It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from my visit to Harold Camping's Family Radio Office, 6pm on Judgement Day

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm wondering... at what point does a religion legally become a scam? I mean, I can knock on an old lady's door and tell her that if she gives me her credit card number and social security number, etc. that I can make sure she gets an amazing new youth-serum for a nominal fee of $20 or something. Then I steal her identity and wipe out her savings and retirement fund and I can and will be legally prosecuted for scamming. Sure, Harold Camping didn't "steal" people's money, but he has a multi-million dollar industry, and money doesn't grow on trees. Just because people donate money to him and buy merchandise or whatever, it's legal. Yet he is selling lies. Harold Camping scammed thousands of people. Are there no repercussions for lying to thousands of people and misleading entire communities to abandon their lives and responsibilities? Really, at what point is this a goddamned scam?

Edit: This post is at the top of page 7, the Lord's number.

edit on 5/22/2011 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Scam? When Jesus passed judgement on the merchants he upended their tables dumping all their ill earned money to the floor. Nothing like that happening on Wall Street right?

www.quote.com... =

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
reply to post by OrphenFire

Scam? When Jesus passed judgement on the merchants he upended their tables dumping all their ill earned money to the floor. Nothing like that happening on Wall Street right?

www.quote.com... =

What are you talking about?
edit on 5/22/2011 by OrphenFire because: Gotta go to work >.< kthxbai

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by notimportant

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by whaaa

And the worst thing is that he has done it before, yes this not the first time that he has capitalized in doomsdays prophecies and still people follow him.

If those people keep following him blindly without checking his history, don't they deserve to be mislead ???

I think they do, just as I think that the USA deserves to get trolled with several nukes !!

Why would you say something like that??

I can understand you saying his followers should bare the brunt of their gullibilty..but

the USA deserves to be trolled with nukes??

You know how many innocent citizens would die???

I'm hoping that was just a one time emotional response, because that is a very scary thought..for any country.

And the fall out of such an event all over this planet, would not be pretty.

America's army of fat necked "heroes" are also bombing the # out of Arabic country's, with a lot of innocent civil casualties who had nothing to do with the whole "war against terror" (what a hypocrite titel for a war anyway) thing. So why wouldn't the rest of the world completely nuke the hell out of America. They have caused enough misery in the world, and now it is time to stop the American madness! I really think that whole country and it inhabitants should be banished from the planet !
edit on 22-5-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I find it very very odd that, amongst all the tens of thousands of other doomsday, alien, EQ, etc predictions, that this one is getting so much media coverage. Maybe its the religious aspect of it but who knows...

I'm sure this has already been said by many people but I believe that the reason this prediction got so much media attention is because tptb now feel that it time to start really trying to discredit conspiracy theorists, anyone who predicts things (maybe even economically) and anyone else who isn't a sheep.

Don't get me wrong I thought yesterdays prediction was bogus the second I heard it. But its sad because a lot of people are just too stupid to differentiate crazy predictions and ones based on facts. They see things only at face value and lump them all together.

I personally don't think there will be any biblical doomsday prophecy happening, however, I do think the US dollar is going to die which might lead to a world war and inevitably the end of our current way of life. This May 21st prediction only helps discredit people who are trying to warn the people who think "eh owell it'll get better." We spent so much money digging that hole to China and when we got there are money was no good.

Even if the powers that be weren't involved with this one, its still going to make more people out to be nutters when in reality they are sane ones who really care.

We're screwed dewd.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Did you -- an art school graduate, no less -- just commit the logical fallacy of comparing American citizens to professional troops? You do realize that most people don't become professional soldiers, right?

....For literally MILLIONS of different reasons.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

And the worst thing is that he has done it before, yes this not the first time that he has capitalized in doomsdays prophecies and still people follow him.

If those people keep following him blindly without checking his history, don't they deserve to be mislead ???

I think they do, just as I think that the USA deserves to get trolled with several nukes !!

I can understand you saying his followers should bare the brunt of their gullibilty..but

I'm hoping that was just a one time emotional response, because that is a very scary thought..for any country.

America's army of fat necked "heroes" are also bombing the # out of Arabic country's, with a lot of innocent civil casualties who had nothing to do with the whole "war against terror" (what a hypocrite titel for a war anyway) thing. So why wouldn't the rest of the world completely nuke the hell out of America. They have caused enough misery in the world, and now it is time to stop the American madness! I really think that whole country and it inhabitants should be banished from the planet !

You missed my point entirely...why punish the innocent for the crimes of a few?

You really think the average American wants to do what the people pulling the strings behind gov want?

Its that crazy kind of mentality that will put this whole earth in jeapordy soon.

