It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

notimportant...um..I think we have taken this thread way off topic ..enough already..

You should start a thread called.."why I want to nuke the USA,and why I should get away with it"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
THIS
IS A
SIGN

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Hey
Your written description was so good that when I looked at the photos it was like 'I have already seen this...wait no, I just read this' - the photos were so close to the visuals in my head thanks to the way you wrote about it...nice : )
So thanks for sharing this cool event of people gathering from everywhere to share the joke together...love it!

Jude11:
I think these people coming out is a good thing because the media attention will alert future victims of Camping's nonsense to THINK TWICE before sending him all their life savings (yup people have actually done that). I don't think it's so much for self-glorification these people came out - they could have just stayed home, and then the THIRD time Camping declares the coming rapture (and with his chutzpah, he probably will) yet more people would have bought his crap...now, there is a chance they will have seen some news piece about this gathering and consider carefully if Camping is for real or full of ****

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

Time to nuke the whole USA with it useless inhabitants, the world doesn't need this country full of retards any longer!

Wait a minute... Are you one of the people who donated to him? No wonder you are so angry and trying to defend him! You want so much for him to be right so you will know that you were not conned out of your money, right?

But now that you are seeing that you were wrong and are angry, the only solution you can think of is mass genocide? Wow, sounds like you have some problems to work out.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I know that there are descent, smart and reasonable Americans to, because I've met some in my life. But sometimes when I read the reactions here on this forum my blood begins to boil, it sometimes is just really, really dumb and those people who posted them sadly don't even know it, and don't want to know it....

Sad, sad

This coming from the person who just advocated for the Nuclear destruction of the entire United States.

Indeeed... Sad, sad.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am so glad you posted the pictures! It will be interesting to see what Camping and his follower's have to say after this mess. I wonder if anyone will sue him? Surely the people that spent their life savings are feeling a bit shortchanged today....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

Camping should have never set a date. The Bible states that NO ONE knows the day or hour. Not even Jesus. But we CAN know when the time draws near.

For people who have studied the Bible, all the signs are there.

Yes,but only for those who consider "Christianity" the only one and true valid religion ever.... Which it is not, sorry !!!

I agree with you on that... Because there IS NOT a true valid religion.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjefffort

Interesting, the guy is very delusional, he have to be mentally ill, somebody should have him committed so he can receive treatment.

Sad actually

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Fantastic thread,has made my day with the pics.
Erm,,,where do you get the blow up dolls,,,erm i want one,
erm to help me with some research,,lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't know what's crazier...Camping or all the Nutcases on his door step. (You are of course excluded lol) Thanx for the pics.

Don't people have anything better to do? I can't imagine going out of my way to wag my finger at someone with "I Told You So" signs, Santas and Blow-up dolls.

While he is guilty of his misguided Fear Propaganda, these people went to a lot of effort to be in the lime light as well. Just to prove THEIR point.

Crazy World Indeed.

edit on 21-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Given the fact he instigated this whole thing which lead to people giving up everything they own ... yeah i think wagging my finger is acceptable.. granted these people were gullible but he owns some serious blame here

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Excellent work OP, a real good thread for a change. Star and Flag.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Probably he is feeling an extreme guilt and shame...

Guilty enough to give the $70 million dollars back to the people who gave it to him?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I get a pang in my stomach looking at these people mocking the rapture folk, so I could never go out and do what they did standing in front of his building laughing and with balloons, BUT I feel incredibly bad that I laughed my butt off at spongebob, that was funny as heck.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

Maybe these people wanted so much to believe him and don't know what the bible says about the date of the rapture, Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
They will not see their money again. That's just my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Awesome. Just awesome dude.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Rapture will happen and these people will be the ones looking like fools during the tribulation. This guy was crazy but he doesnt represent the whole religeon which was misrepresented.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Family Radio website (which is back up after being down for extended periods yesterday) still says yesterday's supposed rapture was "guaranteed by the bible." (Note: just checked again, and the site is once again down.)

Meanwhile, many of Camping's followers are said to be taking the non-event badly.

As the clock ticked towards 6 p.m. local time on May 21st 2011 – which Camping predicted to be the beginning of ‘Doomsday’ – Fitzpatrick waited expectantly at Time Square, New York City. While he waited, he was surrounded by revelers and mockers.

When ‘Doomsday’ failed to materialize, Fitzpatrick was stunned.

“I don't understand why nothing is happening. It's not a mistake. I did what I had to do. I did what the Bible said,” he said, reported New York Post.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Typical Bay Area fan fare, I love living here!
Sights like this are common and never go unappreciated.
That being said, however, I kinda feel bad for all the people that lost everything because of this, hopefully they can get back on their feet

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Today is Super Sunday ! Dont miss it ! RAPTURES!!!
Click the link! Baptazia : Super Sunday
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have no problem with this guy getting egged, however, having said that, I feel really truly sorry for those hyper-religious (mostly older) people that threw their last money&savings at him. I hope other churches and welfare-organizations show pity, and come up with something for them. Being stupid, is no reason to die of hunger or cold.

It is a fair warning for many in the USA that have historically been pretty gullible the moment religious "revelations" were concerned, and rather unforgiving towards people that believed something else (kough-muslim-kough).

The baffling amount of sects and churches, combined with the sheer hatred that atheism gets in The USA is a vague signal there's something not well below the surface. (Buuuuut... knowing that churches don't pay taxes...... DARN!! I gotta start my own church!!)

Oh, and please, no nuking the USA... I happen to like my family You know? Although they are Americans, and thusly guilty by association....

edit on 5/22/2011 by diakrite because: html-fix

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join