more.

How so you know "he knowingly lied to people"?
Did the people that gave up their possessions give them to him, what need would he have had for them?
If people were deceived by him and harmed themselves or others it is because of their lack of knowledge of the scriptures and letting satan deceive them. I feel for them and their families. May God have mercy on their souls and the soul of this misguided preacher.
Seeashrink

ps

7. HE IS A F---ING DOUCH BAG

Oops, I don't know how to correct this, but you get the point.
edit on 22-5-2011 by seeashrink because: oops

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Don't people have anything better to do? I can't imagine going out of my way to wag my finger at someone with "I Told You So" signs, Santas and Blow-up dolls.

I could see bringing in a few few balloon f*ckdolls to Rapture at 6 PM. That was good thinking.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

How do I know? Gee, in the Bible it says only God the Father knows when the end times are. So, using Biblical Logic, he lied, for he is not god.

The people who did give away their possessions were weak minded individuals who are easily manipulated. It IS his fault they did it, because if he had never made them whole heartily believe in this they would have never done it.

Yes it was the peoples decision, but again, they are believers in something bigger than themselves and a pastor is supposed to be the leader who gives them truth and knowledge. So no, I don't believe those people really could help themselves.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just wonder who gave the sermon this morning. Must've been an interesting 90 minutes in that church.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria

Originally posted by notimportant

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by destro423

It's called "performance art" and real people have been doing it for decades. Many people know that

1) These balloons are available online and can be ordered with free shipping.

2) It takes roughly 5 medium sized helium balloons to drag one of these nudie-ballons aloft. Less if you fill the nudie-balloon with helium....

That is NOT, and never will be art, it is just plain dumb......

You are so dumbed down with the fluoride in your country's drinking water that you even don't know the difference between annoying people and art, let it be that you even know what real art is....

And ESPECIALLY because Jesus H Walford Christ appointed you to decide what art is.

Down with subjectivity!

And of course, if they disagree? Clearly fluoride making them sheep.

I once was in artschool to study graphic design and graduated, so I know where I am talking about when it comes down to arts or music. I once was a professional musician myself, and am still active in the "professional field of: music, theater and arts".

I don't like to brag about my exclusive way of live, but you were clearly asking for a teaching...

Can't tell if this is a troll or not.

In case it's not, are you implying that people without art/music degrees automatically cannot decide if an object is art to them, or a melody is music?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

I gave up trying to debate the guy when he claimed he was from a "bloodline" family, in charge of monitoring the whole world. His art degree is a fairly minor lie next to the rest of whatever he is trying to sell here.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

I hope you'all feel all tough and stuff.

Disgraceful.

Very good point, and well made. Half the people there seemed to be on scouting/recruiting drives to poach members of his church, too.

I bet Jesus is well proud.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I laughed my ass off! Well done!

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join