( by the way..this earth does revolve,therefore what goes up in the atmosphere,is shared by others on this planet...think about that before you start nuking)
edit on 22-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
BIG fan of the makeshift rapture... felt a bit bad for the poor soul that got caught in the electricity cable though.

Also, I hope to dear god that people saw those blow up dolls from a distance and actually thought it was people ascending to heaven.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

I hope you'all feel all tough and stuff.

Disgraceful.

Considering the ruckus this guy caused I would say it was fair game. He doesn't get a "get out of jail free card."

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I find it disgraceful that people took time out of their lives to mock an old man and his beliefs but don't have the cajones to stand up to the oppressing government that has a boot on their neck.

You don't agree with him fine, I don't either but does it give you satisfaction to kick a senile old man while he is down?

Disgraceful.

You idiot.
This has nothing to do with the government.

Smh,

Do you go to parties or social events and talk about the government?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

Disgraceful.

Considering the ruckus this guy caused I would say it was fair game. He doesn't get a "get out of jail free card."

I can understand that people feel angered about thisguy, but you aren't a hair better if you choose "payback", if you knowwhat I mean.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
H.C. is just a crazy old man! Too bad he still has the powers to influence the sheeple. His credibility was already ruined from his other unfulfilled prophecies, however dumbasses still ran around spending their money promoting more false prophecies. If they even read their bible they would have known that no one knows the day or the hour.

He needs to hide because people are going to be angry. I really do not like preachers of doom and gloom! God is not cruel and vengeful, people are taught like that to keep them under control. Love and truth should be shouted from the rooftops........ NOT that God is going to destroy them for wickedness and anyone who doesnt believe in Christ is going to hell, a place that does not exist! Fear tactics have been used to control the masses since the beginning and they use it because ignorance is abundant in the brainwashed.
Seek the truth and love everyone and everything, be slow to anger and DO NOT FEAR, fear is the opposite of love. I know it sounds corny but love really is the answer. Too bad people like Camping come along and lead the stupid. It discredits the truth to the ignorant. Such a shameful thing!!!
Harold Camping is a LIAR, a phoney and anyone who believed him is as nuts as he is!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

Disgraceful.

I can understand that people feel angered about thisguy, but you aren't a hair better if you choose "payback", if you knowwhat I mean.

I didn't say I was better. Showing up at his production studio with picket signs and blow up doll's is not "Pay Back" either. Pay Back would be more along the lines of freezing his companies assets and then forcing him or his business to return all monies he/it received from people who believed his crap. Now that would be pay back.
edit on 22-5-2011 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

You missed my point entirely...why punish the innocent for the crimes of a few?

You really think the average American wants to do what the people pulling the strings behind gov want?

Its that crazy kind of mentality that will put this whole earth in jeapordy soon.

( by the way..this earth does revolve,therefore what goes up in the atmosphere,is shared by others on this planet...think about that before you start nuking)

I can live with the consequences of that nuke, that country just must go away, and I can assure you that there is a very huge amout of people who think the same way about America. Almost everyone on the planet who is not American just simply hate that country.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm still convinced Jesus came and couldn't find anyone worth saving.

Enjoy your earthquakes/volcanoes/floodings.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Still doesnt mean anything, why are you trying to blame Camping? Those people (his followers) have simply chosen to donate their money to Camping without being forced. Now they are upset because there was no rapture, maybe it is their own fault? Why are you trying to blame camping for it, are you upset to that there was no rapture, or are you just failing to see the true matter of the core??? Blaming others is really easy ! But yeah, keep continuing about Camping and how bad he was etc etc... All just keep going on this way!! With this hatefull, angry and negative attidute this world is indeed going to end very fast !!!

So by your reasoning......any con man that scams people is not to blame?.........but his victims are?.........really?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You're wrong..I am not american,and I know many others who are not american, who do not feel that way at all.

We don't hate the country,and we don't hate the people.

We do dislike the people who secretly manipulate ,and control the government...and that is not just happening in America.

please..all you Americans out there..don't believe what he is saying.

(sighs) ...notimportant...you have been your own worst enemy ,with these accusations and threats.
You are acting like a terrorist..and it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to moniter you .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Heres a vid of him getting confronted in Times Square i kinda feel sorry for the guy

whosjefffort.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Yah, just another false prophet being called on his bluff. Curiously enough, their website was down too.

Ever hear of the story "The boy who cried wolf"?

However, the pics were AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. Glad to know someone else who had access to the nonsense. Loved the blow up dolls, how irreligious can you get? OMG, simply awesome.

S&F.

you forget so easily... the village was overrun by wolves because none were on guard because they allowed
themselves to become disillusioned by the boy's false warnings...

the villagers should have stayed alert.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

and it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to moniter you .

That is impossible, I'm a descendant of a bloodline family.... It is I who monitors you all haha !

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join